Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 22 November 2011
I use Skype a lot for providing support for our customers worldwide. Previously I had to use a headset as the microphone I used to have kept feeding back through the speakers. This microphone solves all those problems and the customers can hear me loud and clear.
on 26 September 2011
Bought for my parents so they could Skype. Plug in and go, quality much better than the microphone they had been using, picks up voices absolutely fine from several feet away.
on 28 July 2009
This type of device is very good when more than one person is talking on Skype. The microphone is excellent value, very sensitive and picks up voice from more than 2 metres away, highly directional so loss of some volume when turned away from the speaker. A very good buy.
on 22 March 2013
Delivery was quick but did not fit through the letterbox.
The sound quality of the microphone is very good and calls using Skype do not sound as if I am talking down the loo like my othe one does!
Recommended.
on 27 June 2011
This is a very cool item easy to install and it works really well. One little problem was it was too quiet -so went to control centre - audio devices, reset volumes there and everything was fine. Cheap, effective, easy to use what more could you want?
on 8 March 2013
I bought this mic, because the fan on my Sony Vaio computer creates noise that interferes with in-built mic. The plantronics mic works extremely well, no background (fan) noise and extremely clear voice pick up with mic approx 60cm from me . I totally recommend this mic.
on 12 April 2016
Pros: Excellent sound for VOIP such as Skype or Teamspeak with a mute switch which is very useful when gaming etc

Cons: This Mic claims to have noise supression but it does pick up keyboard key clicks quite easily, I found that the Agc enable/disable button is the same as Mic boost which in most cases must be checked for anyone to be able to hear you on voice applications.A bit fiddly with the monitor mount supplied, takes a bit to work out where to put it, as it seems to be designed for old fashioned CRT Monitors and not flat screen Monitors. However I used the base that it comes fitted to and it's OK.Quite heavy in fact so should not move too much on ones desktop.

Summary: An excellent low cost Mic sound is great very clear indeed and believe me over the years I have tried many different Mics from expensive ones to ultra cheap, this is easily the best one so far.
on 1 April 2016
Yes - this microphone is good. Plug and play, well angled and doesnt take much space on the desk,
Its used with my son;s gaming PC. Works well for Skype and videoing so far and replaces a cheaper one that quickly stopped responding and had to be returned. The cheaper one was from a brand Kinobo.
This one much better and is recommended. Its my son who uses it - so we've had it quite a few months now and its been knocked around onto the carpet occasionally etc - so its hardy enough for older children to use. Hope this review is helpful x
on 1 October 2013
Found that using a cheap PS3 bluetooth earpiece on my desk with wireless headphones on wasn't very clear across skype.
So instead of buying a headset with a mic since I had perfectly decent headphones I opted for this after checking out reviews of quite a few other options. Testing with windows sound recorder found that the output was a lot clearer than the bluetooth earpiece. Quite happy with the sound quality for the price. Confirmed with friends that it is considerably better over Skype than previous microphone. Would buy again if I needed another cheap desktop microphone.
on 18 October 2012
Much better quality of sound than the internal microphone on my new laptop that suffers from severe feedback. Easy to set up and use, though maybe a bit fiddly to locate in optimum position. Good price and delivery.