on 19 July 2011
I grew up in the classic age of 60's and 70's children's shows.SUCH wonderful shows that aren't even close to today's animation.
Maybe that is WHY there is such a nostagia about them,which is certainly where this collection falls into.
I was THRILLED beyond pieces to see the original Mr.Men of the UK released on DVD in this set.
While from the USA I must say that the UK does children's shows a million times better than USA from production to releasing them on DVD.
The UK doesn't make JUNK children's shows especially from the 70's/early 80's era!
While this isn't every episode made(there was an additional 104 episodes released in 1995)this is a wonderful collection of the original Roger Hargreaves Mr.Men that started in the mid 70's AND the Little Miss from the early 80's.
I was pleasantly surprised that the Little Miss was just as captivating as the Mr.Men!
I also liked that the Mr.Men was on one DVD and Little Miss on another.
NOT displeased over these DVD'S in the least.Makes me smile and happy to watch them with my son who didn't know Mr.Men and Little Miss until now.AND THANKFUL that they are on DVD to keep and watch!
NON UK PEOPLE PLEASE NOTE: OK just make sure you have a REGION FREE DVD player.
Alot of people want to blast the DVD because it "won't play" in USA....well READ the format that MOST UK children's shows ARE PAL(Region 2) and WON'T play in just any player.
We purchased a region free player 2 years ago so we could build a Region 2 collection of children's shows.
GLAD to add this Mr.Men/Little Miss to our collection.
ALSO check out PADDINGTON BEAR original 56 episodes(Film Fair-NOT the Time Life animation),The WOMBLES,PARSLEY the LION,MAGIC ROUNDABOUT,GRAN,POSTMAN PAT,BERTHA on DVD!
on 11 May 2011
Bought for a toddler these were perfect for keeping her entertained after I'd been forced to read Mr Tickle 2 weeks in a row. It also complements the collection of books quite well as only half the stories are narrated, less of the Little Miss ones. My only gripe is that occasionally you can't move through the menus and you have to load up the DVD again. But as for content it's perfect and the picture quality has that late-70s\early-80s feel to it which adds a bit of nostalgia.
on 30 March 2010
Great to have all these together, classics

Just one thing... Little miss Sunshine I believe is missing about 15 seconds of speech! Apart from this it is great, much loved by my kids!
on 20 February 2015
My 2.7 and 4.4 year old boys love this DVD. My younger boy loves Mr Bump. Having the Little Miss is a bonus to. To have the originals all in one package is great. I love that my kids can watch the same TV program I watched when I was the same age.
on 29 September 2014
My children love these.
Bought with fond memories from my childhood they have a style which has aged well.
Narration by Arthur Lowe is worth the purchase price alone.
"Don't tell him your name Mr Messy" !
on 27 December 2015
Delivery took a while and received slightly different item to that advertised, however, it was such an amazing price and good quality disc that I'm very happy. More importantly so is my 5 year old who is Mr Men crazy at the moment.
on 30 December 2010
I find this original series far superior than the modern day cartoons bearing the same name.

They have transferred well on to DVD showing in full screen. Arthur Lowe was an excellent narrator and for me the stories have a greater substance than most contemporary cartoon offerings.
on 1 April 2008
I had a baby in 2007 and decided it would be a good idea after reading him a few of my Mr Men and Little Miss books I had as a child to get this DVD box set (great value for £6) along with his own collection of the Mr Men books old and new.
The dvds arrived and I could not waite to watch them as being as I'm in my late 20's I remember the cartoons myself. Well they really teach you a great deal. From nervousness, worrying, happyness, being to greedy, messyness, neatness, being trouble I could go on. Basically this set of short cartoons have some kind of morals to them. Better than the awful rubbishy kids tv programmes from the likes of America, China and other countries.
Where are more delight's such as the original Postman Pat series, Pigeon Street and Green Clause that you don't seem to beable to get on DVD format. Come on manufactures in the UK buy these series up and get them on DVD asap. I'd be greatful and I'm sure other's would be too!
on 12 July 2009
My little girl loves this Mr men dvd, excellent buy, rmeinds me of my childhood with all the old Mr ans Miss characters.
Many Thanx
on 30 August 2015
The DVD arrived in excellent condition - good as new. Great price & very speedy delivery. What more can you ask for ?!!
I bought them as a birthday present for my niece and she loved them...!!