on 18 August 2007
Bought this as a spare for my Canon Ixus 950is. Small and powerful lasting well over 200 pictures with display turned on. Good price from Amazon at the moment.
on 18 February 2008
This is a genuine Canon replacement and works for my 860is. Its the same as the battery that come with the camera. I was gona buy a generic battery such from other battery suplliers but they are generic and you can never be sure. For a start a lot of them didnt match the 1120mAH spec, but the prices were great.... until amazon dropped their price by £10. Its now one of the cheapest batteries for your camera, ontop of which its a canon one , whereas for this price elsewhere you get one which is generic and i didnt trust it in a £200+ camera. With free deliery you cant get a cheaper battery for your canon.
It comes "off the shelf" in the proper box they way you would see it as in a shop. Even has Canon genuine hologram on it.
A dodgy battery can destroy your camera and canon would not fix it under warranty as you have to use genuine parts, so this is the best buy by far!!!
Only battery i would recomend you buy!!!
on 24 June 2011
I bought this battery as a replacement / backup battery for the Canon Powershot SX220 HS so that I could have 2 for travel.
Initially, I got a no-name brand but it was DOA so after reading reviews went for this battery as the official replacement battery.

It looks identical to the original battery which comes with the camera, and seems to perform identically. They rates these batteries at ~250 shots without the flash per battery life and so far they both have lasted more than that. Recently I took about 550 photos over a weekend (fri/sat/sun), atleast 100 with flash, turning the camera on and off for each set / batch of shots and only needed to change over to the 2nd battery after almost 400 shots.

Battery came in a small plastic sleeve.
on 28 June 2013
Examined by local Canon Dealer who said it looked fake. Photographs sent to Canon UK who confirmed that the battery is counterfeit. Amazon arranged immediate refund. As a guide the local Canon dealer told me that he would have to sell the battery at just under £30 to break even. Even if he buys 100 or a pallet load from Canon the price hardly falls at all. Be warned.
on 10 January 2013
I purchased this item as a spare for my camera CanonSX220HS. As it was a spare I did not really use it until December 2012. I have now found that it will not hold its charge - it will take a dozen images then close the camera. The supplier will not take it back because more than 30 days have elapsed since the purchase. This is probably fair however £31 pounds is quite expensive for a 30 day cover. My advice is that, if you purchase, you should use the battery as your main camera battery straight away to ensure that it is not faulty. Furthermore the battery does not have the same detail written on the it as the Canon battery supplied with the camera. It is probably fine to purchase as long as you prove the battery serviceable straight away.
I have now purchased a battery from Maplin's for £12 and have used it for 2 weeks and it is fine. It also has a 2 year guarantee so you are covered for a longer period.
on 15 June 2011
Nothing worst than running out of battery power while you are out and about taking pictures, I bought this as spare for my Canon PowerShot SX210. It proved to be an essential item in my little camera case.
on 6 August 2008
Same performance as in-box battery supplied with my Canon IXUS 850IS - around 400 shots every charge.

An extra (charged)battery pack is vital accessory on long trips and tours.
on 2 October 2012
Having bought a non-Canon rechargeable battery, when I bought my camera, I was very surprised to see how quickly it needed to be recharged, compared with the Canon battery supplied with the camera. This Canon NB-5L was more expensive, but it holds the charge for much longer, and has been worth the expense. It was a waste of money buying a cheap version that was so unreliable - defeated the whole purpose of having a spare battery.
on 28 March 2013
Canon NB-5L Battery Pack

After reading negative reviews that suggests that this is not a genuine Canon battery had some misgivings. However, as it is intended as a backup battery - if the original fails suddenly - then thought I'd take the chance even if it lasted for a relatively short time - the price difference helped. Received in original Canon packaging with holographic Canon sticker and the battery looks identical to the one provided with my new Canon S110. Will be using it extensively over next few weeks and will write further if there are any issues - i.e. "No news is good news"!
on 12 November 2014
Battery arrived promptly. Checked with Canon website to make sure it was genuine. One feature differed. Canon photo showed "Made in China" and my new battery showed "Made in Japan". Canon were very helpful and confirmed that batteries may be made in China, Japan or Thailand. They said that a good hologram on the packaging is a good indicator along with price !

See one answered question