5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute godsend!
My (now 6 month old) son did not sleep during the day, and was never able to self settle. I ordered the sleep sheep in desperation and literally our sleep problems resolved.

Published on 9 Dec. 2011 by Mrs Edwards

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, but not the best value for money
Published 21 months ago by SBno1

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute godsend!, 9 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Cloud B Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)

With the ocean sounds playing he self settled and slept better ... now has two naps during the day & generally sleeps well at night. If he stirs in the night I sneak in and put the sheep on again and he drifts back off to sleep.

I have already recommended this to a friend who has found it to be as amazing!
Beware though, whale song is a little bit creepy in the dead of night!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable! (and comes complete with traffic sounds!), 30 Jun. 2013
Miss "crazyminx" (Coventry) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This little sheep is utterly adorable. He's made of super-soft material that makes you want to cuddle him immediately, and his little sleepy face is so cute. His velour feet and the insides of his ears just beg to be touched as well. He has a useful velcro strap at the back of his neck which allows him to be fixed on to a cot or buggy.

The sheep comes with a battery-operated sound pack that is inserted in his back, in a way which leaves all the buttons and the volume wheel easily accessible without having to open up any zips or tabs. There are four sound options, my favourite of which is the rain which sounds very soothing and peaceful. The heartbeat should work well to remind baby of being inside the womb too. However I did find that the ocean sound reminded me a lot of heavy traffic whizzing by on the motorway, and the whale sound reminded me of the same traffic, but with added sirens! Not the most relaxing. It would be nice to have a more gentle ocean sound, and also perhaps a fifth sound with a tune or lullaby.

You can set the sound to continue for a certain length of time, which is a nice touch as it means you can leave baby alone with the toy and not worry about the sound finishing too quickly, or going on too long and wasting the battery. You can choose either 23 or 45 minutes. The volume wheel is also a good idea as it lets you have a very quiet sound for babies with sensitive hearing, or quite a loud sound if you have chosen to fix the sheep to the other end of the cot, or if you want to drown out noises from outside the room.

I would definitely recommend this as a lovely cuddly toy for the daytime (with the pack removed) and a good sleep aid at nighttime, but I do think they could refine the sounds a little.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is Good, 29 Jun. 2013
Susman "Susman" (London Mills IL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this item for our one month old niece, who has been having little bit of difficulty settling down to sleep. The unit seems well made and ultra-soft to the touch, although at present it sits outside the crib, as we do not smother her with this rather large `doll'. It would have been nice if the unit came with a few more sounds, or nicely themed baby music, that said baby seems to like most of the settings, a small note of caution you have get the volume just right, as babies and infants have very sensitive hearing. The Cloud B Sleep Sheep has only been with us for short while, if anything else transpires this review will be updated, for the time being we feel this item well deserving of a good four stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, but not the best value for money, 22 July 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The sheep is a nice size, made from a very soft fabric and stuffed with enough material to keep the shape whilst not feeling too firm. This isn't a toy made to be played with, but even so there are no plastic eyes to break off or other small parts. As an additional safety feature (as I see it) there is a Velcro loop so that the sheep can be strapped up out of the way when in the cot.

The sound box is packed into the back of the sheep with a Velcro tab to hold it in. It isn't the type where the box gets zipped up out of the way, the volume, timer and switches are all within easy reach. The box itself has a very cheap feel to it, but it seems sturdy enough and should last a few hand-me-down uses.

The volume control is the on/off switch and is easy enough to turn. The timer is a simple slide switch to give 23 mins (yes it is a bit odd!) and 45 mins of run time. Switching sounds is just a matter of pressing one of 4 buttons. The text on the plastic isn't particularly easy to read, but there is little that you really need to see.

The sounds are a bit odd. The heat beat isn't the typical lub-dub with a whoosh noise to it that I was expecting, more like a monotone luuub luuub like an alarm clock! The rain sounded a bit like something sizzling in a frying pan, but I could make out that it was rain. The whale sound was a bit eerie, with the ocean sound about the best.

I guess it isn't so much about the actual sound, but more about the white noise helping the baby relax. Well, I can't say it made a noticeable difference i.e. my baby slept no differently with the sheep or without - maybe we are just lucky with a baby that settles and sleeps well.

I am not poo-pooing the sheep. On the contrary, I find sounds such as these to be relaxing, so I would say give it a go if you have a baby that is having trouble settling down at night. Though I would say that the current price is a bit off-putting, maybe under 20GBP and it would attract another star from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful little sheepy, 29 Jun. 2013
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This little cutie has proven to be a godsend.

It has 4 sound settings (each with a suggested result):

- mother's heartbeat (sleep)
- spring showers (calm)
- ocean waves (sleep)
- whale song (relax)

"Spring showers" had a side effect of its own producing the necessity for a change of soggy nappy, and "whale song" seemed to confuse rather than relax and would probably be better for toddlers rather than babies. "Mother's heartbeat" ... well, if I was the mother in question I would be heading for the hospital as a heart beats more times a minute than the simulation does. "Ocean waves" at low volume seems to work the best BUT it may not be the one best suited to every child.

There is a timer where you can choose between 23 minutes or 45 minutes playing time for the sound of your choice, and there is also (thankfully) a volume control. I would hate to think that it would be stuck on full volume!

We started to use it as a cuddle teddy and introduced the sounds in the background with the night time bath and feed so that the sound would be associated with us and settle the child if it started to grizzle after we left the room - and it seems to have worked. Admittedly it's take a while.

"Sleep Sheep" or as he is called "sheep sheep" is lovely and soft, in fact he almost demands a cuddle.

The sound box (which is removable) runs on 2 AA batteries.

The instruction booklet comes with a story about our little sheepish friend which you could read to your child.

Overall I am delighted with the "sleep sheep" he is a welcome addition to the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Crying Babies, 9 July 2013
North of England Way (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must admit that I was sceptical at first about the idea of a cuddly sheep that will lure my child to sleep with white noise. But after a couple of weeks of using this now, I must concede that I don't know how we lived without this for the first 6 weeks of our son's life. This is one of the best things we have purchased for our newborn, and that really is no exaggeration.

Our little man is a cryer, he has been since birth, and settling him to sleep, no matter what time of day, can be a big drama. He would sometimes cry for over an hour or more before settling to sleep - which could be very upsetting.
The 'Sleep Sheep' has completely changed all of this. Now we wait until we see all the signs that he is tired, we rock him off to sleep, and settle him down with his 'Sleep Sheep'. Sometimes it can take a couple of attempts to get him off, but the white noise has been the process so much quicker, as he clearly feels much more relaxed, and he often reaches out to touch the sheep, so he also likes to interact with his new friend. It has transformed bedtime, and works brilliantly at any time of day when he is fighting sleep.
We have had most success with the 'whale noise' and 'rain' settings, and mainly set it on 40+ minutes as this gives the little man a much greater window go go off to sleep.

I cannot recommend this more highly, I just wish we had bought one sooner!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every parents dream, 6 July 2013
Katharine Kirby "Kate" (HELSTON, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sleep Sheep can have two distinct lives; one usefully spent calming and soothing baby when first born and later on, with sound box removed, returning as a dear soft cuddly toy to comfort and cuddle.

Yes, batteries are included; the rectangular sound box has clear buttons - press each for Heartbeat, Rain, Ocean and Whale. They are surprisingly realistic. Big brother looked out of the window (we live by the water) convinced a Whale had come to call. There is a timer, settings for 23/45 mins to choose from. This slips into the back of the toy, which is then tidily closed with Velcro, leaving the volume and controls easily accessible.

With his eyes firmly shut the intention is clear - Sleepy Sheep is tired and ready for bed. His plush hooves are softly relaxed, the Velcro holds him steady to the cot or his smaller brother for the pushchair. I am Cloud B Sleep Sheep he will become a firm favourite. I have several grandchildren and one more on the way so he has his work cut out.

I loved the instruction booklet which is beautifully produced, including a dear little illustrated poem to read before bedtime.

If he is the hit he deserves to be, he has friends who would also like to come along and help. They are mimicking Monkey, and Turtle nightlights. Nurseries everywhere will welcome them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, safe, useful and visually appealing, 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Cloud B Sleep Sheep (Baby Product)
This sleep sheep was an absolute must for the first couple years for my son. He was soothed so well from the white noise this would generate that he could barely fall asleep without it. We would put him to sleep, press his favorite sound (the stream) and it would play for about 45 minutes to be sure he was in a deep sleep. The sheep itself is soft, safe for him, useful and visually appealing as well. This put him to sleep much better than anything else and I am glad we had this

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly brilliant, 25 July 2013
Mr. M. A. Quinn (MANCHESTER) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I read about this I wasn't convinced. I expected some awful teddy and some sound device with rubbish audio. When it arrived I still wasn't impressed. It was much larger than expected and the sound box looked a little clunky and 80s beige. However as soon as you turn the sounds on you get it! The ocean sound effect is amazing and my 4 year old and 7 year old constantly fight over this, baby doesn't even get a look in. It really does knock them out as well, my kids can be a pain to get to sleep but with this this are down in minutes.

The sheep is lovely and soft and very huggable, the audio box is big and chunky with no sharp bits though it doesn't sit in the sheep as much as it should. The audio has volume and 4 settings, rain, ocean, whale and heartbeat. Rain and Ocean are the only ones worth a mention though my 4 yr old finds heart beat fascinating. Sleep timers set at 23 and 40 something minutes, weird times but set at 23 and you should be fine.

Overall a strangely fun and heart warming teddy, just the sticky out box keeping it from that 5th star.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift for a newborn baby, 1 Aug. 2013
S. A. Broadhurst "SBroadhurst" (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A lovely soft sheep toy which is programmed with a number of different sounds, chosen to assist in getting young babies back to sleep with minimum contact from parents. It is in neutral colours and is therefore suitable for both boys and girls and will suit any nursery decor.

My first impressions of this product was that it is well made, very soft touch and child friendly. There are Velcro straps on the back to enable the toy to be attached to a cotside, out of reach of children.
The choice of sounds are relaxing and there are sure to be a sound that every child likes. The toy has a sensor which means the sound will restart when the child makes a noise - this is great as an adult does not need to go to the cot/basket when the child reawakens. There is also a timer which automatically shuts off the sound.
The removable sound box makes it easy to wash and clean. The removable sound box also means that when the child is too old for the relaxing sounds it can still be used as a cuddly toy.

It is a great idea for a present for a newborn baby.

Cloud B Sleep Sheep