5.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with the dearer power blades
I have the Fusion Power razor, and have been buying the power blades. However, there is s big price difference between the manual and power ones, so I thought that I would take a chance and use the manual ones in my power fusion.

Published on 1 Feb. 2010 by A. J. Parkes

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy
these blades are either defective or fake the green strip disappears once put in water also the gold enammle crumbles away they dont shave you once
Published 17 months ago by pam

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with the dearer power blades, 1 Feb. 2010
A. J. Parkes "sekrapa" (Dudley, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Manual Razor Blades - Pack of 8 (Personal Care)

The only difference I have found is that the colour of the lubricating strip is blue instead of orange on the power, and the indicator strip is green not blue. The performance is exactly the same and you can save yourself a few notes in the process by using these instead.

They say that you should get 6 months use out of 8 blades. I have found that you will get a lot more. I use a blade for a full month, replacing it on the 1st of every month. After that, the blades do get a little blunt, but I could probably get a few more weeks out of them, but at the risk of scraping my skin a little. the indicator strip which is a visible sign that the blade needs changing tends to wear off after a few weeks, so I completely ignore this.

Advise anyone who has the excellent Fusion razor to use these blades, you will save money and get the same blades, but not colour co-ordinated to your power razor.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy, 11 Oct. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Make them last longer., 22 April 2014
I use these Fusion manual blades instead of the power ones and they are good. However as with all Gillette blades they are expensive. But I reckon I have found a great way of making them last much longer. I buy a pack of BIC throwaways and use these to shave with the grain (downwards) This removes most of the stubble.Then I use my Gillette fusion blades to shave against the grain(upwards). I end up with a perfectly smooth skin, and I can make a Gillette blade last around two months. Brilliant.Try it and see for yourself. Bics only cost about a quid for 10,but go steady with them because they are sharp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep them dry and they will last longer!, 22 Oct. 2010
The reason why razors go blunt is through corrosion so if you keep them dry they will last a month maybe more. The Science behind the 5 blades is to raise hair up and away from the skin prior to being cut, so each time a blade passes over it cuts a bit more off so you need fewer strokes and end up with a nice clean shave. Amazon sells them two to three quid cheaper than all high street super markets!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shave a man can get, 24 Dec. 2009
Mr. John Richards "jrpl47pp" (Bristol, U.K.) - See all my reviews
After trying a great many different type of blades, and after many years of sticking to the Mach 3 Turbo blades, I am now a convert to Gillette Fusion. I did try some Tesco cheapies, but I looked like I had been attacked by a bunch of Ninja warriors. Fusion are of course the most expensive blades, true; but they outlast other types of blade by at least 3 times so are actually very cost-effective. And when you consider the great deals on toiletries at Amazon, what's not to like? I am more than satisfied with this product, especially from Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad it slices my hair, not my face, 16 Nov. 2009
My hair is thick and like steel wool, so shaving can be a painful dragging experience. I started using the fusion blades around two years ago and my first reaction was that having 5 blades is a surprising yet significant improvement on 3 blades of the M3. The tug on individual hairs feels less as the pulling force on the hairs is more distributed across the larger razor surface, I get fewer cuts due to this, I used to get on average around 7 cuts per shave, now its down to 1-3 each shave shaving every other day, that may still not sound good but is a big improvement for me.

I started with the fusion power razor but eventually never bothered to replace the battery as it wasn't doing that much for me having the razor vibrate (or emitting strange and wonderful waves of energy as the advert would have you believe, its just vibration!). Note that these ordinary fusion blades (not power blades) will still fit your fusion power razor! You are not tied down to use the more expensive fusion power blades with your fusion power razor as Gillette would have you believe. The standard fusion blades work perfectly well, vibration or no vibration.

The single blade for fine trimming is useless for me. I require this 5 bladed razor as it can make better work of my thicker hair, so trying to use the one blade is not useful, it cannot cut sideburns and in fact it rarely actually even catches a hair to be able to cut it, as if its too retracted into the shaver case and not able to get a good reach into a piece of hair. I guess it may work if you have thinner softer hair but then buying a five bladed top end razor seems like bit of a contradiction.

The blades actually wash surprisingly easily considering it has 5 blades close together. Over time it does clog up a bit more which suggests it has a coating that gradually wears down. I've managed to make each blade last me for about 2 months which then makes the expensive initial cost of these blades seem less prominent. While it is not as clean a shave as when you first take out a new one, it still lasts surprisingly long, retaining its ability to cut without an uneven pulling on the hair as a blunt blade may give.

Overall it's the best blade surface I've found to date, well until all the blade R&D around the world culminates in the giant leap forward for facekind of having 6 blades instead of 5!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fakes, 18 Jun. 2014
Good fakes but not as sharpe as the real thing and not as long lasting as the real thing. Half price for a reason. If you have skin like a elephant they are fine, if not you will get razor burn and cuts. Pay the money and get genuines

5.0 out of 5 stars Vary Good Blades - last a vary long time!, 13 Mar. 2011
Traffic (Kiruna, Sweden) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
These blades may seem expensive (though they are cheaper here on Amazon UK), but they do last a vary long time.

I am not sure there is actually any difference between these and the more expensive Gillette Fusion Power Blades - 8 Pack, (which are generally a couple of £ more expensive on the shops), apart from the colour. So even if you own the "Power" version of the razor itself, I would stick with these "manual" ones.

I am still on my first blade and have now come to the end of my 5th week of using it, and it is still going strong. Yes, you can feel that it is nowehere near as sharp as it was when it was fresh from the packet but, as I said, it is still giving a vary close shave without any associated razor burning rash. I have dark hair and have to shave every morning so they are out to the test.

The instructions state that you should change the blade when the colour stripe fades. Rubbish! Take no notice whatsoever! It is just a way of Gillette trying to get you to buy the blades more frequent than you really need to.

I would recommend these blades. Some people have complained that the blades, being 5, are too clumsy to shave the top lip. Nonsense! I have had no proplems whatsoever. There is even a single blade of the reverse of the blade head for shaving directly under the nose.

I am wondering when we'll start seeing the 6-blade razors out. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst blades I have ever bought, 9 Oct. 2013
I tried to shave using the first blade in the pack and was barely able to remove any stubble. Thinking it was a faulty blade, I loaded another with much the same result. The lube strip on both blades wore out in seconds, so I can only surmise that these were counterfeit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Savings, 8 May 2010
S. Flynn (uk) - See all my reviews
we are always on the look out for grest savings and this was one. Even beating prices at boot fairs when we could find some.