Style Name: Get Rich|Change

on 10 May 2012
I saw a review on Amazon from a Mr Simmonds recommending a company call advantage online saying that they stock a British premium compatible No.343 colour cartridge that holds 21mls of ink rather than the Hp original that only holds 7mls. I was rather doubtful about this as I have tried cheaper copies of these cartridges last year and found them to be RUBBISH.
But I placed my order anyway as I'm getting fed up with paying HP's over inflated prices. The cartridges 1 black 338 and 1 colour 343 arrived the very next day (1st class post). I have only used the color so far and its just the same as the HP 343 cartridge that I replaced that was empty. I have been using it for about a week and the ink level monitor is still showing as full. THANK YOU!!!!! for the good advice.......
66 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 2009
Swift delivery of what I purchased. I will continue to purchase my printer ink in this way as it is good value.
on 7 March 2010
HP originals last longer than refills. This pair arrived without cardboard packaging to save cost. They last longer than the HP printer levels would have you believe!
on 16 February 2009
I have been relying on Amazon for several years now trying to save money on the cost of colour copying from my home computer with genuine HP INK CARTRIDGE PRODUCTS both colour with the HP 343 and black & white with the HP 337. These products are usually around £24 and £17 each which through Amazon you can save up to and over a third off the price which really helps people like me who rely on home printing with my work.
The quality of ink is however excellent and I've no qualms about this.
The quick delivery service of Amazon is also superb.
However, more recently I READ A REVIEW in the Amazon REVIEW PAGES online that has now put doubt in my mind.
A reviewer questioned about the amount of ink there actually is in these cartridges.
Obviously nothing can be proved unless I am stupid enough to prize open one to find out how full these cartridges really are.
I do in general get through at least two b&w and one colour every month but now they don't seem to last that long. I don't seem to have increased my usage, so naturally I am beginning to wonder.
Considering there is an awful amount of money made in home computing software these days. I do think it is corrupt and immoral if we as the general public are all been taken on a ride like HP. A license to print money!
DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL THE SAME?
99 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2010
I was very pleased with the competative price and excellent delivery time and the delivery being free, I always search on Amazon first.
on 28 March 2011
Having previously tried compatibles in the past - we have always returned to the Originals - they may be more pricey but they always do the job the best. Items are great - although have heard rumours that HP are not filling cartridges as full as they are advertising? So far we've not really experienced any problems with them they are lasting the same as always and this double pack is a great saving.
on 9 December 2010
These cartridges have done what they advertised,that is lasted out for the printing jobs they specified & are so much cheaper than in the shops with a next day delivery,you cannot ask for more.
on 29 June 2010
I Got 2 pack tri-col ink with postage within 2 days[over weekend] for half the cost of buying in a Store. will definitely use you again Thank you for the VERY SPEEDY DELIVERY.
on 30 January 2011
I have had my HP printer for almost 4 years now, in that time I have tried various ways, types, brands of ink cartridge. I tried refilling my own, this sometimes worked great, but about 40 percent of the time the refilling process was unsuccessful due to another colour bleeding into the other chamber thus rendering the cartridge useless (and yes I had followed the instructions EXACTLY).

I have used third party compatible cartridges. These at best did not last anywhere has long has the original HP cartridge or they simply refused to be accepted/recognised by my printer.

I also tried using a large well known worldwide company who refill cartridges. From my experience, the cartridges I got from them had a 50/50 chance they would work/be recognised when installed in my printer these. This then meant I had to travel back to the shop to get them exchanged, which isn't very convenient, I also found the cartridges rather expensive too.

In my opinion after trying all of the above methods, the original HP cartridge is the best, trouble free way of changing ink cartridges. Admittedly the HP cartridge is the most expensive, but you only get what you pay for comes to mind.

I find Amazon to be MASSIVELY cheaper than buying from most places including the high street.

The quality of these HP cartridges is simple superb, you get what you pay for don't forget. The colours are excellent, vivid and are an excellent match for the colours which you see on your computer monitor before printing out. If you can get a twin pack of colour HP ink cartridges for less than 24 pounds, then why bother using compatibles or getting your ink cartridges refilled.

I have seen and tried various other brands of printer too, Epson, Brother, but when compared to an HP printer, the Epson and the Brother were in my opinion providing less sharp printouts, graphics, text than the HP. Admittedly the Epson and the Brother have cheaper cartridges available for them than the HP, but it comes down to if you are willing to pay the extra to give you the higher print quality of the HP printer, the reason HP printers have excellent lasting print quality, is because the printhead is built into the cartridge and this is renewed every time the ink cartridge is changed, but the downside is this makes the HP cartridge more expensive.

Apologise for the long review but I wanted to provide my experience of using other cartridges/ways of refilling, so that other people would save themselves the hassle I have had.
on 3 January 2014
Dependable product and an acceptable price from Amazon. Generally finding prices of genuine ink cartridges very high I have bought many from companies specialising in refilling. Whilst black cartridges have often been satisfactory the tricolour versions have often failed to produce accurate colour. At least Amazon prices for the 2 pack makes the return to HP relatively painless.