on 29 June 2013
This is a cheap device that works well with my Android Phones. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and an iNew 2000 phone from China, both worked with this Bluetooth GPS receiver.

It only came with the BlueTooth GPS receiver without any other accessories or instructions.

Charging up the device is easy because I have some mini USB cables/USB car chargers from other purchases. All I need to do is to connect a mini USB cable to the USB port of a computer.

Instructions can be downloaded from the Internet, but there was not much information about how to use this device with an Android Phone. Many GPS Bluetooth software downloaded from Play store did not work with this device, but I found one eventually that worked well with it. Here are the steps:

1. Paired up the GPS receiver and the phone via Bluetooth using the code '0000'.
2. Download Bluetooth GPS (GG MOBLAB) software from Play store. Select the Bluetooth GPS device to connect, click connect and enable Mock GPS provider option in the software,
3. Use your own GPS Nagivation software without turning on the internal GPS of the phone. The nagivation softwore should be able to read the data from the GPS receiver.

I have tested it successfully with COPILOT GPS - Plan and Explore. It has been able to keep track of the position accurately without delay.
on 29 August 2011
Bought this as a used item. Was exactly as described. I bought it to use on my boat alongside my Samsung N150 Plus Netbook (also bought from Amazon at a great price) Once I figured out the correct COM port to use (software problem not GPS unit),it connected via bluetooth to my netbook and works a treat. Finds 3 or 4 satellites very rapidly and often more. I use self scanned and calibrated charts and this unit is absolutely spot on every time, right down to the correct pontoon in the marina. Have also used it with a scanned and calibrated Ordnance Survey map in the car and that worked brilliantly also. Haven't really tested the battery life as it is always connected via USB port on my netbook to keep charged. I do know it lasts for well over 6 hours and probably twice that? If you want a GPS unit for chart work this is the one to use.
on 29 May 2013
It is quite quick (the documentation suggests 42s average from cold start to first fix, and that's about
right). After a minute or so of operation it is really quite accurate. Despite the usual occasional
swings through tens of metres, it's usually much less variable than that, even in a poor-reception
location indoors, and the OS official converter gives a very good match to the National Grid location.

The product has a sticky residue on the back, as though it had been mounted on something and then
removed, and there is an unexpected score-line across the back too. The finish on the front isn't
perfect, but it's not really intended to be looked at. The battery seems to be new - it still has
a "pull me" bit of plastic on it - but this may be false too, as the plastic doesn't cover the
contacts, but is on the other end. Presumably the battery was in circuit all the time, though
it wasn't exhausted when I received it. Charging has worked normally since (though that doesn't
cover much time).

It's really a BT-359 from GlobalSat (see http://www.usglobalsat.com/ for user manual and
support tools), re-badged as "CoPilot". The BT-359 variants differ only cosmetically, and
this re-badged version doesn't quite match any of those used by the original manufacturer.

The bluetooth pairing code is 0000 (clever, that): it needs a secure link.

I'd give it four stars - especially considering the price - if only it was really new.
I suspect it's not really second-hand either, but part of a job lot which was mounted on
something and then unmounted before being sold.
on 10 November 2011
I had to add my own comment, as there have been some negative comments relating to not receiving the additional charging cable and CD.
I did receive all of these items, so no complaints there.
The GPS is a compact device, that can fit comfortably into a pocket, it aquires satellites quickly, and unlike my previous device works through the windscreen of my car.
The battery is removeable. Not sure of the price or availability of a replacement battery, but the unit was only £20 anyway.
on 4 April 2014
I bought this GPS receiveer as a replacement for the previous make that I had bought from the USA, as this first item I had bought stopped functioning.

I had no problems to get the receiver to work with my Nokia E63, as I have become as expert in using the phone's settings after the problems experienced with the previous item I had bought.

The fact that no charger or leads were supplied with the item did no bother me, as the car charger and USB charging lead from my previous GPS receiver were fully compatible (mini USB).

The sensitivity of the receiver seems slightly superior to the previous item I owned, and the interpretation of the LEDs is straightforward, as described in the link on the item page.

The only thing that was a bit doubtful was the sticky glue residue on the back that suggests that the item formed part of a larger item, and was detached and sold as 'new'. The seller hasn't yet explained the presence of this glue.

Although only my second day using the receiver, I would so far recommend it to anyone who already has a mini-USB charger lead or car charger.

Delivery was surprisingly quick to Malta, and the item was well protected in its packaging.
on 14 March 2013
This product came extremely quickly,mine wasn't boxed or with instructions and no USB other than a car charger.charged quickly using an old mini USB lead and paired to my Blackberry in seconds.if you don't have instructions with yours then turn it on,activate your bluetooth and search for device.my phone found it dead quick,then put in the pass key which is a standard default "0000",you're all done.Very pleased with mine.
on 18 July 2012
Even though the item description stated 'new', it came unboxed and somewhat scuffed. However it arrived reasonably quickly, works and was cheap, so you can't really complain.
on 17 August 2014
I intended to use the product with my Nexus 7. Got it connected ok, downloaded the bluetooth GPS app and all seemed to work ok on that but i wanted to use it with my Sky Demon software as i was loosing GPS signal on occasions in the air. I put the 359 in a good reception location for satellite view and tried to use the Nexus inside, in the expectation that the 359 would send the signal to the Nexus. Nothing was received. Tried to contact the seller by the "contact seller" link but didn't get any reply so in the end i had to send the unit back.
Very dissatisfied.
on 4 August 2009
I have received a package very fast, but it was at least a hundred times bigger than the device itself... And this is nothing more, nothing less than a bluetooth GPS receiver. And I mean it, there was nothing more in that box, no home charger, no car charger, no USB cable, no CD, just the receiver as on the picture... Nice one
22 comments4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2013
Overall I consider this to be a well made product.

I used it to connect it to my Samsung Galaxy S since the built in GPS ain't that great.

Didn't take it too long to get a gps lock.
Haven't run into any battery problems with it so far.

Probably the only thing I don't really like about it is the size and weight, it spends most its time in my pocket and you can really feel that it's in there.

Overall for the pricepoint I bought it at I found it to be a really great product.