4.0 out of 5 stars Great music for chilling (of course!)
Published on 13 July 2007 by D. Prieto

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
it does what it says - it chills
Published 2 months ago by Sam E

4.0 out of 5 stars Great music for chilling (of course!), 13 July 2007
D. Prieto "dandandan" (Bournemouth,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Chill (Audio CD)
This is a solid chill out mix with various different styles of music. The track selections are excellent, although a little confused as it moves from one style to another a bit too much. CD1 has a folky downtempo feel to it, highlights include Emilia Torriana and Vashti Bunyan, but the CD ends with some electronica, which whilst fantastic does not sound right after the folky stuff. But CD1 is my fav. CD2 again has a fantastic collection of tracks but again I'm not too keen on the running orders. But thats a minor quibble when the tracks are so great. For me the highlight of the whole album is Ulrich Schnauss - In All The Wrong Places, a soaring piece of electronica which has made me go out and order his album. This track is a classic if I ever heard one. In all this CD is great in bringing back happy memories of the Big Chill festivals I've been to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your ordinary chill out album, 10 Sep 2006
M. Prior - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Chill (Audio CD)
As a big fan of most down tempo music in general I have a lot of 'chill out' compilation albums. I bought this one on a whim and have been impressed. It really is very different, and different in a good way. It has a slightly folksy edge which gives it its uniquieness. You won't get heavy tribal beats, and some of the tracks are purely vocal or single instrument, this lends the album a lightness of touch, that at times borders on the beautiful.

Stand out track for me was Rodrigo y Gabriela's 'Stairway to heaven'. It's flamenco guitar, but doesn't sound like anything I've heard before - exquisite!

A very good addition to the collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars If perfect were a six I'd rate this five and a half., 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Big Chill (Audio CD)
Outstanding from beginning to end.

It's always possible to find additional tracks to have on these compilations, with this one I'd find it impossible to delete any to make the space!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 9 July 2014
it does what it says - it chills

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CDs, 31 May 2014
Really good double CD.
I used to listnen to elctronic music and a bit of jazz St Germain type.
Now Am a Dad. I like the Big Chill.

5.0 out of 5 stars my best so far of 2006, 19 Sep 2006
M. Kennelly "trainergod" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Chill (Audio CD)
i stumbeled across this Cd and liked the look of it. I knew a few of the tracks on there but most were new artists to me. Since I bought it it has not left the CD player. Disc 1 is great, quality vocals with real music. This Cd has helped me discover Josh Rouse and i am now in the process of getting hold of all his stuff. Another great artist that appears on there is Fink, his Cd is also great and well worth a look. If you are familar with Big Chill, then you will know what this is all about. If this is a new label to you then I promise you, you'll be buying the back catologue ASAP.

Buy it, play it, you'll love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Could do better..., 6 Sep 2007
J. Cooper "my heart bleeds Tel!" (UK/Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Chill (Audio CD)
Some gems and much crass, advert pitched tripe...

The Big Chill...as an event the Chill you get is not the one you expect.
To quote one broadsheet, "there is a corner of England that shall remain forever HABITAT tm..."
Awful...worst event I have ever been too...Only saying this to focus on what type of music they are presenting..e.g. Sure Ulrich Schnauss is beautiful, but they only stuck him on because of the lucozade sport advert...want your musical taste dictated by corporate sales people?

If you wear green jumpers or are an Ethno-Yah wannabee, buy it, otherwise stop being lazy, do the research (you are on Amazon already!) and look elsewhere...

The Big Chill
The Big Chill by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2006)