5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Good Software
Although it seemed initially expensive I had read so many good reviews that I decided to buy it even though I had been very disappointed with the earlier versions which I abandoned.

I followed the brief (about 15 minutes) voice recognition training after setup and after about 2 weeks of use where some words needed extra correction through the microphone to...
Published on 29 Oct. 2006 by Tellboy

2.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if it didn't decide to go on strike every couple weeks...
I was amazed at this product originally. A huge improvement over version 8 in accuracy and speed! However, every couple of weeks it decides to just 'stop working'. Whenever I speak, it just pops up a little box with a few question marks instead of typing what I say. There is no warning, no changes are done to the files, today it just happened between dictating one email...
Published on 28 July 2007 by Chrissy K

1.0 out of 5 stars Nuance are useless, 1 April 2009
This review is from: Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 (Preferred Edition) (CD-ROM)
I called their sales line and the operator thought i was recording the conversation and then proceeded to tell me how customers are supposed to talk to her and then kindly hung up on me saving me on any additional costs.

I then called tech support who told me that i should have checked the system requirements on my version 10 because it says it does not support SSE2 or something. Anyway, the box says nothing at all about that this, his rudeness and curtness really was only riveled by one other person... the Sales woman. These guys are useless, the product they sold me doesn't work on two of my computers. Not bothering with them anymore.

1.0 out of 5 stars Takes ages to work and doesnt like VISTA unless you a computer programmer, 21 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 (Preferred Edition) (CD-ROM)
taking me ages to load asking me to edir regestry things and change user profiles . but it tells me that it works on VISTA well not yet it doesnt 4 hours ive been trying still trying ill let you all know! lousy

1.0 out of 5 stars Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 (Preferred Edition) - I don't think so!, 3 July 2007
Alison Murray (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 (Preferred Edition) (CD-ROM)
If this is the preferred edition I'd hate to meet any of the others!

What a waste of money and time. I was advised to buy this by my disability adviser who said it would help me enormously due to the spread of arthritis in my fingers. After training it and retraining it 'ad nauseum' I am simply gonna put up with the pain in my fingers instead. The headset that's supplied with it is so basic, that I had to upgrade, but this still made little difference to the accuracy and speed of the programme.

If you really want to waste hours and hours of your life by training the software, and then yet more hours pulling your hair out when it still hasn't got a clue what you've said, oh and the hours screaming 'SCRATCH THAT', then go ahead and buy it. Otherwise, save your money and your time.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointment, 1 Jan. 2008
A. E. E. Meursing "Anneke" (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 (Preferred Edition) (CD-ROM)
Recommended highly by a close friend, I ordered Dragon naturally speaking only to find out that both my PC and laptop have insufficient RAM. With the Xmas bonus, I bought a new laptop (Vista) to start working with Dragon naturally speaking only to discover the program does not work under Vista.....spent 150 euros for Dragon then 1600 for a new laptop and still not able to work Dragon!

Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 (Preferred Edition)
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 (Preferred Edition) by Nuance Communications, Inc. (Windows 2000 / 98 / Vista / XP)