on 25 March 2008
Rayman Raving Rabbids is one of those games that does not tell you anything and will not convince you to purchase it just by the cover. I first played this game at a friends' house with 3 other people. There are hundreds of multiplayer games, all of which can be played with 4 people (and using control + nunchuck which is not common).

This game, alongside Wario Smooth Moves (read my review on this game) is the most enjoyable multiplayer game you can have for 4 players (I'll cheekily included wii sports, tennis on that list). The games you play involve these white, hyperactive, delirious, rabid rabbits where, most of the time, you have to hit them or throw them around. The reactions you get from these little bunnies are unbelievably funny and will make you crack up EVERY TIME.

Another laugh-out-loud factor is the energy the players must put into the minigame in order to win it. One of the games that I prefer involves using the nunchuck as a hammer and the remote as a pointer and you have to smash your bunny's head as many times as you can in a given time (30 seconds I think it was). When the time is up, each of the bunnies start growing a massive lump on the heads from the hits you've given them with the hammer, and whoever's bunny has the biggest lump wins!!! (LOL!!) The funny bit is seeing your friends trying to hold a steady pose whilst aiming at their bunny's head with the remote whilst making the "hammering" gesture with the nunchuck as fast as they can - the winner tends to be the person who can restrain from cracking up as it is actually quite tricky to hit the bunny on the head!

Another game that is worth mentioning is one where you take in turns to feed a bunny... the game itself consists on drawing out the edges of an item with the remote. Once you have completed drawing the item (when you have surrounded the item with your line drawing) the item becomes solid and the bunny eats it in a spectacularly aggressive fashion, making the funniest noises and faces you can't even imagine!!! You get more points the more accurate the drawing is.

I can't help but provide you with another example of an enjoyable game: you see 4 empty wooden cabin-toilets on a beautiful sunny beach. 4 raving "rabbids" run towards the toilets and occupy one each, closing the door behind them and making the sort of noises that suggest they're making the most of their time in there!!! There is a countdown from 3 and when the word GO appears rabbit after rabbit slowly try to open the doors as they're done doing their business. The objective of this game is to shut the doors before they open, and keep the bunnies stuck in the loo for as long as you can! They get temperamental and aggressive as the time goes by, and the longer they stay the more impatient they become, trying to open the doors quickly and aggressively. You aim at the door with your remote and you close them by swinging the nunchuck. By the time a minute has passed (my record) you will be facing 4 rabid bunnies that are constantly trying to kick the doors open, and very soon you'll find one has finally managed to swing the door open and throws the PLUNGER at you!!!! this indicates the game is over. The winner is the person who holds the bunnies locked in the longest!!!

The reason for which I have put 4 stars is the graphics.

Like most games, give it a go before purchasing it, but rest assured: Laughter is guaranteed! Furthermore if you have 4 people willing to have a laugh this is it!
on 16 July 2007
This is the game to get to show off what the Wii and it's innovative control system can do. You will need a remote & nunchuck for each player.

Excellent fun for a very wide age range (works for all our family from 6 year old to thirty-somethings). Not-really-violent shoot-em-up elements taking potshots at barmy rabbit with sink plungers will keep you grinning and coming back regularly to pick off those bunnies that nip off screen before you could get them. Hammer-throwing dinosaur-type animals and banging things over the head with spades will make your arms ache.

So many different mini-games to test you in many different ways - you will not be disappointed with this game.
on 29 June 2007
I bought this game following an all-night wii session at a friend's house and I'm glad I did - the comedy value of seeing grown men addicted to the Bunnies Can't Dance game doesn't wear thin. But, oh boy, can it be frustrating sometimes.

The concept of the story-mode is well conceived, with each level consisting of 3 games and a longer challenge, at which point you can safely switch off and save your progress: so you can play for 10 - 15 mins, or all night. The score mode works equally well, either in multi-player mode or just killing time on your own.

However, I have just two minor gripes about this game:

1) that it can be extremely frustrating when the wireless controllers aren't behaving, or just aren't sensitive to pick up on your actions (yes, yes, I know the bad player blames the remotes, but it's true, honest!! Occasionally anyway)

2) that some of the multi-player modes aren't truly multi-player. We're addicted to the dancing bunnies mini-games, and while they play as split screen for two players, which is brilliant, plug in any more controllers and it forces eachplayer to play the same track, 3 or 4 times, one after the other - just takes all the fun out of it. The same goes for some of the other multi-player games where they could have split screened them. This means that this is a great game to play with one other friend, but becomes very long-winded with a bigger group.

Over-all though, this is a game that is well worth adding to the library.
on 27 December 2006
It's rated as a 3+, but it is very difficult for my 4 year old and 7 year old to master. This is the only reason for giving it less than 5 stars! It really is a fun game to play, or rather a fun series of mini-games. I love it!
on 2 January 2007
Having been lucky enough to track down a Wii in time for xmas I wanted a fun game that all the family could play. No 'shoot um ups' for me. Raving Rabbids was indeed an inspired choice. My husband in particular is not a gaming fan but when he saw Wii on Breakfast news he declared an interest. WE (not the kids) have played the most on this game, having a sneaky go when they are out/gone to bed etc. It is such good fun, nothing violent etc (except firing sink plungers at rabbits!!!) Levels are not long and drawn out and despite some of the tasks being a real challenge to our rhythm, reaction times etc but it does become very addictive in the best possible way. Everyone in the family can enjoy this game - superb graphics, easy to understand - highly recommended!!
on 9 February 2007
Rayman Raving Rabbids is a hilarious game and is best to play on the wii. The game includes you playing a series of mini-games to help get the baby Globox's back from the evil bunnies called 'Rabbids'.

The game can really be fun, but it depends what mood your in. If you are feeling lazy this is not the game for you, you have to excersise alot in this game! Also, it would be nice to have a platform rayman game. Mini-games are allright but it does get boring...sometimes.

The rabbids are absolutely hilarious and i love the design on them! You can also unlock special bunnie videos such as 'Bunnies can't milk cows' or 'Bunnies can't cook eggs'.

A good game. It just depends what you make of it.
on 23 November 2007
I loved this game, the only game I have ever completed so far. And I was disappointed to complete it.
The variety of mini games is superb, lots of fun and sometimes tiring! My arms hurt for days afterwards but it was worth every minute of it. The graphics are superb, and the rabbids are excellent characters. This is a good family game - my 5 year old niece had a go - couldn't manage the games but she had fun having a go.
I can't wait to get the follow up.
on 4 June 2009
I bought this game after my kids (aged 4 & 6) played Rayman Rabbids 2 at a friend's house and LOVED it. This game is more expensive than the sequel, so I had high expectations.
The beginning of the game was really annoying. Your character is inside a stadium and you have to get a certain number of points from the 5 games on offer. A couple of these games were good, but the others were pointless and difficult. I couldn't work out how to play it, despite my best efforts. Eventually, I reached the target and the gate of the stadium opened. By then, my kids had lost interest and were playing their DS. My character walked through the gates and finally, there were more and better games to play.
The game is in single player mode only, which meant my kids couldn't play together.
My advice would be to get the sequel game Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 instead. It is much better, can be played in multi-player mode and cheaper!
on 17 November 2007
I arrived late at this title, fearful that it would just be another pile of half hearted mini games with no longevity. Let me tell you, I'm glad I got it, eventually, it's one of the funniest titles for the Wii. The graphics and content are wickedly creative and who couldn't have the time of their life beat keeping to Chics "Good times" or Cyndi Lauper's "Girl's just wanna have fun"? Or shooting things with plungers, cow tossing, pig rescuing, sky diving, dentistry and much much more.

We all had a blast playing this. The mini-games aren't that easy either so there's hours of game play. In fact, some are really frustrating to the point of desperation, but that's all part of the fun.

It's a great game for all age groups. Don't hesitate!

P.S. Avoid Rayman II, it's totally unengaging and a real disappointment, especially compared with this games brilliance.
on 14 January 2011
This was one of the first games I was given when I received a Nintendo Wii way back in 2006, which now seems so long ago. I never got into the game until 3 years later. Now, every time my best friend comes to visit we spend o' so many hours wacking lose raving rabbids.

I've almost finished story mode, and I tell you it has been a challenge. If you're finding it hard to play story mode by yourself, invite a couple of friends round to help. Take it in turns to play the mini-games, and you will soon find yourself steaming ahead.

My favourite mini-game is the Disco Dancing game (this is what I call it, I'm unsure on what it's really called). If you play the game with a friend it can get very competitive, so beware!

Both young and old will love this game, you may even find you have to set time limits to play... yes, it can be that addictive!