I am one of those men who should really shave twice a day, so any razor has its work cut out. The Gillette Fusion Power is the best wet shave razor I have used, however it does take a while to use it effectively. Recommended.

Pros
Value for money: A good close and comfortable shave for the price when compared to other razors.
Comfort: The main...
Published on 12 Dec. 2010 by DJM

3.0 out of 5 stars An Engineering feat - Are we having to pay for it ?
Published on 27 Oct. 2006 by Mr. N. F. Niblock

3.0 out of 5 stars An Engineering feat - Are we having to pay for it ?, 27 Oct. 2006
Mr. N. F. Niblock "Norm" (London, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Manual Razor (Personal Care)
I'd echo the previous review and say I've always used Gillette razors and the innovations the company has produced over the years have made shaving easier and less stressful on the face. The new fusion is easier to use than the Mach3, for me it produces a quick clean shave, the single blade is useful around the nose, ears (if you're that old)and side burns. The reason for the 3 stars is the price, £10 for 4 blades ?? Ridiculous. Gillette love the engineering, but during development think about the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Big aint better, 16 Aug. 2006
DM Webster "arakis2002" (Norfolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Manual Razor (Personal Care)
I have always used gillette razors and am always open to try their new experiments. But increasingly I'm getting dissatisfied with the new developments. The aloe vera makes the razor too slippery on my face, I can't really feel the benefit of having a vibrating blade and now, the piece de resistance, five blades... Hm. How many blades makes for a good shave? Admittedly on the flat parts of my face it works well but the ehad is too big to get round my top lip and chin/neck area leaving me feeling bristly. They've also changed the way the blade fits onto the razor meaning that you can't buy the cheaper blades or use the five blade blades on a different razor. I think gillette need to think about reducing costs as their razors are becoming a ridiculous price- they are disposable after all!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK shave but I prefer my old 3 blade Tesco razor, 22 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Manual Razor (Personal Care)
I decided to give the Gillette Fuson razor a try as it has been a while since I changed my razor. For the last few years I have used the Tesco own brand three blade razor which I have been very happy with but time passes and I though it worthwhile to check out the lastest developments. I have to say that I am not very impressed by the Gillette (mainly given its high price for replacement blades), it does give a very good shave but then so does the Tesco razor. In use however I found the Gillette to drag across the face (maybe the extra blades cause more friction), the larger head was also more difficult to use. I am not convinced by the vibrating action on the face either, it did not seem to make much difference if I had it on or off.

Despite what I have said it is a very good razor and gives a very good shave, my problem though is that my Tesco razor also gives an equally good shave and the smaller head makes it easier to use. What swings it for me though is that the Tesco blades are 27p each, the fusion blades are £2.75 each!!!! I am afraid I will be sticking with the Tesco razor.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very comfortable razor giving a close shave at a good price., 12 Dec. 2010
DJM "DJM" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

Pros
Comfort: The main advantage is that it gives a more comfortable shave (but see my tips below).
Long lasting blades: they last for over 12 shaves.
Integrated trimmer: each blade has an integrated trimmer that is very effective for those hard to reach areas.

Cons
Takes a while to use effectively: I have found the following:
Don't press too hard
Don't leave the blade stationary on you face (for example when shaving under the nose) as this can cause a cut.
Use a good shaving cream and do not wet your face before applying the cream as this keeps the lather thicker.
You need to turn the razor over to use the trimmer.
A large blade head:the head of the blade is a little big for placement close to the nose (but the trimmer can be used instead).
Closeness of shave: I would assess the shave as closer than a normal three bladed razor but not dramatically so.
Needs a battery:it is not as comfortable to use or as effective when the battery starts to run out, so keep one in the cupboard.

1.0 out of 5 stars The marketing is better than the engineering, 5 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Manual Razor (Personal Care)
When I've used the blades I've bought, it's back to the Mach3 for me. It gives me a better, closer, more comfortable shave than this over-complicated device. Not too bad on the first use, but after that it seems blunt, and thus uncomfortable. I can't believe Gillette have got this so wrong - a couple of my friends have reported similar results and dissatisfaction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gillette Fusion Power blades TOO Expensive £££ SAVE yourself £££'s, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Manual Razor (Personal Care)
While I must give Gillette the deserved full credit for the performance of their new Fusion Proglide Power razor-it does shave well-I am not a "Happy Bunny" when it comes to buying myself new blades/cartridges as they are Very EXPENSIVE!Having said this I am now using pattern/copy cartridges (which are no doubt made in China)and paying £14.99 per 16 including delivery by post and I can't feel any difference in the quality of shave that I get from them.As the cheapest genuine Gillette blades are about £30.00 for the same quantity it is a heck of a saving,like 50%.You can buy the blades direct from DK88shop on the internet(£29.99/16) or through Living Social Deals who sell vouchers which gain you a big discount-currently a £10.00 voucher buys you 16 blades although you then must pay another £4.99 extra for postage/packing charges.This is a good deal in my eyes.They also sell other blades/cartridges for other makes of razors at the same price.I only wrote this review because I was on Amazon buying a new Gillette proglide power razor for the best price possible(I needed a new handle as mine had packed up on me) and after checking out the price of genuine Gillette blades thought that some of the review readers would possibly also be interested in saving themselves money by using copy/fake/pattern blades like me.Last month when I bought my blades they sold 8,000 vouchers for them so it's a big money thing and something that can't be avoided unless we all grow beards.The big manufacturers all charge so much for their genuine replacement blades (which also are probably made to order for them in China,just like my copies)so I have opted to use copy/fake/pattern blades which fit perfectly into the razor handle and seem to me to do exactly the same job for 1/2 the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars My razor, 30 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Manual Razor (Personal Care)
Having seen this razor in a major retail store and then looked at it on Amazon I could not believe the difference in price.
I am not suprised by the quality of the razor as I owned the same model previously but I am still amazed at the price saving of both the razor and the blades which are about half the price of that in store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me..., 14 Sept. 2008
P. Miller - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Manual Razor (Personal Care)
I don't like this at all. 5 blades so close together they get clogged instantly on anything but the shortest beard. The thing also leaves my face raw and the one time I tried the vibrating function the damn thing cut me. I've gone back to the Mach III.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best wet shave that I've had, 21 July 2014
John Boy (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Manual Razor (Personal Care)
It has over-the-top looks but it does an excellent job although the light plastic construction gives little feel. A small battery driven trimmer is a the rear for trimming facial hair. My wife bought the razor when I was bed-bound in hospital, thinking that it was an electric razor not a wet razor. However, this is now my everyday razor instead of a Gillette Mach 3. The minus is the cost of the blades.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two bad design faults, 12 May 2008
J. Hind "John Hind" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Manual Razor (Personal Care)
The unprotected trimming blade on the back of the head is very dangerous in my experience if you are at all clumsy or if, like me, you have problems making the mental reversal for working in a mirror. Several times I badly lacerated my face due to capsising the head and pressing the trimming blade into my flesh. I got so nervous of this that I now coat the trimming blade with epoxy glue before use!

I am not convinced the power feature makes any difference when shaving, but it does certainly help with cleaning (which would otherwise be difficult with so many blades). But the power switch is a very bad design. It is a light-touch push button and keeps getting operated accidently during handling.

Gillette Fusion Manual Razor