Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 6 April 2011
I wish I had watched this film earlier. I've never been a huge fan of 80's teen movies and so passed this over as another of the 'Brat Pack' type films that were all the rage at that time but I was very wrong.

Beautifully filmed with vibrant colours and great acting especially from Christian Slater who reminded me of a young Jack Nicholson in this role this is a very dark comedy with a very serious message.

Yes it is a little 'over the top' sometimes (but I think that adds to the film) and it could now be seen as dated (especially looking at the fashions worn) this still carries the same message in 2011 as it did in the 80's.

Perhaps it resonated with me more because, although my dreary UK school in the late 70's and early 80's looked nothing like this, I was badly bullied and was a bit of an outsider.

The film does run out of steam a little at the end and doesn't quite deliver the finale you want but I was still suitably impressed. Definitely worth it.
VINE VOICEon 23 October 2006
Veronica (Winona Ryder) wants to be associated with the most powerful clique in school called The Heathers; however she is persuaded that there are more fun ways to get ahead by a mysterious young man JD (Christian Slater) who helps even the odds; JD's methods of culling the pack may be a tad extreme but not by today's standards.

Winona, who plays Veronica, says this is a comedy about a serious matter. And she is probably correct. However I was watching the surface action and it did not take the time to think about any underlying meanings. I had no idea that Moby Dick does not contain the word "Eskimo." I was surprised as the different events took shape and can see myself in that situation. I had fun watching this movie.

I did not relate this film, to my high-school days; as with C rations. C Rations before 1955 contained only one box meal with fruit. That was the ham and Lima beans box. During high school and 60's, we were lucky to have one "Heather" to a class. Now in the time of MRE's (meal ready to eat), Heathers abound in the class room. This requires the JD's of the world to once again bringing natural balance the high-school society by eliminating excess Heathers.

Bring your popcorn and beware of what you drink.
on 3 August 2005
Heathers is a film about cliques and physcos and perfects the style of extreme teen film. The story begins by watching how the evil clique of 3 girls all called Heather control and hurt the population of Westerburg High.
Veronica Sawer is a special member of this group of girls and is hating every second. But a new guy who goes by the name of JD is willing and ready to make Veronica free of this clique.
He has a way with words, women and guns.And uses his very unique talents to rid not only Veronica but the world of the warth of the Heathers.
The film uses lots of levels to potray high school in a way that just blows you away. It's very very!!!
Heathers has an impressive tone tha goes from bright to dark in seconds and has a funny and vibrant script that uses dark and sick ideas to create a masterpiece.
A must-see film that will knock you out in more was than one no matter how many times you watch it!!!! Say greetings and salutations to the best teen film in the history of cinema!!!
on 21 May 2014
Wonderful, genuinely brilliant black comedy with career best performances from a never been better Winona Ryder and Christian Slater sparking off of each other like the Fourth of July / bonfire night. Also great here is Shannen Doherty in a fabulously bitchy role. Granted this film is not for everyone but if you want to appreciate a good film - watch this.
on 2 March 2005
After hearing rave reviews about this film I decided to get myself a copy.Its always been mentioned in the list of great 80's teen movies so being a fan of those films I decided to see what all the fuss was about.This is definitely one of the best of the genre and blows all the rest away (literally!).After watching it I was completely hooked because everything in it is brilliant from the acting to the dark humour.No other film that I have seen has dealt with such controversial yet real issues (teen suicide) but yet manage to stay so damn funny and not cross the line into bad taste.What else can I say about this film its edgy,funny,satirical, great to watch and never looses interest.However not for everyone as you need to have a slightly twisted and dark sense of humour to really understand it.Great 80's movie!
on 7 June 2013
Without giving too much away this has some great black humour and makes a change from your run of the mill high school movie. If you're a Winona Ryder fan especially, pick this up!
on 24 May 2014
I recently saw the wildly inferior Mean Girls, which owes everything to Heathers. I grew up on all those John Hughes films from the 80's and although I still love some of them, this much darker teen high school comedy has stood the test of time well. I also recommend Election for those who enjoy this.
on 15 July 2010
2 words for you.... christian slater!
he is beautiful in it!
the film is just amazing
if you havent seen this film then your life is unfufilled!!!!
on 14 January 2014
The case was in better condition than I expected when I read "water damaged" it just looked a little aged and the DVD played perfectly
on 18 October 2010
Although product was pre-owned,it was in very good condition and at a great price.
Delivery very quick.Good seller will use again.