5.0 out of 5 stars A lot more sturdy than it looks and no filter-leakage
Published on 20 Oct 2008 by Dr. Rich Boden

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed Design
Published on 10 April 2010 by IntoEverything

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot more sturdy than it looks and no filter-leakage, 20 Oct 2008
Dr. Rich Boden "rich boden" (Plymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I've been using one of these every day for the last year and it's fantastic. I love leaf-tea but I find infusion balls/sticks often leak dust/leaves into the drink, which isn't nice. Although this teapot seems expensive, if you use it daily, it soon works out. It's made of very strong, heat-resistant glass (but the outside does get very hot, so be careful) and the press itself is very strong and easy to clean and doesn't leak dust/leaves at all, which is superb. This pot holds enough for about 2 decent cups of tea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Teapot ever. Breaks easily though!!!!, 7 May 2010
H. Lockhart (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum UK Classic Tea Press with Stainless Steel Infuser - 1.2 L (Kitchen & Home)
I love this teapot, it looks good, it is the best pouring teapot I've ever used & it makes a good cup of tea.

However if like me you are a bit clumsy you will find that they break very easily. This is actually the third Classic Tea press I've had. The first got broken when I opened a cupboard door above it and a jar of spices landed on the teapot, it shattered. . . The teapot not the spice jar.

The second was sitting in the sink and I managed to drop a cup on the handle, broken handle, useless teapot.

The fact that I keep buying them though shows how much I like them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit brittle but superb, 14 Dec 2011
Chris Cunningham (Ayr, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've had two of these now, which considering the price should speak for itself. Beautiful design with a high capacity and an elegant spout. The infuser is very sturdy and easy to remove / clean. The glass itself is thick enough not to *feel* fragile and obviously heat isn't a problem. That said, a glass teapot isn't for everyone, and dropping it onto a work surface or hitting it with a cup (not the hardest thing to do when in a hurry) makes a mess. Take care of it, though, and it's a wonderful product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed Design, 10 April 2010
IntoEverything (Holmfirth, England) - See all my reviews
After searching for a glass tea pot for some time I settled on this one with its classic shape and plunger to prevent over-steeping. From the first use I was pretty disappointed. The condensation that forms on the 'roof' of the pot doesn't look good for starters, the plunger is awkward to get into the filter, but worst of all the holes in the metal filter are too big. They let through lots of pieces of leaf from finer grade teas, which naturally floats in the pot and ends up in your cup. Finally the glass on the spout in particular is pretty thin, and I expect the slightest knock to crack it.

Whilst this tea pot might look great, it doesn't deliver on functionality or durability. Don't buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to be using loose leaf tea without a separte strainer, 2 Sep 2013
Great product, easy to use, good pourer, and solves the problem of keeping the tea at the required strength once brewed.

5.0 out of 5 stars glass teapot, 19 Jun 2013
this is only my second classic teapress, my previous one was in constant use for 13 years. It eventually was knocked on the side and the crack grew like those on windscreens! I used it for weeks until it seemed as if it might break while full of hot tea. My new one feels different, more solid, less delicate. However I am very pleased with it and people always comment on how nice a glass tea pot looks. I wonder if it will last as long as the first one!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bodum UK Classic tea press with stainless steel infuser, 0.6l, 29 Dec 2009
B. Myers "Velo" (Notts, England) - See all my reviews
This teapot works OK but the same companies milk frother does the job better and is somewhat cheaper