5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fly in light winds without help

3.0 out of 5 stars classic box kite
Published 15 months ago by Happyshopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fly in light winds without help, 14 April 2010
This review is from: Classic Box (Toy)
I wanted a first kite for my 2 year old. I already knew box kites were really stable and fly in light winds. This one is very colourful and very easy to launch and fly. It will stay up forever when other single line kites nose dive and crash. My son loved it. It is easy to puncture the fabric when assembling the diagonal spars. I did this with one spar when I first assembled it but have been more careful since. There is just a small puncture in the fabric which isn't noticable and doesn't affect the flying. It also has not got worse despite being also flown in high winds. A very nice kite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kite that doesn't need much wind, 4 Nov 2010
This review is from: Classic Box (Toy)
I flew this kite for the first time the other day and was very happy with it. Initially the wind was *very* low (barely blowing at all), which meant that even running around the kite wouldn't stay aloft. However once the wind picked up a fraction the kite went aloft with barely any effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stable, 27 Feb 2011
Tim (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Box (Toy)
I got this kite to fly alongside my Daughters Diamond Rainbow. We've had it for about a week now but the wind just hasn't been blowing till yesterday, so we all went to try it out. I was expecting to need help getting it into the air but found that all I needed to do was let it go and it rose immediately.

The construction of the kite looks and feels very good, everything is tight and solid. seems as though it would be able to handle quite a few fast crashes before anything broke.

Assembly was easy as it's just a case of fixing the four cross beams inside into the rubber mounts. care does have to be taken when doing this though as the 2nd beam at each end needs to be bent to get it into the mount so it would be easy to slip and puncture the canvas.
Once done though all that's needed is to tie the string on and wait for a windy day. the string has plenty on it too, the picture I've uploaded has the string unwound about halfway.

Overall a fun, easy to fly, well made kite that can be launched by one person.

3.0 out of 5 stars classic box kite, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Classic Box (Toy)
Item came well packaged and within the time stated. I read with interest one of the reviews for this particular item from a lady who stated that when putting the item together she inadvertently put a small hole in the sale area from one of the cross members that hold the kite taut. I now see the reason why this happened. This is because the cross member spars as mentioned are certainly too long and one has to struggle to put them in place without having to bend them in. I found in my case that I had to alter the length of the spars by as much as 1cm to get them sit properly without seeing a bend within the cross structure. I know that it is not probably critical as kites go and I have since flown the kite and found it to be a great flyer, however, I did have to alter the said spars which was not easy to do as they are made of carbon fibre and have to be cut with a junior hacksaw carefully to prevent splitting. Unless the manufacturer alters the spec. slightly others may have the same difficulty when assembling.

5.0 out of 5 stars old style box kite, 20 July 2012
This review is from: Classic Box (Toy)
Got this kite for a bit of fun, most kites to-day are the standard 'stunt' type kites. Thought it would be a laugh to fly an old style box kite as I did as a kid in the 60's. (Grandkids loved it) Kite appears to be well made & robust enough to fly anytime, had no trouble assembling & it flies very easily even in low wind. Only compaint is the line could do with being a bit longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Kite, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Classic Box (Toy)
Barged the kids out of the way and flew it myself :) The small ones had fun trying to stay on the ground

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kite!, 23 May 2014
Milos Zikic (Belgrade, Serbia Macedonia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Box (Toy)
Went on a hill about half a mile from my father in law's house with my family. When the wind was strong enough it went up. It needs a bit stronger wind than other kites to fly. It went soaring upwards and it was easy to handle. It was one of the easiest kites to handle and I have now about 10 in my collection. It went up about 150m up and first door neighbors said they saw it from half a mile away. It would go even higher but I saw a light aircraft flying so I lowered it down. All in all one of the best buys. Just needs moderate wind and off it goes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for kids, 20 Mar 2014
Amazon Customer (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Box (Toy)
My kids love this kite. It flies well and is bright and attractive. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it's a bit of a fiddle setting it up and adding the supporting struts in strong wind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant kite, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Classic Box (Toy)
Needs some breeze to get going, but once aloft it just stays high in the sky. A very stable and beautiful kite. End sticks do bend a little when put in place, but that just helps kite hold its overall shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got lots of fun out of this, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Classic Box (Toy)
Got lots of fun out of this, dozens of trips, Ultimately rod ripped through material when unpacking in high wind.
But well made, and survived some strong wind adventures.

Classic Box