on 14 October 2010
The Tractor represents brilliant value at a shade under £27, BUT BE WARNED the trailer is a nightmare to put together as 1. The instructions are vague (compare them to 80's flatpack furniture instructions are you will not be far off) 2. The axle end stays are both difficult to knock on with a hammer and the plastic tubes supplied (I had to file the ends of the axle with a file as both ends were burred over), but the Tractor looks great and I'm sure my 1 year old will have hours of fun (It was bought for his 1st birthay), all I can recommend is that you set aside a good hour to construct when in a good mood (NOT at 10.30 at night when I decided to do it, as you will have to go back out to the shed for additional tools, bigger hammer and a file). The stickers were suprisingly rewarding to fit. The tractor has a limited turning circle so I would not recommend for indoor use, unless you have a large area of floor space.
on 14 May 2012
Having read the negative reviews, I was unsure about buying this. However, as they were only displeased with the construction aspect, I decided to risk it. (At £19.95 it seemed a 'no-brainer'!) I'm SO pleased I took the plunge!
The instructions ARE a little difficult to interpret... They've obviously modified the design, adding a 'skirt' in the front for added safety. Therefore the first diagram on the instructions doesn't relate to the photo or subsequent diagrams. However, a positive attitude and a little common sense made it easy enough to tackle. We took our time, but it was completed within an hour, so worth the effort.
I can't report on the play-value yet, as bought it well in advance of my grandson's birthday. (Thank goodness I did, as now £43!) Can't wait to see his response when he gets it! Will add to this review when he's got it and had time to get used to it. The star ratings are a guess so far.

As promised, an update... Met all expectations as far as play value is concerned. My grandson can be a little hesitant with new things (he's only 18 mnths) but he got onto the tractor straight away. Steering is something he hasn't quite mastered yet, but it's light enough to manipulate. At the moment he hasn't got the trailer - that's something we can add later. He's quite small for his age, so it will last him for a long time, hopefully.
on 7 July 2016
This is a great bit of kit and ideal for our 2 year old. There are no pedals like on the bigger ones and this is great he just scoots along. Great bit of father son time too building it (although the instructions where not great) And best of all putting on the stickers!
One modification I did make there is a fender at the front bottom that I took off after putting it on. It is just a bit too low to the ground its probably ok on carpet but ours was going out side and our lad kept going over the front when it got caught on grass and stones. I am guessing it is there to look authentic and stop getting feet under it but like I said it was just a bit too low to the ground.
The trailer is another bonus our son loves it and uses it like a wheelbarrow to help daddy and mummy in the garden and when we don't go fast enough he just beeps at us.
What a great present (just got to wait another year now till we need a bigger one)
on 6 June 2015
Okay, so lets be clear, the instructions are rubbish, the "pretty" plastic pieces fit poorly, but the kids don't care about that.

The important pieces went together well, and the wheels are large enough that my 15 month old can move around with it on the grass without issues.

The steering wheel steers, but only just, again, kids wont give a hoot about that.

I suppose the only possible issue, is that the "peg" that holds the trailer on is WAY WAY too stiff for this age group to remove, however a sharp knife can help with that.
review image review image
on 28 January 2012
Santa delivered this tractor for my little boy soon to be 2 years. Was a little put off by previous reviews stating that it was a problem to assemble but it was straight forward and took about 15 minutes and it was worth every minute of it to see his face light up.
on 2 July 2013
Bought this on sale in Feb and stored for sons birthday (today).Box was damaged on arrival..but thought nothing of it after looking inside and all plastics seemed fine....but on building last night i discovered the nut to hold steering wheel on was missing and all the stickers were damaged :-( absolutely gutted as i thought i could mail supplier to send out sheet of stickers..and nut...but seems contact info is unavailable :-( This will most definately make me be more cautious in future...On his birthday of all days :-( :-(
Would really be happy if my missing parts were replaced ................?????
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 February 2013
Having read both good and bad reviews, I was put off but I decided to purchase it as I knew that my friends little boy would love it.

Her husband assembled the tractor and said that it was not too difficult to build. The instructions are not brilliant quality but he was managed it successfully with no issues. Once the stickers are put on, it looks considerable more expensive than £24!! I doubt this toy will last for years to come but I wouldn't expect a toy for this price to do so.

Their little man is 2 years old so we felt he was old enough for this tractor. The description is a little confusing I know, stating suitable for children aged approximately 12 - 36 months but then detailing not suitable for children under 36 months?? He has no problems and feel it is certainly age appropriate.

His face lit up when he saw it and he was sat on it within seconds. Due to the size of tractor and trailer, it is more of a outdoor toy but can be used indoors providing the area is large enough. The trailer is brilliant for your child to load all their favourite bits and bobs. I felt the tractor offers great satisfaction to the child as they 'successful maneuver' the tractor around feeling very grown up!
on 31 January 2015
This is a great wee tractor, especially for the price I paid on offer. My one year old loves it: it's a brilliant size and he can get on and off easily by himself. Although he can't make it go very well yet his feet touch the ground no problem so I would say it will only be a matter of time before he catches on! A good tractor and trailer for a child this age who is a long way off being able to use pedals. Sturdy, looks well and easy enough to put together if you follow the instructions carefully :)
on 28 December 2010
I recommend that you leave this one of your list. From the start, this is a difficult item to construct - a hammer and some brute force are required just to put the trailer wheels on. The vague instructions provided on one side of a single piece of A4 paper look like they have been drawn on then photocopied. When I tried to fit the steering rod to the steering wheel, I discovered that there was a vitally important hole missing in the steel rod that would have allowed the wheel to be fixed correctly. After a few minutes of head scratching, I took a step back and looked on in amazement that I'd bothered to purchase such a poorly made and overpriced pile of plastic junk. It's on its way back. There a many other well made, cheaper toys out there which are less work and ultimately keep the kids happy. Look for those, not this one. I made a bad choice here, don't do the same.
on 12 September 2012
Have your drill and screw-driver at the ready as there was NO INSTRUCTIONS at all and the seat, steering wheel and some of the wheels needed to be assembled. We had to drill the screw holes as there wasn't any pre-drilled ones for the seat or wheels only the steering wheel!! (Not a big job though if you have common sense & can work a drill and screw driver, 10 minute job).
Bought this for our 18 month old son who loves tractors. He thinks this toy is brilliant, he can't un-hitch the trailer himself yet but it's very easy for an older child (4 years+) or adult to help.
The toy is sturdy and not only my 18 month old but a 4 year old can still ride it too so he's sure to get a few years out of it before he's ready for a pedal tractor!
It hasn't got much of a turning circle so in small places there is a lot of shunting back and forth and when reversing the trailer does jack-knife but hey, it's a kids toy not something for us to do farm jobs with. It's a really good buy if you can manage a bit of DIY. It wheels perfect outside on grass/tarmac/concrete was also good inside on carpet before it went outdoors, too slippery on wood flooring with the wheels been plastic they don't grip & turn so well just spin. All in all, our son loves it and I'm sure he'll have many happy hours brumming this tractor and filling the trailer with various things.

See one answered question