5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Tidegraph
Published on 13 Jun 2011 by Welshman

3.0 out of 5 stars The watch is described as a tide watch
Sadly the tide display is not as clear as I would like and is not the main feature of the watch. It is not a clear and easily read feature.

Having bought the watch I have ever since been bombarded almost daily with email ads inviting me to buy any number of watches. I GOT ONE. I DONT WANT OR NEED ANOTHER!

I may block amazon as a result!
Published 6 months ago by Bernard Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Tidegraph, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: Casio Men's Digital Casual Tide Graph Sports Watch W753D-1AV (Watch)
This watch looks good and is ideal for every day use. As a boat owner and fisherman I find the moon phase predictor and Tide graph invaluable and easy to use. This watch also has an internal compass which can be programmed to help you find your way home from any offshore mark in the world! This is my third watch however, as the strap tends to fail when the watch has suffered a 'pull'. The soft plastic pin holders are not quite man enough for the job. So saying, I like it enough to try a third time! A great watch for boaters!!

3.0 out of 5 stars The watch is described as a tide watch, 28 Feb 2014

I may block amazon as a result!

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio watch review, 11 July 2014
Nice looking watch. Not sure if the tide graph part is working properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice watch, 7 Feb 2014
Bought this watch for my brother in law who really likes the fit and finish. Cool watch and ultra light case. Will not suit for one looking for tough and hard case.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, 28 Aug 2013
superb little watc, great value for under 20. I wanted a good clear watch for timekeeping my foorball training, this watch hits the mark, very confortable and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars good watch, 19 May 2013
very light easy to use very good value, not enough adjustment on the strap for small rists. good day watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be just about fit for purpose, 14 Jan 2013
David Clark (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch because I needed a tide indicator and the previous Casio model I had for this purpose broke its resin strap after about 2 years - I should have heeded its reviewers! The metal strap on my new watch seems much more robust but is very long. To get it to fit, I will need to get a link or two removed.
The tide graph is small and difficult to see in anything but bright light. Even the watch's own illuminator doesn't help much. As for the accuracy of the graph, it often appears to be at least one "2 hour bar" out! And yes, I have checked and rechecked my longitude, time zone and lunitidal interval!
The direction indicator is an interesting function, but only works if you can see the sun. However, for roughly two days after I set the watch up, it was 180 degrees out - then all of a sudden it got its act together and swapped round to the correct orientation. And no, it wasn't the nut on the end of the strap that was causing the problem!
I can't comment on the watch's durability as I've only just bought it, but provided it lasts longer than my first one, I think I probably would recommend it to friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, 16 May 2012
I bought this watch when I started working in public transport. Has a lot of features I will never use, such as high tide and full moon. But it is light, easy to see, the automatic light funtion is particulary good.
overall very satisfied.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really just a standard watch with a few poorly implemented tricks., 2 Aug 2011
Peter Taylor (London UK) - See all my reviews
This watch has some good features which are spoiled by poor interface design and lack of proper implementaion.
The compass features measures the sun azimuth depending on your longitude so you wont be using it to find your way out of the jungle at night. Also there is no way to input latitude so it is hopelessly inaccurate exept at noon. Tide functions are similarly hampered. The compass bearing markings on the face are tiny and are interupted by the huge light switch.
The alarm - snooze - hourly time signal features are also spoiled by the even tinier on-off pips above the tide graph. With reading glasses, a powerful magnifying glass and strong desk light at just the right angle I was just able to see if each alarm (5 in all) was on or off, without optical aids - impossible.

The photo image shown above is completely misleading and the moon phase and tide graph are also very difficult to see. They appear behind a black printed screen which casts shadows and makes the display almost invisible.
Elsewhere the watch has all the usual casio features.- Dual time mode, stopwatch, countdown etc. and I didn't find the night light as bad as one reviewer suggests and to be fair its not at all expensive as a standard watch and looks quite good.

If this watch had a simple circular face with larger numbers and an easy to read tide graph and a way to input latitude it would have actually been quite useful. As it is it's obviously designed to look complicated and sexy in the shop window, like so many technical watches, but is not designed for ease of use and utility so I can only give 2 stars. Casio make some good products but need to take their design and implementation a lot more seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good kit - great service., 25 Aug 2014
Eccellent with easy to adjudt wrist band, Very quick service.