5.0 out of 5 stars Hinari The Genie Blender
This is the UK version of the Magic Bullet, but much cheaper and it does the same job. It's small and tidy. I use it every day and it makes my life so much easier. Best buy!
Published on 15 Feb 2010 by Naomi

Published on 29 July 2010 by TeeMat

5.0 out of 5 stars Hinari The Genie Blender, 15 Feb 2010
This review is from: Hinari MB280 The Genie Multi-Attachment Blender (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, Easy and Versatile, 16 Jan 2009
Arissa (Wokingham, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
Wonderful kitchen gadget. Small footprint, so takes very little space. Easy to use, just fill one of the provided cups with whatever you want blended or grinded, screw on the appropriate blade, place in base, push down, and off it goes. You can have short sharp bursts or longer, depending on how long you push/hold the cup down. It also juices, but I haven't had a chance to use this facility yet. I think it's a UK version of the US 'Magic Bullet' blender. Best of all its Easy to clean!! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love this Bargain!, 12 Nov 2013
I took delivery of this last night and immediately I fell in love with it's ease to use,
Within half an hour I had a really tasty so easy to prepare tomato soup, i have also just finished said soup at work for my lunch, this morning I had a Banana Smoothie, breakfast for the first time in 2013 at breakfast time.

All the attachments are so easy to attach, use and clean which to me are so important

I may even purchase another one simply because it's such good value for money. The beakers and lids are dishwasher and microwave safe and so durable, the tall cup was thrown in to my bag this morning (filled with soup), was dropped on the floor twice en route to work and survived with no leaks. simply the best thing I have added to my kitchen in ages!

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 28 Jun 2009
Mrs. Gw Bruce (UK) - See all my reviews
It's just a Magic Bullet by another name, so all my other attachments fitted. I'm very pleased with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars versatile, effective and used every day, 20 Nov 2014
I have had this for nearly a year now, and i use it pretty much every day and its still going strong.
the accessories it comes with are enough to make sure you arent scuppered if you end up making things and keeping them in the freezer, literally the only thing it could do with is a couple more proper lids.
I use this every single day to grind my coffee beans, i mix up ingredients to make icecream (which i shove in the freezer and stir every half hr as i dont have an icecream maker)
blend up soups with it, smoothies and juices, i make cauliflour rice in it, whipped coconut milk (divine), i use it to chop nuts, herbs, sometimes even use it to chop veg.
during the course of a year i have had ONE rubber ring get caught up and burn out on me which is pretty good going.

Make sure that you do only use it for 30 second bursts, its a powerful little motor and can get very hot, so dont go trying to use if for anything intensive like making nut butter, that would be a little crazy. personally i would do a few 20second bursts than go for the full 30 second blasts.

The cups and rings are fantastic, i drink bulletproof coffee that requires a little blending before drinking, so i grind my beans with it, brew my coffee, then blend it up in a cup and drink straight away from the cup.

The genie is a cheaper uk version of the magic bullet, but it has lasted way beyond what i thought it would for the price and for something so versatile it is truly an amazing addition to my kitchen that doesnt take up much counter space.

5.0 out of 5 stars hinaria genie, 7 Nov 2009
i have had one before a differant make had it for years in the end the motor went and this one is just as good would recomed it to any body have also bought one for my daughter would not be without it is small and you can just leave it on your work top and itdoes notake up to much space

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT a Magic Bullet. BEWARE LOW QUALITY - Please read this review before buying, 29 July 2010
I've lived in 3 different countries over the past several years. I got my first Magic Bullet a few years ago a LOVED it so as soon as i moved to a different country I got another only it was so expensive there, I got a different brand which was equal in its quality. Loved it as much. Now i have moved to England so I thought i would try this Hinari as the reviews were very positive.

WRONG DECISION.

I'm stuck with it now as my 30 days are up. I have it only 6 weeks and have used it about 25-30 times probably, but always with liquid, nothing hard. The mixing blade was great and I thought it was as good as Magic Bullet at first and was going to write a very positive review originally.

The other day I tried the chopping blade with cashews and yoghurt and all I heard was a bunch of horrible grinding noises and then the blade stopped. Under the blades are hard rubber notches that fit with plastic notches on the machine to spin the blade. The plastic machine notches had completely eradicated the rubber blade notches! They were powdered! And this was the blades FIRST use!

I then took the mixing blade that has given NO problems to finish the job of grinding the cashews and though it worked, it also began to grind away the rubber, so clearly this machine is only good with liquids and soft material. Now my mixing blade is not working as well to blend my smoothies.

I called the company as Amazon suggested and they informed me that the blades are not covered under the warranty! How convenient--it does NOT state in the warranty that only the machine is guaranteed! Sad. The blades each cost 7.20 from Hinari, and I'm afraid the same thing will happen again. At 14.40 to buy both new blades, I might as well have paid that extra to get a machine of higher quality.

Very disappointed in this machine and wish I would have spend the money for a REAL MAGIC BULLET.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than You Will Anticipate!, 4 Sep 2009
K. Chan (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this since I thought it was cheap and came with a lot of accessories. But OH MY DAYS.. Its beautiful. The motor part is very small and easily hidden (in my case behind the kettle). You place the ingrediants into the cup/jug, attach the blade part, screw on, place onto motor and blitz for a few seconds.. remove the blade part and rinse that part under the tap and voila.. smoothie ready to drink in the same cup u make it in (no extra washing needed)! I love the extra tops as well.. I can make a few cups at once, pop the top on and store in the fridge for the rest of the day. Its really fantastic.. all the cups/accessories feel very strong and long lasting. Its one of the top purchases I've made this year. Great as a gift, its one of those things people don't normally have, but if they have it - they will use all the time :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as Magic Bullet, 17 Sep 2011
This is my first review. never bothered to review things before but thought this is something i need to share in case there may be others who may want to know.

I bought this product when my Magic Bullet's motor went kaput after 5 years. i was looking to just replace the motor but was not able to find any vendors selling just that. i was trying to find great deals to minimise my costs when i came across Hinari. After reading a few reviews here, i thought this may be a good solution, my magic bullet replacement without the magic bullet price tag.

Oh how disappointed was i. It does not work at all like my magic bullet. like another review here, my model does not do anything apart from pulverising my food into liquid. I have only tried onions and cheddar cheese so far, and both were not chopped or grated like my magic bullet used to be able to do. I tried with both blades and got the same result.

not happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 20 Jan 2010
Mrs. Ellie King (west sussex) - See all my reviews
Firstly i would like to say that the delivery time was fantastic, it arrived this morning and i wasnt expecting it until next week so that was a bonus
Secondly what a great product, i originally had the magic bullet which served me well but eventually it bit the dust and i was left with all the accessories, ordered the Hinari Genie MB280Hinari MB280 The Genie Multi-Attachment Blender and was very pleased indeed that everything fits with it, so nothing has been wasted and the machine works wonderfully, if you have not tried it make the scrambled eggs mmmm
My recommendation is to buy this for the price alone, after that, it will be the only machine you will want to use