4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Windsor Student Bb Clarinet Includes Hard Case (Electronics)
Well, I'd been learning for a few years but had quit due to a disagreement with my teacher. I still wanted to carry on though, so I began to teach myself. My school has a Xmas Concert each year and I love to play in the jazz band. This was around two years ago. We ordered this off of amazon and I was really excited. It did not disappoint. Aside from an unfortunate first evening spent trying to get a sound out of it, when it finally produced one I was over the moon. I taught myself loads of notes, and thoroughly enjoyed showing off my brand new clarinet to all my friends :p
Unfortunately, two days after I bought it, it was knocked over and one of the keys broke. It didn't really hinder my progress, but it was very annoying.
I've tried loads of my (fully functional) school's clarinets, but never really got on with them. I always end up back to my trusty (even if it is broken) Windsor clarinet.
I'm getting a new one this Christmas, and I know it sounds silly, but I will miss it.
For this price, it is a great clarinet and it has seen many concerts, recitals, music assessments etc with me.
EVEN BROKEN IT WORKS BETTER FOR ME THAN THE POSH ONES AT MY SCHOOL. Great sound, feels good to hold.
And Windsor - thanks for making such a brilliant instrument xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Jan 2014
The clarinet overall is really good,the reeds that come with it are not very good, I would recommend vandoren reeds. The cork grease runs out pretty quickly,if you do buy it don't put the cork grease in the slot because it takes forever to get out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sneak peak before Xmas wrapping, 30 Nov 2013
Ordered for my wife's Xmas present as she had not played clarinet since school and her interest had been recently rekindled . Prior to wrapping i needed to ensure it worked correctly
Excellent build quality and the sound is spine tingling!! My advice is buy at once.

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 24 Nov 2013
I purchased this clarinet when it was on offer as I had always wanted to play the clarinet. It arrived promptly and with the help of You Tube videos I soon learnt how to correctly assemble it. I purchased a separate mouth piece which quickly improved the tone. After a few months playing a few of the keys are looking jaded and one screw is coming out but this has not been difficult to repair. A positive first experience of the clarinet but a more expensive model will soon be required!

ARRAY(0xb341d1ec)