5.0 out of 5 stars The ORIGINAL Armstrong and Miller Channel 4 show...
Published on 13 Feb 2011 by Philip Quinton

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Added this to my order of the 1st and 2nd series of Armstrong and Miller Show ( the more recent series )as in "might take a punt"...I suppose it shows how they have improved upon, and developed their ideas. Has its moments but not a patch on the excellent ( new ) series 1. Which I find superior to series 2. But what do I know?
Published on 4 Aug 2010 by Robert Marsh

5.0 out of 5 stars The ORIGINAL Armstrong and Miller Channel 4 show..., 13 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Armstrong And Miller Show: Complete Series 4 [DVD] (DVD)
This was the series of Armstrong and Miller that I first saw back in the late 1990's and it was only because I had the outrageous good fortune to have been working for Channel Four Television at the time with access to the tape library, lots of night shifts and cratefuls of blank VHS tapes! This was obviously long before anyone could just watch everything online on 4OD and DVDs back then were still selling for £25 a pop.

The 1990's Channel 4/Paramount Comedy series is a lot edgier and more outrageous than the relatively formulaic, anodyne and (dare I say) more repetetive "Little Britain"-style sketch show it seems to have become since they moved to the BBC, and it was originally made by Absolutely Productions (if you don't know Absolutely and you love '80s/'90s British alternative comedy then you need to see it). I absolutely loved their early Channel 4/Paramount years and as glad as I am to see them back on TV I am slightly bored by the BBC series.

Anyway, my old Channel 4 VHS compilation has been missing for a while and the DVD is now cheap as chips so I've ordered a copy. I would really love to see Armstrong and Millers' earlier Channel 4/Paramount series because I don't think I've even seen any of them. The BBC have released what they call "series 1-3" as a box set but strictly speaking it should be called "series 5-7".

I really can't understand why so many people like the BBC series but hate the Channel 4 series. I suppose you like what you're used to. I personally think the Comic Strip went downhill when they moved to BBC as well but some of my mates were raving about that at the time too.

Incidentally I think BBC comedy is ace and has a rich history of old and new classics and I am not slagging off the beeb's output in general.

4.0 out of 5 stars I need to get series 1 2 3, 22 April 2010
This is very funny and a must see DVD, it contains all their well know skectches IE Naked Vets, Nasty Teachers, Camp Critics, Psychotic Policeman and lots more. It even contains a episode that was never shown on TV.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny stuff, 9 July 2007
C. Hatfield (Leafy Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is funny,but I really bought it for the sketches on the 'old age sucker-out syringe'. It just seemed to reflect the behaviour of the senior management in my own company at the time this was aired.

Luckily, there's more to this than just one sketch, but I agree with the other reviewer. The earlier series were better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Creative, but hit & miss, 23 Aug 2006
Very odd to release the 4th series first. The first series (originally shown on Paramount)

is the best in my opinion, followed by the third. The recurring sketches like "Nude Practice"

and "Force On The Case" featured here are weaker than in the previous series, so I don't really

understand why they release this first. But A & M are quite talented, and this includes some good stuff.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 4 Aug 2010
Robert Marsh (Western Australia) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny., 3 Jan 2014
Funny for those of a certain age. Great present for a middle-aged guy. If only they made more series, lovely.

5.0 out of 5 stars The one they didn't air, 11 Dec 2013
This series is a bit more racy but none the less very funny. Where they get some of the ideas from I just don't know.

4.0 out of 5 stars very very rude very very funny, 10 Oct 2012
Paul Chapman (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
Very funny and completely off-the-wall. Probably need Monty-Python or Mike Myers type sense of humour to appreciate fully. Not for those in the least bit shy or prudish! Great stuff. Difficult to take Mr Armstrong seriously in his TV game-show from now on - keep imagining him naked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic UK Comedy at its best, 1 Jan 2012
Initially bought the first three series and had to get this one as well. So glad I did. My husband and I cant help repeatedly watching these guys - most funniest skits for ages!!

5.0 out of 5 stars So many series, 23 Sep 2013
Arrived on time. Was a B day present. Difficult to make out which series contained what sketches. It could have been worded clearer. Confusion over different series really. Still enjoyed DVD, as avid fans. Price reasonable.

The Armstrong And Miller Show: Complete Series 4 [DVD]
The Armstrong And Miller Show: Complete Series 4 [DVD] by Alexander Armstrong (DVD - 2006)