5.0 out of 5 stars Fine
Published on 28 Aug. 2010 by Andrew Buckle

2.0 out of 5 stars Not on kindle fire!!
Loved reading the nyt on my kindle touch, but have since upgraded to the kindle fire hd, and have found that it is not a supported device! Not a clue why amazon would do this!
Published on 28 Dec. 2012 by JAE

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 28 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The New York Times (Kindle Edition)
The NY Times can be found in some newsagents but mainly London based ones, and then at a price (expensive) - getting a copy instantly via the Kindle is great. The articles only have maximum of 1 pic (if at all) so not exactly the same as the printed copy. Still, easy to navigate between the articles and the articles are of high quality. Definitely will be buying more issues of this newspaper (as well as others around the world) - now if only the local UK papers were also available in the same way.. Didn't have all the sections though, which is a pity as it is always good to check out the new TV series etc

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read., 1 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The New York Times (Kindle Edition)
I thought I would give the NYT a try to see what reading a newspaper on the Kindle was like. Overall I am rather impressed. It is very easy to navigate through the paper, either by jumping from one article to the next or by heading straight to the section you want to read. Most articles carry only a single image, but that hasn't caused me any problems so far, as it the text that I am interested in. The ability to "clip" articles for later reference/research is also a great feature.

The standard of writing is, in my opinon, better than most UK newspapers and it also offers a different window on the world. I always enjoy reading the coverage of UK events written from an "outsiders" point of view. So far, my copy has been ready and waiting for me each morning without any problems. I do tend to skip a couple of sections as I don't follow US sports, but I still feel it is giving me good value for money.

So, whether you are from the USA and want to keep up with events back home or, like me, a Brit that wants another view of the news, the New York Times delivers some great content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 4 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The New York Times (Kindle Edition)
As a UK reader, my decision to subscribe to the NY Times was a little tentative at first (given the US-focus in articles). However the clear, witty, global and intelligent content of articles has completely won me over. It is well worth the subscription fee.
The only problem is the delay in making each edition available on Kindle - not much use for those of use who want to read a morning paper!

5.0 out of 5 stars All the news that's fit to print, 24 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The New York Times (Kindle Edition)
As a US ex-pat living in London I'm used to getting my US news either from the International section of The Guardian or from webcasts. From time to time I'd pick up the New York Times from a newsagent, but you have to search it out and it runs a day late. How refreshing to have it beam onto my Kindle DX at around ten o'clock every morning.

Sure, not every single article that the print edition has makes it onto the Kindle version, but you get plenty there, from the front page, international, national, business, op-ed, and other supplements like science and others. What I like about the writing style of the NYT is that, very often, once the initial story has been outlined, a few paragraphs will be set aside to outline the context and history of the story, so that its wider implications are clear.

A great paper, and a joy to now receive everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine writing, too expensive, 28 Dec. 2010
Joe Mcnally (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New York Times (Kindle Edition)
I'm about 2 weeks into the trial. I'm most impressed by content, and the quality of the writing. The presentation is about as good as it can be given the practical limitations Kindle imposes. I very much doubt I will continue the subscription simply due to the price and I'm convinced that, eventually, the dealmakers will realise that low price/high volume is the future. At a third of the current price I'd have no hesitation in subscribing and given that there is little or no added cost per additional subscriber, surely sense will prevail?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Newspaper.Excellent Service.Horrible Price, 28 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The New York Times (Kindle Edition)
I have never read the new york times ever before nor read an electronc newspaper before. But I am very impressed. Not only shall I be reading The NYT but I shall be reading my papers on my kindle. The paper is well formatted but hasnt too many pictures. Where pics are present they are of consistantly good standard. Now I need not go through the hassle of gathering change and buying a paper en route to college in the mornings. To say I am astonished at the nice presentation and decent editing is an understatement. I am yet to read a British newspaper and shall start soon. I was skeptical given the reviews of UK papers I have seen. I think the Kindle is a good device for newspapers.

The NYT usually arrives at my Kindle by around 10:00am. I wouldnt know otherwise as I dont wake up earlier for now. The delay is understandable because of the time difference. But I hope it gets fixed as we still have printed copies of The NYT many hours beforehand. This however is not too much of an issue in my opinion anyway. But is a nice thing to get fixed.

Brilliant though. Re-KINDLEd my little thing for the newspaper.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but expensive, 10 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The New York Times (Kindle Edition)
The NY Times version is very good. It includes some images and formatting issues are not as prominent with this newspaper as they are with other kindle versions such as the times.

It's just to expensive compared to the average cost of the UK newspapers (avg. £10 monthly).

The 2-month free trial is a nice thing as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely excellent, 18 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The New York Times (Kindle Edition)
The NYT on kindle is every bit as good as the other reviews suggest, and, given the price of a hard copy in the UK, it is really excellent value. I was surprised at how well it worked on the Kindle - (I have a Kindle Touch) the formatting and so on really works extremely well. I haven't bought a subscription, I've just bought single issues about once a week - there is so much great content that I wouldn't have time to read it every day. It took me over 2 weeks to work my way through the Xmas issue (though I was not reading it continuously during those 2 weeks, obviously...). So far I have bought Kindle issues of 3 different newspapers and this is far and away the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Newspaper, 26 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The New York Times (Kindle Edition)
Wonderful newspaper, beautifully written, informative and entertaining. A lot of effort has clearly been spent on the Kindle edition; it's superb. Very highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good journalism, diverse articles, 8 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The New York Times (Kindle Edition)
Very much enjoyed the trial period and found the articles to be diverse enough to hold interest. A nice balance of International, National and New York articles plus good Sports coverage. I also learned a lot during the two month trial but like some others have suggested the cost per month is too expensive. Will definitely continue to read the NYT online though, so I guess their web advertisers will be happy!

The New York Times