VINE VOICEon 10 April 2007
It's difficult for me to get excited about cables. I bought this to go with my plasma TV (Pioneer) and to connect to my hard disk recorder (Sony). The HDMI standard guarentees a lot of the quality and I chose this on price mainly, and because I have had a good experience in the past with LabGear. This is one of the reasons why there doesn't appear to be a budget HDMI cable. If you want to learn more about the standard, then visit Wickipedia and search HDMI, I am not sure which of the HDMI standard's this complies with and I am not sure at this length it really matters.

The terminations are of good quality and are not too bulky. The lead transmits the pictures very clearly and without interference, the picture from my HDD recorder outperforms the picture from the TVs in built tuner.

In summary, this cable is often available for less money than other HDMI cables, if you are connecting an upscaler to an HD Ready TV, which is effectively what I have done in connecting the HDD to the TV, it is more than adequate for the job and so I wanted to give other buyers a sense of confidence in going for this cable.
0Comment|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2007
I was in 2 minds about buying this cable as I was unsure if it supported 1.3 version. I spoke to Labgear, and they re assured me that this cable is of a very high spec and it does support 1.3 in fact each cable is certified to 1.3b standard. I decided to take a chance and buy this cable. I recently bought a new Samsung 40" LCD TV and connected this cable and wow what a difference. HD makes such a difference. This is a quality cable at a good price, well worth buying.
on 18 April 2008
Buying an HD cable can be almost as confusing as buying a HD TV.

Having bought my new Samsung LCD TV, I was unsure which cable to go for, should I spend a couple of pounds or £30.00 to £40.00, in the end I opted for the Labgear cable as I have come across their name before and I wasn't disappointed.

This is a very high spec cable for the price, and is fully compatible with version 1.3 as well as supporting 1080i and 1080p.

Having done quite a bit of research on cables (I know its sad) all I can say is don't be fooled by some of the cheap inferior cables out there, why be shy to spend a few pounds more when you have already spent quite a bit on a TV.

At the same time don't be fooled by the very expensive cables out there, this cable is from a quality name, more then does the job, and is extremely reasonably priced as in my opinion it performs better then you think, well worth it
on 26 September 2008
I bought it for my full HD TV and Xbox HD output. Works perfectly. I could notice very big difference of how better the picture is by using this connector.!!
on 1 October 2007
Its worth paying extra for quality cable as picture quality from my HDMI DVD player to the HD TV improves greatly.
on 21 June 2009
Picture quality using this cable connected to an 1080p upscaling dvd player is as good as the tv's built in freesat HD, positive connection so should stay put when used with swivel stands and wall brackets and sturdy but flexible cable. Don't be fooled by the low price, This is a good quality cable and i wouldn't hesitate to buy more
on 25 April 2013
I now enjoy improved picture quality and neater cabling around my several PVRs DVd recorders and Blu ray players .good value
on 30 April 2009
It is very good, it does the function as it told and my ps3 says "I love this HDMI wire"
I recommend it.
on 17 April 2016
Actually bought them on price - that they are gold plated is useful as the connectors on my amp are gold plated. If your amp or other devices are not gold plated then gold plating can be a bad thing as it can cause 'creep' due to dissimilar metals. Obviously this is a digital product, it sends a binary signal that either works or it doesn't. If they are working it doesn't matter which way round they go, also what sort of metal is used internally is irrelevant - its either made to standard or it isn't. I know of people who care about what metal is used but who forget that as soon gets inside object that this is attached to the circuits aren't make of special metals nor are the chips etc, thus why would making this out of Oxygen free copper make a difference? Yes I am sure that people can hear a difference with higher priced cables - they can - but its the placebo effect that makes it happen not the cable.
on 28 June 2011
Not the best as i had to move the cable around in the socket to make sure it worked correctly

See one answered question