5.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with the dearer power blades
I have the Fusion Power razor, and have been buying the power blades. However, there is s big price difference between the manual and power ones, so I thought that I would take a chance and use the manual ones in my power fusion.

Published on 1 Feb 2010 by A. J. Parkes

1.0 out of 5 stars The power of advertising...
Published 12 months ago by G. Mcnally

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with the dearer power blades, 1 Feb 2010
A. J. Parkes "sekrapa" (Dudley, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Manual Razor Blades - 8 pack (Personal Care)

The only difference I have found is that the colour of the lubricating strip is blue instead of orange on the power, and the indicator strip is green not blue. The performance is exactly the same and you can save yourself a few notes in the process by using these instead.

They say that you should get 6 months use out of 8 blades. I have found that you will get a lot more. I use a blade for a full month, replacing it on the 1st of every month. After that, the blades do get a little blunt, but I could probably get a few more weeks out of them, but at the risk of scraping my skin a little. the indicator strip which is a visible sign that the blade needs changing tends to wear off after a few weeks, so I completely ignore this.

Advise anyone who has the excellent Fusion razor to use these blades, you will save money and get the same blades, but not colour co-ordinated to your power razor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value for fusion blades, 30 Jan 2014
Works out to 2 per blade, which is the cheapest you'll find anywhere (only Asda were able to match the price). They are genuine blades (used one yesterday) and come with three trays, which you can clip onto the bottom of your fusion blade holder. My fellow shavers should note that razor blades do not actually get 'dull' or 'blunt' after a few shaves, they just get clogged up with hair and skin, so don't throw them out after 3 or 4 shaves. You can clean the blades using a 'Razorpit' or 'Razorsharp' blade cleaner (I just ordered one), or if you don't want to spend money just grab an old pair of jeans and scrape your blade across it (against the normal shaving direction but keeping the blade upright). I can easily make 1 blade last 4 months or more (2 shaves a week), saves a fortune. Also the moisture strip doesn't affect your shave unless you have sensitive skin, so don't worry about wearing this away with the razorpit/sharp or jeans. Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep them dry and they will last longer!, 22 Oct 2010
The reason why razors go blunt is through corrosion so if you keep them dry they will last a month maybe more. The Science behind the 5 blades is to raise hair up and away from the skin prior to being cut, so each time a blade passes over it cuts a bit more off so you need fewer strokes and end up with a nice clean shave. Amazon sells them two to three quid cheaper than all high street super markets!

4.0 out of 5 stars That was a close shave, 22 Mar 2010
J. Morant "music lover" (Southampton UK) - See all my reviews
I know they are expensive, but the Gillette Fusion does give a very close shave. It seems best not to use
shaving oil though(eg King of Shaves) as with five blades, this does clog them up.
Not perfect, but a better shave than my previous blades - Mach3.

4.0 out of 5 stars The real deal with wasteful packaging, 1 Feb 2014
Genuine Gillette blades. Quite pricy as Gillette blades are, but cheaper ordered from Amazon than buying from local supermarket.

Losing one star because of the super wasteful packaging! Blades are in hard, clear plastic holders, one holder containing four blades and two other only three. The holders are in a plastic case, and this plastic case is then wrapped in plastic. Add to this the packaging by Amazon. Way too much waste for something that is a wasteful consumable in the first place. A big pile of plastic waste for just a couple of shaves. Seriously, Gillette needs to re-think their packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars razor blades, 12 July 2011
Easy purchase delivered promptly, but to be honest nowadays I can buy these blades as cheap in the local shops allowing for postage costs.

1.0 out of 5 stars The power of advertising..., 1 April 2013
G. Mcnally - See all my reviews
The Gillette Fusion razor was, I believed, the best thing out there to guarantee a close shave. Then someone got me to try an old fashioned safety razor using a blade that was a fraction of the price of a Fusion cartridge... and I got the closest shave I have ever had! True, there was a little technique to learn, it took all of fifteen minutes. Once done though, shaving became an inexpensive pleasure once again.
The fact that so many buy into the nonsense that multiple blades will give you a closer shave shows the immense power of advertising. The double sided safety razor is both quicker and cleaner and will cost you a fraction of this overpriced plastic contraption (hence environmentally better too). You can pick up 100 safety blades for a tenner on Amazon. At the rate I use them, that would last me for approximately five years. In the same time with the fusion you would have laid out something in the region of 160 (at least!) and not be as clean shaven. Back to the future guys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shave a man can get, 24 Dec 2009
Mr. John Richards "jrpl47pp" (Bristol, U.K.) - See all my reviews
After trying a great many different type of blades, and after many years of sticking to the Mach 3 Turbo blades, I am now a convert to Gillette Fusion. I did try some Tesco cheapies, but I looked like I had been attacked by a bunch of Ninja warriors. Fusion are of course the most expensive blades, true; but they outlast other types of blade by at least 3 times so are actually very cost-effective. And when you consider the great deals on toiletries at Amazon, what's not to like? I am more than satisfied with this product, especially from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fusion Blades, 24 Oct 2011
J. Dixon "JD" (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
Although these are some of the most expensive blades on the market, they do seem to be the best and least painful shave I have ever had and I have been using them for a long time now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Savings, 8 May 2010
S. Flynn (uk) - See all my reviews
we are always on the look out for grest savings and this was one. Even beating prices at boot fairs when we could find some.

ARRAY(0xa0e2db64)