5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful gem of British comedy
I bought this having watched series 4 during my first year at uni and remembering finding it absolutely hilarious. I didn't know what to expect from the first three series as the characters where different and I half expected it to take a while to find its feet, I was very very wrong. It is an absolute gem from the word go, the first two series rotate around the lives of...
Published on 26 Mar 2008 by Rob

3.0 out of 5 stars A series that should be separate after the third
As I live in Germany and am a Montessori teacher I thought this would be fun - a look at how the other half lives! It was very good and I would recommend it whole heartedly. Unfortunately the fourth series is very different - due to the contract for the school location. It was good but did not fit with the other three.
Published on 11 Sep 2009 by S. Peart

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Andrew Lincoln, 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
Love Andrew Lincoln. It gets a bit dull after he leaves, but this is a great sitcom of it's time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn Good Series, 22 Mar 2007
This review is from: Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
I rember this program when it first came on and i thought it was absolutely hailarious then and it still has its charms. Although admitedly series 3 onwards it does start to get a little slow!

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
I like Teachers and would recommend this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Light relief for teachers everywhere!, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
As funny as I remembered!

5.0 out of 5 stars jojo, 1 May 2009
This review is from: Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
This dvd was fantastic value and it was very very funny Worth buying for quality and value

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Aug 2014
J. Walsh - See all my reviews
Great stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb comedy drama, 22 Jun 2012
W. Coleman (Derby, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
Being a big fan of This Life I was eager to see this series with the return of Egg (Andrew Lincoln). Whilst season 1 is centered around Lincoln's character Simon, it becomes obvious he is a self absorbed, incompetent buffoon who becomes hugely annoying - luckily the supporting cast rescues the remainder of the series and by the time Simon leaves in series 2, this has matured into a superb comedy drama.

The flawed characters of Jenny, Bryan, Kurt and Susan are the lifeblood of this underrated classic that , unlike Waterloo Road, knew when to stop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Teachers series 1-4, 17 Jan 2011
This review is from: Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
It takes a while for the BBC shows to get to us here is Aus, but I just HAD to get the Teachers series. The first seasons are being rerun here at present on one of our new digital chanels and I just loved it the first time around.

Another BBC production I thoroughly enjoyed, and can't wait to get my hands on, is the "My Family" box series, but, alas, Amazon UK only has it as location 2. We are location 4 in Australia - bummer.
I also purchased the box series of "Spooks". Arrived half way around the world about a week later and it was so good to see the beginning of the series again.
Like most series, the first are always the best, and sooo hard to get hold of.

Congratulations to Amazon UK - you deliver so quickly! Teachers took an extra couple of days than Spooks, but it was the festive season, so no disgruntlement from this end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to be missed!, 25 Feb 2009
Mr. C. Mcdougall (Bromsgrove, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
This is an absolute bargain for the complete series.

I had seen a couple of the series when they were originally on TV.
Not quite as entertaining as newer series like Waterloo Road, but still very good.

Definately worth watching.

P.S. Picture quality is excellent (on PS3 with HDTV).

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong!, 2 April 2008
This review is from: Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
I own this whole series in the separate sets, but buying the complete series in one is probably cheaper. Anyhow, the whole series is wonderful and dreadully funny, and, a major plus, some good looking guys to feast your eyes on too, the best of the lot being Arnie Lawson, played by Peter England in the first series, he is so utterly yummy and gorgeous looking, then there is Brian and Kurt of course, though not exactly as lovely looking as Arnie, they are very appealing characters, and then from the end of episode two, we have Matt, who is very nice looking, and then in series four, we have lovely Ben, so, plenty of fanciable guys to drool over! Not much in the female line, apart from Penny, but then I guess she makes up for the lack of female talent in the rest, though Jenny is not bad, the females in the series are none as good looking as the males, though I know it is a matter of taste and personally, I don't find Simon attractive at all, though many people seem to, so I guess there may be some viewers who prefer Liz or even Carol, but for me at least, I felt I was well catered for in the hottie stakes, especially with Arnie! And the comedy of the series is unsurpassed by anything, so wonderfully non-PC! Wish there was a series five, six and seven too! Even more outrageous. It would be so cool.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD]
Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD] by Reza Moradi (DVD - 2006)
12.07