on 20 May 2008
I don't agree with the other reviewer saying that this blender doesn't work and just shreds; maybe he just got a faulty item, but I'm very happy with mine: it makes wonderful smoothies and shakes, it blends soup, and I can make hummous and other dips in it, all with fine results. It can also crush ice and I can make Pina Colada! Cleanup is a snap (most of the times), as you just need to put some warm water, add a bit of dish soap in it and whizz it for a few seconds on Pulse, rinse it and there you are. Even when I have to use a sponge it is not too difficult, as I can reach right under the blades quite easily.
The blender is easy to assemble and looks great on the counter. It is sturdy and doen't jump around when working and it has a clever cord and plug storage facility, which minimizes clutter and I really like the glass jug, even if it's a bit heavy.
All in all a great purchase for the price.
on 6 November 2011
This blender is well made and very heavy. It has glass jug instead of plastic jug, and its very powerful with 4 speeds. Looks nice too.
I use it for friuts smoothies. with linseed and sesame seed pre-blended in it first,then add banana, apples, kiwi. YUM... I also tried to make raw green smoothies, it was spinnach, pear, broccolli and cucumber, but bits of broccolli unblended, but still drinkable. I have not try it with ice crashing yet, I think it will does it ok too.
Also, haven't try it for soup, as I have a hand blender for it, but intruction stated that you have to cool the soup down first.
Cleaning - I have no problem of cleaning it and I found it fairly easy and quick, just fill half of the jug with water, then put back on and turn on blender for 5 seconds. then, rinse it off. Of course if you use it for greasy food or soup or more solid food, like hummus, then maybe a different story, as you cannot remove the blade to clean.
Storage - it store well and tidy, it has cable storage on base and a vitual socket for storing the plug.
I bought it on sale fr. Amazon, so it was half of the price, it worth every penny. I will recommend it for all kind of smoothies and cocktail at least!

update/ 12 Nov.2011
It's broken!!
I was making my daily smoothie and the blade came off, leaked to the base unit. Some plastic pieces jump into my juice too. What a short life...
Returning it, but so much time wasted. Now have to start all over again to search for a blender.
on 30 January 2012
This blender looks good and the cord storage makes it very tidy on the worktop. Very easy to remove and replace the goblet. It works quite well however to really do a good job of pureeing or crushing ice cubes on full power it is ear shatteringly noisy but for what I paid not a bad product.
Morphy Richards Food Fusion 48953 Blender, Stainless Steel
on 23 May 2013
Used the blender a couple of times only, but leaks to the base. Unfortunately I didn't take any actions at the time when I first purchased it. Reported it to Amazon and was advised to get in touch directly with Morphy Richards. I have been offered to buy a new blender model 48988 currently sold at £89.99, at a d discounted price of £64.99. Personally, Morphy Richards should've replaced the product which was faulty in the first place.
on 28 October 2013
Very impressed with this item. Jug is very good quality and heavy too so be careful when its full. Speed settings really work a treat and grind up just about anything you put in it.

very easy to clean too and my kids are making smoothies galore!!
on 22 December 2007
It doesn't blend it sort of shreds things in a half hearted way, I returned it immediately for a refund. I really would not recommend it.
on 17 August 2010
This food blender is fine for blending soups (and just about ok for smoothies) but not good at all for chopping drier food - it certainly has the power to do so but the design of the jug means the ingredients fall outside the blades' range. This means you can't make something like hummus, for example, without having to endlessly stop the machine, switch it off at the wall and poke the ingredients towards the blade. Really annoying. It doesn't chop up ice cubes either.
on 11 December 2014
Beautiful blender. I liked mine so much I bought another for a gift
on 4 September 2015