4.0 out of 5 stars My Phone
I was after this model of phone for some while and when I saw this one I knew that it was the one for me, it has a good memory and the ability to create you own ring tones, and pictures. also well as making calls which is all I want from a phone, and this for me ticks all my boxs.
Published on 28 Aug 2009 by Steven Hinton

1.0 out of 5 stars this is bad all day long
ONE STAR IS WAY TO HIGH ... I recently purchased a Motorola Razr V3x mobile phone on the internet from Amazon , I have had Motorola mobile phone before and have had no trouble unfortunately this mobile phone Motorola Razr V3x was okay at first I think . Now it keeps switching off or leaving a white light on when closed ? Also has a message .
BOOT LOADER...
Published on 13 April 2012 by easy

4.0 out of 5 stars My Phone, 28 Aug 2009
Steven Hinton "Steve" (upton, wirral United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars V3x - Brillant, 23 Nov 2006
B. Jones (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola V3X - Sim Free Handset (Electronics)
This phone has a big screen and large keys, as well as the 2mp camera whihc does take good picture. 3G person to person video is great. Charge lasts 4 days. I am now on my second, lost the first, so would recommend it

1.0 out of 5 stars this is bad all day long, 13 April 2012
BATTERY OK
OK TO PROGRAM
TRANSFER MODE:
SERIAL RS-232 I
I have tried to use the CD that came with mobile twice and both time's it has crash my computer .

I have tried to resolve this problem with Amazon (Ken) & Motorola all have past the blame and shrugged responsibility . I have been past from pillar to post told at first by Motorola out of warranty then not then I will have to pay for phone calls posting of the phone for repair if they can repair it because it came from Hong Kong ???.

Beware Amazon .co.uk ken 2011 the crap rap deal

Yes the Amazon ken 2011 crap rap deal beware
if you shop on the internet at some point you will get burnt I guarantee it unlike amazon ken 2011 this is how goes .
Amazon .co.uk ken 2011 advertise on the internet )( CONDITION NEW MOBILE PHONE , SIM FREE HANDSET TOTAL COST 84.54 $133.835 CA$ 135.900 Australian Dollar$ 134.765 AUD 104.461 EURO
Indian Rupee 7,355.41 INR

I BUY THE PHONE '' OPPS '' I CHARGE THE BATTERY IT LIGHTS UP I TRY TO PUT CONTACT S IN IT LOOKS OKAY
THE BATTER NEEDS CHARGING AS TIME GOES ON MORE AND MORE THEN ERROR CODES LIGTH ON AND STAYS ON ALL THE TIME . SO I TRY THE C/D THAT CAME WITH THE PHONE THIS CRASHED MY PC TWICE LOST ALL MY INFO GONE FOR GOOD. NOTHING WORK S' ON THE PHONE NOW ?

I CONTACT MOTORLA THEN SEND ME ROUND IN CIRCLES THEN Motorola tell me your phone is a unit from Hong Kong, designed for the Asian market, and that it is subsidy lock with a local network provider. not able to repair your phone since it is a Hong Kong unit, and due to hardware differences our repair centres are not able to repair it due to the lack of necessary parts and is also out off warranty and Amazon are not a Motorola dealer ,THEY WILL DO NOTHING

SO I CONTACT AMAZON AND AMAZON KEN 2011 BOTH WILL DO NOTHING SAY NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM AND HAVE ME GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES .THIS IS THE STORY OF MY LIFE JAN TO THE END OF MAY SO FAR SO IF THE
Amazon ken 2011 crap rap deal IS FOR YOU CARRY ON
IF NOT

Beware Amazon ken 2011 and the crap rap deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this phone, 19 July 2011
M. Charlton (East Riding) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola V3X - Sim Free Handset (Electronics)
I had a similar older version of this phone many years ago and was delighted to find this one on the market. I really like the stability of it, I am not keen on light phones that I feel can break easily so this one does the trick for me. It does everything I want, I am not a hight volume user but I am sure there are lots of features I dont even know exist. Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars v3x mobile phone, 19 Jun 2011
This review is from: Motorola V3X - Sim Free Handset (Electronics)
this phone is nice looking phone, i have always liked the motorola v3x,they are sturdy and robust and do the job.

1.0 out of 5 stars phone uses too much battery energy, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Motorola V3X - Sim Free Handset (Electronics)
useless product that requires frequent battery charging. Usually if no talking for one and half day the battery would last. I have already changed twice the battery but the problem is still there.

5.0 out of 5 stars V3x Mobile Phone, 6 Nov 2011
This review is from: Motorola V3X - Sim Free Handset (Electronics)
This is a second hand phone but it's like it's brand new. Very good quality and the battery is good as well. It's a reliable Mobile Phone and it won't let you down.

5.0 out of 5 stars motorola v3x phone, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Motorola V3X - Sim Free Handset (Electronics)
i bought a v3x in 2005. i fell in love with it . i lossed it in 2010.i went around every phone shop in my area.and i could not obtain one.and in 2013 i was on the amazon web site and found one.at the moment i have windows smart phone.but i would rather have my v3x any time

4.0 out of 5 stars SOFTWARE DISK FOR V3X, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Motorola V3X - Sim Free Handset (Electronics)
Often when buying these mobiles second-hand you do not get a software disk with it. These disks are well worth purchasing from another source if not included with the mobile.

These mobiles have Internet access. But, as with most mobiles, memory is limited and certain sites are not accessible. However, when the software disk is installed on your PC or laptop this then enables the mobile to be connected to the pc or laptop via a mini usb cable and for the pc/laptop to then be used for full Internet access whilst the mobile phone is used as a 'modem'. The speed can be a little slow, but is well worth using it in this way as it opens you up to a much greater range if you do not have a landline for Internet.

And if you are on T-Mobile (EE) remember that Internet access is 1 a day. However, at the time of typing this, you can get a month of Internet for 5 by texting MONTHWEB to 441. You can also get six months Internet for 20. This is done by texting 6MONTHWEB to 441. But check the official site for any changes to prices. But, these prices and deals are (for some obscure reason) hidden away and difficult to find. So, you could always ring their customer service line on 150 to verify these. But this IS chargeable to ring this if speaking to a person at T-Mobile. Otherwise, 150 is a free number.

When using Internet you DO have to keep within a fair usage policy. And you get a reminder when you have reached 80%. And, after you exceed 100% you can still browse but downloading restrictions then apply.

The connection is not as reliable as a landline, but I think it is great and at these prices it is a great deal. But, when downloading the Microsoft Security Essentials this can take hours and connections are sometimes lost OR the battery needs to be charged. But microsoft usually remember how much was downloaded and often takes up from where it left off when you re-connect and then finishes off the download. So, be patient. But, when the mobile is connected to a pc/laptop it gets a certain amount of 'charge' and the battery can get quite hot when on the Internet for extended periods, so keep the mobile well ventilated and do not cover it. Personally, I (FIRSTLY) close the flip so the BIG screen is hidden and allowed to turn off. I then remove the 'battery cover' and leave the phone on a table and place the mobile phone 'upside down' so the battery is pointing upwards and mobile is resting on its small screen. This lets a lot of heat escape. But, ALWAYS monitor the phone and NEVER cover it. And I would certainly say do NOT leave the mobile on soft furnishings where the heat is allowed to build up. But this is MY cautious nature. But I think it's a fair point as heat should ALWAYS be allowed to escape. And, as I say, when on the Internet for quite a while (whilst connected to a pc or laptop) the phone DOES get quite hot. So, be careful.

Even though there is CERTAIN amount of charging to the battery whilst connected to a pc or laptop, the battery CAN still go flat, and varies a lot as to how long battery lasts. Personally, I have a few batteries and when one becomes flat whilst on the Internet I then (FIRSTLY) disconnect the mobile from the laptop and remove the flat battery and put in a fully-charged one and then RECONNECT the mobile to the laptop. I then recharge any flat batteries at a later time when I am NOT using the phone.

As regards Internet access, there are one or two of these models which (for some reason) do not have Internet access. But this is very rare and is usually when software has been changed in the phone by suppliers. But, this change is usually in the description of the item. But, just check desriptions carefully to ensure Internet access IS available and do try to get software disk if you wish to use the Internet on a PC or laptop whilst using the v3x as a modem.

I got my v3x second-hand and bought my Motorola instruction manual/software disk from Ebay seller for a few pounds. But, it is just pot luck if someone HAS one or sale. But, it is worth persevering to keep a check for anyone who has one to sell.

Hope this helps.
Jeff

2.0 out of 5 stars Motorola Flip Phone V3xx, 26 Dec 2012
This review is from: Motorola V3X - Sim Free Handset (Electronics)
The newer V3i and V3x have snags compared with the earlier V3. Main snag is that the external screen is bigger and is much easier to smash (For example if you bump into something when it is in your shirt pocket) Waterproofing is also dismal. If your shirt pocket doesn't have a button-down flap and you bend down the phone will make a dive. In one case the phone dropped into the bilge of my boat. Although it was snatched out a split second later and dried with a towel it kept crackling for two days. The water was just rain water but the phone would not work again until it was dried with a dehumidifier for about a week. Like most mobiles it really needs to be kept in a hand-bag.

Advantage of flip phones is that unlike a candy bar phone most of them won't redial from ones pocket but some of them do in fact have external buttons (FAIL!) The Samsung 1150i is excellent for not redialling and there is no external screen to get broken. Unfortunately the internal screen is rather poor and for texting one may need reading glasses. Nevertheless if ones V3 or V3i goes belly-up the Samsung will do for the time being.

Motorola V3X - Sim Free Handset