4.0 out of 5 stars Never mind the kids.....me and the husband love it!!!
Published on 24 Nov. 2006 by Jayne Holford

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor :-(
Very poor quality, the first time watching the dvd it was jumping and/or pausing!!! Very VERY disappointed :-( and don't think I would order a dvd from there again. Not the first time this has happened either!!!
Published on 19 Dec. 2011 by Fifi1983

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Never mind the kids.....me and the husband love it!!!, 24 Nov. 2006
Jayne Holford (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LazyTown - Welcome to LazyTown [DVD] (DVD)
My daughter loves LazyTown (she's 3 years old) and now my husband and myself have been converted!!!The show is bright, entertaining, funny with slapstick humour and even some "in" jokes for the adults. The catchy songs on the europop soundtrack will stick in your head and you'll find yourself singing them at the most embarrassing of moments ,my husband knows every word to the "Pirate Song" and has even burst into a version of it in the pub (humiliating!!!!)There are very few programs or films that a family with young children can sit and watch together!!! This is definately one of them, we all enjoy the show and my husband and I find Robbie Rotten hilarious, and think he is one of the most entertaining characters on TV. So all in all a big THUMBS UP from the Holford household. Only disappointment is there should be more episodes on the disc....oh well we'll just have to wait for "Lazytown-Complete season One Boxset"......How sad are we???

5.0 out of 5 stars Bing Bang Mark One!, 9 Jun. 2007
AMG - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: LazyTown - Welcome to LazyTown [DVD] (DVD)
This is the 1st LazyTown DVD to be released on a region 2 format.

The 5 episodes on this DVD are from the shows first season:

1. WELCOME TO LAZYTOWN.
The pilot episode of this worldwide smash hit show.
2. SPORTS DAY.
The Lazy Towners compete in a super race - skateboarding, cycling, running, they do it all!
3. ROTTENBEARD
Robbie Rotten dons a pirate costume and takes the LazyTown kids on a treasure hunt.
4. DEFEETED.
Robbie Rotten tricks Sportacus into a pair of remote controlled shoes; can Sportacus defeat his own 2 feet?
5. DR ROTTENSTEIN.
LazyTown comes down with a case of Spotty Vegetitus, and only Sportacus and Ziggy will be able to put things right.

The special features on this DVD are: a sing-a-long to BING BANG, and INTRODUCING.
INTRODUCING features Robbie Rotten, Sportacus and Stephanie, and 3 miscellaneous pieces of film and info relating to them:

ROBBIE ROTTEN:

STEPHANIE:
1. Stephanie says.
2. I feel like dancing.
3. I feel like singing.

I love this show, because it inspired me to loose weight, who knows......... maybe it will inspire you too!

Utterly fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't mind watching this with your kids..., 19 Sept. 2006
Janet Mcnamara "Janet" (Leigh-on-Sea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LazyTown - Welcome to LazyTown [DVD] (DVD)
At first glance Lazytown appears to be some hideous hybrid of Icelandic Europop and puppets that look like they were made by the Spitting Image team. Once you've forced yourself to sit through an entire episode you'll realise that it's actually quite funny, well written and has a serious message about exercise and healthy eating. OK, so the pop songs are cheesy and stay in your brain all day but you won't feel guilty letting your kids watch this because they'll be up and dancing/singing along or running around. The star is a superhero called Sportacus (played by musclebound Magnus Scheving who is apparently Iceland's very own version of Arnie - world aerobics champion, v successful businessman, entertainer etc). Sportacus lives in a funky airship, eats lots of fruit and veg which he calls "sports candy" and generally saves the day while performing all manner of physical feats. The baddie is Robbie Rotten who hates children playing outside because they make too much noise. There's a lot of humor aimed at parents and something awful happens to Robbie Rotten at the end of each episode which is usually very funny - think roadrunner but less violent. Basically this is quite different from any other kids show that's on and well worth a look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this now - improve your child's life!, 10 Oct. 2006
This review is from: LazyTown - Welcome to LazyTown [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is entertaining, exciting, colourful, energetic and just what my kids have been waiting for. They love watching something that makes them laugh and gets them excited.

I love it because they really get into the shows and then want to go out and do exercise by playing as Sportacus. And there are many other benefits as they love "Sports Candy" - fruit!

Buy this DVD to entertain your kids while they learn to love exercise and healthy eating - genius!

5.0 out of 5 stars good alternative to the news, 29 Oct. 2009
This review is from: LazyTown - Welcome to LazyTown [DVD] (DVD)
I used to listen to the news over breakfast and get a bit depressed. Now at her request I watch Lazy Town with my daughter and we laugh, marvel and sing along, truly waking up and raising our spirits in the process. I love these dvds and recommend them to the young at heart of all ages. A much better start to the day than the BBC.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Welcome to Lazytown', 30 Jan. 2012
F Milne (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LazyTown - Welcome to LazyTown [DVD] (DVD)
My 3 year old son loves this DVD as does my 6 year old daughter, who has asked me to give her bananas for snack everyday this week after watching it. Very good at promoting healthy eating!. The Pirate episode is a favourite.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor :-(, 19 Dec. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars great dvd, 14 May 2013
This review is from: LazyTown - Welcome to LazyTown [DVD] (DVD)
my youngest grandson likes this dvd. he watches over and over again. he likes to try an jump. when the actors are do gymnastic parts in the film. it is a busy energetic dvd. that captures his attention

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 9 Oct. 2011
This review is from: LazyTown - Welcome to LazyTown [DVD] (DVD)
Great value DVD for Lazytown Fans. My son watches them all over and over again and loves to copy Sportacus. Arrived very prompt and in perfect condition. Woudl reccomend to all Lazytown fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for 2-3 yr olds, 6 Jun. 2009
This review is from: LazyTown - Welcome to LazyTown [DVD] (DVD)
My daughter can't seem to get enough. Exciting characters that get her off the floor and dancing make it fun for her to watch--and fun for parents to watch her!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›