Gregory Bridgerton believes in love; with seven besottedly happy siblings, he'd be a fool not to. But he's never been in love himself, and at the ripe old age of twenty-six, he's just ready and waiting for it to happen. Any day now. No rush, you know. It would just be nice...

Then he sees her. Just the back of her neck, but it's enough, and it's perfect. It's love.

Being the best friend of Hermione Watson is not always the easiest of tasks, because Hermione is beautiful. In the three years of their friendship, Lady Lucy Abernathy has seen a lot of lovesick fools, and can spot one at twenty paces. When Gregory Bridgerton joins the rest, Lucy realises that this is the man her friend should marry, because he's just so much better than the rest.

But Hermione has different ideas, and a love in mind all of her own. She saw the back of his neck, and she just knew...

And so the final Bridgerton tale is upon us, and it's back to the witty romps that Julia Quinn excels at, and while we're at it, we'll take a side swipe at love at first sight. Poor Gregory, like Francesca he's been one of the quiet Bridgertons, but appearences from Anthony, Kate, Violet, Hyacinth and Colin manage to keep it in the family. That doesn't mean that Gregory doesn't suffer. In fact I think it's safe to say that (with the possible exception of Daphne in 'The Duke and I') no Bridgerton has ever had to work harder to gain their HEA.

When he finally figures out what it is he's working for, that is.

Lucy herself is a sweet-natured mixture of practicality and loyalty. She likes things to be nice and neat for everyone, and does all she can to keep it that way. If she some times forgets to look after herself at the same time, well, that doesn't matter, as long as everyone else is happy. Her near-identical conversations with Hermione and Gregory about love are a fabulous example of rational confusion amongst idealistic dreamers.

For me this book improves on every reread. The first time I found Hermione highly irritating, but now I regard her as merely silly. It's always a joy to read Anthony and Kate, no matter how little the former improves with age, and Hyacinth is as nosily charming as ever.

But this book is more about Lucy learning to put herself first, and Gregory realising that some things in life are truly worth fighting for, than it is about the Bridgerton clan. Which is as it should be, considering how little a part to play he's had in the other books. This might well be why it's not rated as highly as the other seven by most people.

However, with twists, turns and breathless dashes across London, this tale brings the Bridgertons to a worthy (and chucklesome) close. Give it a try, then read it again. It is worth it. And if you haven't read the other seven, go and grab 'The Duke and I'. If you have, but they're the only JQ you've read, go read her other seven.

This is an author who is not to be missed.
on 3 February 2011
I have read many of Julia Quinn's books but I have to say that towards the end of the Bridgerton series I began to feel that things were getting a little repetitive.

I have long been a fan of regency romance (first introduced to Georgette Heyer by my grandmother as a young teenager) and was introduced to Julia Quinn by a friend quite recently. What instantly struck me about Julia Quinn's books was the strength of characters. The few historical inaccuracies, though noticeable do not generally detract from the story.

Unfortunately, though this book was still an enjoyable read, I was a little disappointed. I felt the lead characters, Gregory and Lucy, were not as well developed as normal and as the series progressed I found that the characters from the previous books in this series become increasingly stilted with the exception of Violet Bridgerton.

It would also find it refreshing if the "naughty" scenes had a little more variety to them from book to book, they seem to be written to a formula.

I recommed this book as a conclusion to the rest of the series but I would not recommend it as the starting point for anyone reading the books out of sequence.
on 3 February 2014
I like Gregory. He is clearly a romantic, a bit iike his brother Benedict. He was bound to be seeing his 7 siblings happily married. I must admit though, after that very funny conversation between him and Hyacinth in "It's in His Kiss", I expected more of wit. Instead I wanted to shake him at the beginning of this book for being such a lovesick fool, mooning over Miss Watson when clearly Lucy was made for him. . It didn't help that at that point we were reintroduced to my favourite Bridgerton couple Anthony and Kate and I couldn't help but want to read more about them instead. Still once Gregory had realised where his heart lay I couldn't help but root for him and Lucy. The story became very exciting and this is the first time I have had to read straight through to the end because I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next.

All in all, very satisfactory end to the series. I will now check out the second epilogue in "The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After."
on 17 November 2011
I love Julia Quinn's Books and this one was no exception, They are great for a bit of escapism and they are written with a dash of humour too they always make me smile. Having read all of the Bridgerton series I love the way the brothers and sisters are so disrespectful towards one another but love one another really, With all Julia's books once started have to finish it!
on 11 January 2011
I bought this for my mum as part of her Christmas present as it was the only one in the series of books that she didn't have. She loves this series and read it in no time and and describes it as a really easy and enjoyable read.
on 21 January 2014
I've always loved Julia Quin and I love the Bridgerton series - this didn't disappoint and I have now read all of the series!! I highly recommend that you buy these books!
on 22 February 2015
I am a great fan of all of Julia Quinn's books I have read and re-read all the Brigerton books and absolutely loved everyone of them, fantastic books great caricatures and story lines.
I have all of Julia Quinn's book's absolutely love everyone. she is one of the best authors of historical romance books. Even though I re-read her books I never get bored with them. I love reading a set of books about the same family because you get to know all the family. You will not be disappointed Highly recommended.
on 7 July 2006
It is very sad to think this is the last of the Bridgertons. It is a delightful romance. Gregory is very like Colin I thought.

I have loved the series and it ends on a high note. I would really give it 4.5 stars, it just misses on 5 stars because I felt there was not long enough to develop the relationship between the hero and heroine. They do not spend enough time together, don't have long enough to get to know each other, and I wanted to know them both more. However, a book which leaves you wanting more has got to be good.
on 24 May 2013
i have bought all of her books and can't wait for more to come out, they are a really easy read
on 11 January 2014
So, it was the last one. I was both looking forward to it and dreading saying goodbye to the Bridgertons.
It wasn't bad as I had been afraid it might be, with high expectations and all. Great plot and romance and the meet-cutes, all in place. Gregory Bridgerton though is not as well-defined as his brothers and he's right in suspecting that he isn't as heroic as they are. But towards the end, just as he is coming up to mark, Lucy, the wonderful tenacious Lucy, says to Lord Haselby, who has been established as NOT being interested in women, and from whom she herself has just escaped most fortunately, 'But do you still wish for a wife? Because I could help you find one, once I'm settled that is.'
A heroine I had rooted for and liked throughout the book suddenly changes and emerges as this cruel woman, who is happy to make another woman a victim of a loveless, sexless marriage. Why? It was a terrible betrayal. I wish it could be edited and got rid of, because it leaves such a bad taste in the mouth. The rest of the book pales in comparison to this huge let down. At least for me it did. Lucy Abernathy transformed in a space of minutes from heroine to antagonist. Not a way to remember the last Bridgerton book.