4.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Men DVDs
Published on 11 May 2011 by Kevin Lawlor

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay not what I was expecting!!!
I purchased this DVD set for my son who is really into the Mr Men books. I thought this set would be a good addition to his books, however when the DVD arrived I did not realise that the collection featured in the DVD is of the old Mr Men series from the 70's? The new characters in the books are somewhat different to the old ones featured in the DVD, and my son found this...
Published on 1 Feb 2010 by Afsaruddin Hasib

4.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Men DVDs, 11 May 2011
Kevin Lawlor - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr Men & Little Miss - 40th Anniversary Collectors Edition [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
Bought for a toddler these were perfect for keeping her entertained after I'd been forced to read Mr Tickle 2 weeks in a row. It also complements the collection of books quite well as only half the stories are narrated, less of the Little Miss ones. My only gripe is that occasionally you can't move through the menus and you have to load up the DVD again. But as for content it's perfect and the picture quality has that late-70s\early-80s feel to it which adds a bit of nostalgia.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mr Men and Little Miss, 30 Mar 2010
Great to have all these together, classics

Just one thing... Little miss Sunshine I believe is missing about 15 seconds of speech! Apart from this it is great, much loved by my kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely a MUST have!, 19 July 2011
Nancy Drew "Nancy A." (Wonderful scenic Ozarks!) - See all my reviews
I grew up in the classic age of 60's and 70's children's shows.SUCH wonderful shows that aren't even close to today's animation.
Maybe that is WHY there is such a nostagia about them,which is certainly where this collection falls into.
I was THRILLED beyond pieces to see the original Mr.Men of the UK released on DVD in this set.
While from the USA I must say that the UK does children's shows a million times better than USA from production to releasing them on DVD.
The UK doesn't make JUNK children's shows especially from the 70's/early 80's era!
While this isn't every episode made(there was an additional 104 episodes released in 1995)this is a wonderful collection of the original Roger Hargreaves Mr.Men that started in the mid 70's AND the Little Miss from the early 80's.
I was pleasantly surprised that the Little Miss was just as captivating as the Mr.Men!
I also liked that the Mr.Men was on one DVD and Little Miss on another.
NOT displeased over these DVD'S in the least.Makes me smile and happy to watch them with my son who didn't know Mr.Men and Little Miss until now.AND THANKFUL that they are on DVD to keep and watch!
NON UK PEOPLE PLEASE NOTE: OK just make sure you have a REGION FREE DVD player.
Alot of people want to blast the DVD because it "won't play" in USA....well READ the format that MOST UK children's shows ARE PAL(Region 2) and WON'T play in just any player.
We purchased a region free player 2 years ago so we could build a Region 2 collection of children's shows.
GLAD to add this Mr.Men/Little Miss to our collection.
ALSO check out PADDINGTON BEAR original 56 episodes(Film Fair-NOT the Time Life animation),The WOMBLES,PARSLEY the LION,MAGIC ROUNDABOUT,GRAN,POSTMAN PAT,BERTHA on DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to hear "Captain Mainwaring" again!, 30 Dec 2010
I find this original series far superior than the modern day cartoons bearing the same name.

They have transferred well on to DVD showing in full screen. Arthur Lowe was an excellent narrator and for me the stories have a greater substance than most contemporary cartoon offerings.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 13 Jun 2014
What can I say....its the Mr. Men. Good quality and lots of fun.If you are looking for something to keep them occupied whilst instilling good old fashioned values then this is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy for small children, 30 April 2014
Bit hit with my 3 year old, we have the books at home so nice he can now watch the original programmes (some if which I can remember from childhood)
Was recommended to us by a relative

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRICE, 10 Jun 2013
GREAT PRODUCT, PERFECT FOR MY 1 YEAR LITTLE DAUGHTER AND US. A GOOD OPTION FOR LEARN ENGLISH. A VERY GOOT PRICE.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mr Happy!, 8 Mar 2013
Despite the fact that the sound quality isn't great on the Mr Men DVD, my son loves this. The new Mr Men are not a patch on the old ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS, 29 Sep 2014
My children love these.
Bought with fond memories from my childhood they have a style which has aged well.
Narration by Arthur Lowe is worth the purchase price alone.
"Don't tell him your name Mr Messy" !

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant purchase, 12 July 2009
Ms. Nm Mcgowan (UK) - See all my reviews
My little girl loves this Mr men dvd, excellent buy, rmeinds me of my childhood with all the old Mr ans Miss characters.
Many Thanx