4.0 out of 5 stars Now my wife likes my PSP, 13 Nov. 2006
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Passport to Barcelona (PSP) (Video Game)
I bought this on a whim thinking that it would look good on my gadget and I was going to Barcelona the next week. I was not expecting a lot but thought it was worth a go. Not only was I impressed but so was my wife and father-in-law. It took me a little while to become familiar with the maps (as detailed below) but once I got used to this it became a very good tool and I plan to buy others (even the London one and I live there!)

All the standard history, local customs, overview sections were on there. Plus loads of extras.

Good points-
Easy to use and navigate around the software.
A phrase book for 5/6 languages. (Spanish, german, french italian and czech- from memory) You find a phrase and the phrase is spelt out for you. But press x and the phrase is spoken in the relevant language for you. Cool. It's said a little fast but after a few clicks you get to know how to say it. Alternatively play it in front of a local and you won't need to say a word.
The maps were excellant. Just bring up the map of where you are, icons representing, food, museums and shops appear on the map so you can plan your route or pop into a place you had not thought of visiting. If you click on the icon in the map you can drill down into an overview of the place, a seperate tab for detailed review and also directions.
Why directions? You can browse by shops, museums, food, clubs instead. You can click through from this menu for all details and map.
The itinaries were ideal. With so much to see how could we plan our days out? This does it for you. Fancy a Gaudi day? or a Chocolate day? There were about 10+ itinaries for you, making sure you had breakfast, lunch and dinner. I could even download two extra itinaries from the website. You can play around with the intinaries in a Outlook Calendar type tool taking out what you want.

Areas for improvement
Map- There were about 10 maps for Barcelona. North, S, E and W were self explanatory. But I had no idea where the districts were? So it took me sometime to piece together how all the maps interlinked. Would be good if you had one large map of all barcelona which you could drill into. I had to use a normal map I got from my hotel to get the overview.
Map- if you were to look up a museum (say) drill into it, and then select map you would be presented with a map of where it is and the nearest tube/bus route. Great. However it did not say what main map you were now in and unless you knew all the maps, or local landmarks/roads there was no way to link it back to the main maps or districts. So you had no idea what district you had to go to. You could work it out by the nearest tube details. I spent some time flicking between maps and tube map trying to work out where I had to go etc etc

Once I knew the areas/main roads then it became less of a problem.

Even with these drawbacks I think this is an excellant piece of software and well worth the purchase. Why 4 stars?- they need to improve the maps then any user can dive straight in. If I could give 4 and a half then I would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maps and info, 24 Aug. 2013
M. Penfold (Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Passport to Barcelona (PSP) (Video Game)
This is a useful and fun little information package, Maps are good, take it with you and enjoy. as good as a map and guide, but
much more handy.

Passport to Barcelona (PSP)
Passport to Barcelona (PSP) by Sony (Sony PSP)