on 16 January 2009
Wonderful kitchen gadget. Small footprint, so takes very little space. Easy to use, just fill one of the provided cups with whatever you want blended or grinded, screw on the appropriate blade, place in base, push down, and off it goes. You can have short sharp bursts or longer, depending on how long you push/hold the cup down. It also juices, but I haven't had a chance to use this facility yet. I think it's a UK version of the US 'Magic Bullet' blender. Best of all its Easy to clean!! Highly recommended.
11 comment|189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 February 2010
This is the UK version of the Magic Bullet, but much cheaper and it does the same job. It's small and tidy. I use it every day and it makes my life so much easier. Best buy!
on 3 April 2015
Bought this as a replacement for my very old Magic Bullet. It's just the same product really with different shape cups. All my parts fit the new blender which is handy.

Item works just the same as Magic Bullet and I can't leave without it. From blending onions into meatballs to smoothies and milkshakes for kids - all gets done in this blender. Must have gadget and at such a great price it's a steal.
on 15 June 2015
I'm a first time smoothie maker and found this little machine perfect for what I need. I've only ahd it a few days so don't know yet if it will stand the test of time hence the 4 stars. My first smoothie was a banana apple fresh apricots spinach dash of milk absolutly delicous. Tried the same adding porridge oats for breakfast lovely again. Exellent way of getting your 5 a day without all the chomping and chewing. Delivery time excellent 2 days. Very neat and tidy fits on my worktop (and I hate clutter).
on 15 February 2016
Thought i was getting a good item for the cost. Seemed ok when I bought it. 2Nd time use and both seals came off lids, wrapped around blades as i was using them and shredded into pieces in my drinks. I am now unable to use the blender until replacement seals arrive. I am very disappointed at this early stage. I've only had it a week.
review image
on 27 May 2010
The Machine is brilliant, it would be nice though if you could buy it without the mugs and blender.
on 28 June 2009
It's just a Magic Bullet by another name, so all my other attachments fitted. I'm very pleased with this product.
22 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2016
My rating: ★★★★ - mediocre but okay for seldom use.

I am writing this review months after purchase; during this time I have used the Hinari blender numerous times.

I have used this for smoothies, coffee grinding, chia seeds plus various nuts chopping, cream whipping, ice grinding... Perhaps more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

It does its job, but when you are making fruit or veg smoothies you really have to make sure to precut them or you WILL get lumps. If you want to add ice, that is okay as it deals with ice fine.

Problem is, after roughly 20 uses, the whole set is kinda worn out. The blades don't seem as sharp anymore and my smoothies aren't very smooth! Also it doesn't seem to like fruit skins, for example apple ones, and struggles to slice through those.

I like that there are loads of attachments and containers with lids, that's a great plus. But it's so annoying to clean out food from under the blades! Almost impossible. Perhaps it's easy in a dishwasher but I don't own one.

Overall I think it's okay, but if you expect more than what I have written above, you might want to invest in a more expensive blender with various attachments, especially if you plan to use it daily - this one would last you a month tops then.
on 13 February 2010
I bought this to make baby food after using the original 'Magic Bullet' blender in the USA. While this is slightly different to the magic bullet, the differences are largely cosmetic. It works great for making baby food in large or small batches, but we also use it to make smoothies and vegetable soups. It has a powerful motor and is very easy to clean. The bits are no larger than a drinking glass, so they all fit in the dishwasher easily. It comes with 2 blades; a regular blender blade and a flat blade that you can use to grind coffee or nuts or whatnot. I have not used the 'juicer' but imagine that if you are looking for a proper juicer, then buy that, and not this. My only complaint would be that there are a lot of parts, as you can see in the picture, there are several glasses. If you are short on storage you might take this into consideration. The product would be made even better if it came in some kind of plastic storage box to keep the bits organised. The blender unit itself has a very small footprint and mine lives on the bench permanently.
on 7 November 2009
i have had one before a differant make had it for years in the end the motor went and this one is just as good would recomed it to any body have also bought one for my daughter would not be without it is small and you can just leave it on your work top and itdoes notake up to much space