5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Family Game
Published on 30 Oct 2006 by M. Pattinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing...yeah, I know!
I got this as a present for Christmas and, to be honest, I'm disappointed with it. Like many of the other reviewers here, I have a problem with the game crashing near the end (which is, for obvious reasons, no help at all).

Published on 8 Feb 2007 by Luke Fletcher

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing...yeah, I know!, 8 Feb 2007
Luke Fletcher "L. T." (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Britain - The Game [DVD Interactive Game] [2006] (DVD)

As a game itself, this is painful. It's not as drawn out as the horribly slow Deal Or No Deal DVD game, but it's not fantastic either. Each question is followed by a sound bite (which takes time to load) and a video clip (which takes more time to load). The whole process is slow, annoying and breaks up the flow of gameplay. Incidentally, there's also no music except the TV show's theme which crops up only at the start and between levels (possibly at the end, I'll never know because it keeps crashing!) so the game's also deathly dull with nothing either visually or aurally stimulating.

The rounds themselves are baffling. The main issue is in the questions. I realise these games have to be marketed towards people who aren't fans of the show, but why not do it like Red Dwarf's DVD game, Beat the Geek (wherein you get to choose the kind of question you get- general knowledge, viewer or geeky superfan)? As it is, this game is almost Little Britain free, aside from the use of the characters.

Speaking of the characters, they quickly become very tedious. If you aren't already tired of them, you soon will be upon playing this game. There are only so many times in one minute you can stomach Carol coughing and saying "Computers says no"- within each character's level, there doesn't even seem to be any variety in the messages you get when you answer correctly (or incorrectly). Add to that, there are only so many times in a short space you can laugh at Tom Baker going "Ooh!" or making a "goodbye" joke as he does in the series.

You can't choose the levels you play if you just want to do it for leisure- there are 15 levels (plus a bonus level with Anne that crops up), of which 7 are randomly chosen each time you play. Fact is, though, I didn't really ask for this for Christmas to answer questions on travel or food. I just wanted a fun Little Britain game. Sadly, I don't have the patience to keep trying this to see if one day I'll get lucky and see it to the end.

My advice to you would be to avoid this game and either buy the excellent Little Britain Live Tour DVD or, if you really want a TV-based DVD game, grab Red Dwarf: Beat the Geek.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better!, 1 Jun 2007
At the moment I am not finding the actual game too bad, although after playing it only 3 times I am already getting bored of the repetitive comments from all the characters.

When playing this game the first two times, the dvd crashed leaving me with a white screen and unable to do anything, this can be highly annoying when you have taken your time listening to the annoying comments to get to the final round. I thought at first that this must be a problem with my copy but after reading comments from other people I have realised that it is a common problem.

I have been determined to get to the very end as a winner to see what the "mystery" prize would be, expecting it to be a clip of little britain maybe previously unseen, instead I was dissappointed to discover that I was rewarded with a "dance" from mrs de veer.

This game would have been so much better if it was quicker overall with no pauses between rounds leaving you thinking "Is it going to crash again?" Also a larger variety of character comments are needed, how many times do i need to hear "That was the right answer, the right answer, your answer was right!"?

If you are looking for a fun interactive quiz then I wouldn't recommend you choose this one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Little Britain the Game You Can't Play, 23 Jan 2007
R. J. Wells - See all my reviews
On my second copy now and both hang. One of the sub games (the fat fighters one, I think) will not play and hangs the DVD player.

I have asked for a refund as I'm sick of trying to get it to work.

One to avoid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless %^@(^£^"$ (rude word of your choice to be added here)!!!!, 24 Feb 2007
I am EXTREMELY disappointed I have tried playing this game 3 times each time it has crashed, so have many other peoples (see other reviews!)!!! I have tried (since the beginging of January) contacting GRANADA VENTURES (ITV DVD) LTD. about this, no-one has had the decency to reply or even acknoweledge my e-mails....I have no argument with Amazon as they only supply the product. If this is the way GRANADA VENTURES (ITV DVD) LTD. do business I cannot therefore recommend ANY of their products!!! As for rating it i can't rate it at all as i am unable to play the game but 1 star for Amazons quick delivery!! As it seems there is a production fault with this product, why has there not been a recall as it is obvious that so many people have complained and received a faulty product, surely this is a Trading Standards matter this product has been sold as working and it clearly does not. I am going to contact my local Trading Standards Office, I have already contacted BBC Watchdog - I suggest everyone with this problem does the same!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Family Game, 30 Oct 2006
M. Pattinson (England) - See all my reviews
The fun and controversy never stops with David Walliams and Matt Lucas - as Little Britain is voted the Most Popular Comedy in the National Television Awards the boys from Little Britain announced the release of Little Britain The Game on Monday 6th November - a fantastic interactive DVD Game that will provide lots of fun and laughs for all the family this Christmas - David and Matt have filmed two hours of exclusive new footage for the game where their various characters act as the quizmasters. All the favourites are there - Lou and Andy, Bubbles De Vere, Sebastian, Vicky Pollard, Dennis Waterman, Emily and Florence and of course Daffyd with his very special "Name That Gay" game.

This Little Britain British quiz: devised and performed by Lucas and Walliams includes all new exclusive footage!
Narrated by Tom Baker, the questions cover every aspect of Britain and British life with a thematic link to the character presenting it. There are over 1000 questions to tackle as a multiple choice quiz or activity game.
You can involve up to 4 players or employ a team game - choose from Emily Howard, Anne, Vicky Pollard or Lou and Andy. The winner is the first to cover the UK and collect the most tokens!

Rounds include; Name that Gay, Carol's Travel Quiz, FatFighter's Quiz, Guess the FeemTune, Charades with Sebastian and loads more!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Hours of new and exclusive footage from Lucas & Walliams, 5 Nov 2006
Britain, Britain, Britain now arguably the greatest game ever made visually. If you have seen the Television Series and heard the Radio Series, then what a way to go ha ha!. It comes in a collector's tin which makes this original antique and not any old rubbish. If it is not then you should be collecting bins to put it into. Anyway it is great to see unadultered interactive fun not collecting dust in the world. There are over 1000 general knowledge questions and games that are entertaining. You can play in teams or with yourself. It features Name That Guy, Kenny Craig's Mysterious World, A Question of Royalty, Kids Tell Fun Quiz, Carol's Travel Quiz, Fatfighters Quiz, Guess the Feemtoon, Vicky's No But Year But Game, Charades and much, much more! If you get plenty of points you will enter a bonus round. All the rounds are random so you could see any of your best loved charactors. This message will have you having fun. If you don't belive me then buy the game and find out. I have, wow and two days before it's official release. Must go because I'm having fun interacting with the DVD player playing the game. Goodbyeeee!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 Dec 2006
C. A. Hillier (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
I thought the concept was brilliant and the beginning sequence really puts you into a fun mood and we were really getting into it - I have played it twice and twice with a group of friends. It is quite slow so make sure you've got plenty of drinks and things going on to keep occupied between rounds - it constantly updates the scores which I think was a bit tedious, it should just give the scores at the end. Unfortunately both times I played it, it suddenly stopped and I never managed to reach the end, no matter what I tried with the DVD player, so perhaps I got a dud copy which is why its going back. It did spoil the fun of both evenings and left me wanting to send it back without a replacement or to consider a different game altogether! I hope it works better for others and probably works best with a big group of friends and perhaps only two teams so you don't have a long wait between rounds whilst it reviews all the scores.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this DVD!!!, 17 Jan 2008
J. Hugo (Australia) - See all my reviews
Please do yourself a favour and don't waste your time and money by buying this DVD/Game!

I bought the DVD, paid for postage to Australia and found (like everyone else that's reviewed it) that there's a fault. The DVD freezes and you're left with a blank screen.

So I got onto Amazon and complained. They sent me another one - I wait for it to come and - of course it froze as well. Lucky me - Amazon reimbursed me for the cost of the DVD (not for the postage though).

Amazon knows from all the reviews that there is a fault with these discs -yet they continue to sell them.

Amazon should be ashamed for continuing to waste people's time and money!

2.0 out of 5 stars Little Britain, or Big Cash-in?, 24 Aug 2007
Like most, I am a fan of the show, and this was bought for me. I expected to like it,if just for the '2 hours of new and exclusive footage'. Unfortunately, the game is extremely slow, repetitive, and the characters quickly get irritating.
There are a few bits that make you chuckle, and the metal case the game came in is nice, but that aside, its an average quiz game.
Buy the dvd's of the show, or a proper quiz game, but leave this alone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun.. if it worked, 6 Jan 2007
Saldy I must point out there does seem to be some errors on behalf of the producers of the DVD. Certain version seem to freeze. I myself have ordered two seperate copies, to find that both froze on the last round of questions.

Game play however is imaginative, witty and fun. The comedy is perfect to keep you in a good mood while playing the game. You won't soon get bored of this title. A must for large families as the team option is much better than the single player.

Little Britain - The Game [DVD Interactive Game] [2006]