4.0 out of 5 stars Best available sounddock for iPod

2.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but lacking in sound quality
Published on 20 Mar. 2006

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Best available sounddock for iPod, 13 July 2007
This review is from: Bose Sounddock White Digital Music System (Electronics)
This iPod sounddock from Bose is brilliant. The sound it produces is absolutely astonishing. My parents have a Bose Wave CD player, and the sounddock is every bit as good as the Wave CD player. The sounddock looks good in either white or black, with my sister and I both having one in alternating colours. The quality of the sound is unbelievable, with the clarity and bass in perfect balance whether the music is playing softly in the background or blasting out at full volume. There are a couple of criticisms I have, and these are that when the volume is turned up to the very max (which you will very seldom have to do) the sound does start to get a tad distorted, and also that the remote control that comes with the sounddock does not enable you to scroll through the artists/select playlists etc., meaning that you have to make sure there is a playlist on with songs you like. Having said that, I very quickly got used to these, and are only minor niggles. I have not let these deter me from enjoying my Bose Sounddock to the extreme, and neither should you. A highly reccomended buy, and definitely worth the extre money over Apple's own version.
P.S. For best deals, buy from Bose direct, or try eBay if you dare.. =D

5.0 out of 5 stars Bose i-pod docking station, 17 Jan. 2006
D Clarke "Debs C" (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
Bought to replace a sony system in the kitchen but love it to bits and now use it all around the house! It's so small you can't believe the sound. What's so great is that my daughter replaces my nano with hers and she has her own playlist, instantly. (Nano works- you use the adapter that comes with the i-pod)One lead, no setting up and totally idiot-proof...you can't get better than that!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bose Rocks, 9 Mar. 2006
First things first: I am a music nut. All 800+ of my CDs are on my 60G Ipod, ranging from classical, to jazz, to thumping rock. My ear is good, and I can easily tell the difference between the original CD played on my Nakamuchi, and the Ipod plugged into the SoundDock. But, and here is the glory of this, the range of the SoundDock is fantastic. The output copes equally with Bob Marley (great bass for the size of the unit), Bob Dylan and Bach. The ease of set up and portability is admirable, and in all bar one room of my house (and my office) this has become THE sound system. The Altec Lansing stuff is fine for what it is, but the SoundDock is a genuine hi-fi experience, and worth every penny. This turns the Ipod from just a portable convenience to an authentic playback system. Now, if only they came in colours other than white...

4.0 out of 5 stars Brings a smile to your face, 1 Nov. 2006
The only reason this is not 5* is becasue of the price, which I feel is a little steep.

Nonetheless, sound quality - great, sure there are better dedicated sound systems but this is a sounddock and not a hifi, sound is crisp and clear and is capable of doing justice to an eclectic range of music. Plus it goes very loud without distorting.

Looks - you have an iPod so looks are important, this compliments the pod perfectly.

Ease of use - it is harder to write this review than it is to use the sounddock. Easily transferable between rooms.

If in doubt go to a shop with your iPod and test it before you purchase.

I am very happy with this and did not think it was possible to love my iPod anymore than i currently do, but it is...thank you BOSE!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars iPod Sound Revolution!, 17 Feb. 2006
I held back before buying the Bose SoundDock as I wasn't completely sure of the claims!(And used a Monster Audio cable into the AUX Output of my Hi~Fi)
I relented to find this attachment does not just enhance My iPod-But has changed my whole perception of playing my iPod through Bose's SoundDock speaker system!
The sound output has Clarity! Punch! It really is Awesome!
It sounded better when lifted to eye-level, and manged the Power Output superbly!
The Carry case and Remote Control are an added Bonus(Depending on where you purchase from).
My Only wish is for Bose to have incorparated a SIRIUS Satellite or DAB Radio-and turned this into a System with True Jaw-dropping facilities!
Overall this Item is a Must for Travel and the Home !
Well Done Bose! Yet another 1st Class Product with 1st Class Looks,Style and Audio 'WOW Factor'

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Aug. 2007
D. J. CROZIER (St Albans, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bose Sounddock White Digital Music System (Electronics)
Wasn't sure about this at first - it seems a lot to pay for what looks in pictures like a white box with a speaker on the front. But wow! What a fantastic sound. I've had mine for a year or more and couldn't live without it now. Yes it's a mite expensive. But it's absolutely worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 5 Oct. 2006
Wow! How does such a small piece of equipment produce such great sounds! The clarity and quality of sound is unbelievable seriously good.

I highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but lacking in sound quality, 20 Mar. 2006
By A Customer
I originally listened to the Bose sound dock in an Bose outlet and was very impressed from what i heard. Bass was deep and rich and vocals were clear. However, i took my Ipod into another shop which had the Bose, Monito Audio - I-deck and Apple's own hi-fi. I soon realised that the Bose lacked clarity when trying a larger selection of music on it. Razor lights, up all night track sounded muffled and the bass distorted. I played the same track on all three systems and Monitor Audio's I-deck sounded by far the best. It was also £50 cheaper than the Bose and Apple, sounded much better and had two detachable speakers.
My advice to anyone looking to buy an speaker system for their ipod is to go for the Monitor Audio I-deck which is also What Hi-Fi's 2005 product of the year. It is a much more versitille product offering an auxiallry audio input as well. The Bose is over priced and doesnt live up to expectations. Make sure you take your own music in to listen on which ever one you intend to buy as well. The Bose does look nice and is more compact but has a lot less connectivity options and doesnt perform as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was a dit dubious at first, 23 Oct. 2006
but now, love it, love it .. love it!!!! If you're looking to replace your CDs playing on a good quality stereo then this IS NOT IT. However if you want the ease and convenience of playing your iPoD with great sound quality, you can't do better. I have all my CDs ripped at 320bps and the sound from this unit is superb. I am a complete audio snob, but I have no hesitation in recommending this great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality as you would expect from BOSE!, 27 Jan. 2007
Sunil (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I had my doubts about buying this given the mixed reviews I had read on-line. I went to John Lewis to check out the sound, but it's difficult given all the surrounding noise. Eventually I bought it anyway and WOW - the sound is great!

- The remote is very basic (volume up/down, skip song back/fwd and on/off) but it does the job.

- The speakers have no sound settings but obviously you can use the equaliser settings on your ipod.

+ Easy to move around the house

+ Really great sound quality (I really don't understand other people's complaints)

+ Looks good (especially in black)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›