5.0 out of 5 stars Jacques Original Happy Families
Arrived quickly and was a good price. Took me back to my childhood as I played the game with my 2 granddaughters. They loved it - very entertaining!!
Published on 27 Dec 2009 by Mrs. J. Horobin

3.0 out of 5 stars Happy Families
This is a very simple but enjoyable card game which we played as kids back when there were no playstations, x-boxes and very few TV's. It's appeal is still valid & our grandkids aged 5 & 6 love it.
Published on 27 July 2009 by Andypsion

5.0 out of 5 stars Jacques Original Happy Families, 27 Dec 2009
Mrs. J. Horobin (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Families for happy family gatherings, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Jacques Original Happy Families (Toy)
I played with these traditional Happy Families over seventy years ago, my children had them too, and now the next generation is learning to love Tenniel's wonderful drawings. Totally delighted that they are still available. Too much Disney gives me visual indigestion.

Tenniel did the famous illustrations to the early editions of Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking-Glass - so a very important 19th century artist. Why should children not benefit from the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never out of date, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Jacques Original Happy Families (Toy)
I bought this to use in an English class with foreign students. It was amazing how they got into the game and practised their English questions while competing hard to win!

5.0 out of 5 stars good old favourite, 28 Dec 2011
Mr. Dc Fowler "fowlerd17" (Portsmouth UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Jacques Original Happy Families (Toy)
I agree with Angela Montgomery. I have just had my son's family over and the children 7 and 4 couldn't get enough of it. It teaches strategy, memory, analysis and all those so unnecessary abilities we have no need of these days (haha). I loved this game when I was young because it pitted me against the abilities of others - how very non-PC these days. Good fun so I am getting another deck for my grandchildren. I'd give it about 10 for the development of the qualities I have mentioned. PS the illustrations are the ones I remember from all those years ago. They're on the whole a pretty grotesque bunch but obviously memorable. My son beat me. Bah, humbug!

4.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned fun, 29 Sep 2011
This review is from: Jacques Original Happy Families (Toy)
My daughter was having so much fun playing happy families with the cards my mother had as a child that I decided to get her a set. This original set of characters are virtually the same as my mum's 60 year old pack so it will provide my daughter with many happy memories of playing with her grandmother

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Families review, 9 April 2010
This review is from: Jacques Original Happy Families (Toy)
I loved this card game when I was younger and bought the books for a friend of mine's 7th Christmas. She loved them so much I bought the card game which she thoroughly enjoys playing. I am a little disappointed that some of the families have changed and the pictures are more Alice in Wonderland than the cute pictures I had, but I guess that's progress!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Family Card Game, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Jacques Original Happy Families (Toy)
I love this game. My mom is from England and we grew up playing this. Now the fun has been passed down to future generations in the US. We were so excited to find this online and it will make a great Christmas present! Also, thank you for sending it so quickly! It arrived in great condition.

3.0 out of 5 stars Happy Families, 27 July 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Product, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jacques Original Happy Families (Toy)
Product is a classic, family friendly game with great illustrations. Suitable for all ages in any family and should provide great enjoyment.

4.0 out of 5 stars OLD TIME GAME, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Jacques Original Happy Families (Toy)
Remember your childhood - used to play this with my Grandmother. Teaches politeness and is far more popular in this household than computer games.

Jacques Original Happy Families