on 7 April 2014
The calculator arrived promptly and functions correctly, the keys are a good size and feel very sturdy to the touch and very responsive. The solar panel power seems to work well in variable lighting and the calculator has far more functions than I will ever need to use.
on 9 September 2015
Great for me on site. As a site engineer I need a quick source of calculation fairly regularly. However, if you don't want to risk damaging a dearer one this is a great little calculator but not one you are going to cry over if the excavator runs over it !
on 15 July 2016
I had to return it simply because the instructions were in german! - different calculator makers use different sequences for data eg inputting mathematical data - so to use it to its full extent /capability one needs to know which way to enter the data to acvhieve the correct solution - its hard enough in english! It does appear to be a good calculator with large digits.
on 21 August 2011
I needed a calculator with reliable x to the power y and memory functions for an investment examination.
This was the only calculator I found which can do this in a simple intuitive way. All the others I looked at added unnecessary complexity which could lead to errors in an exam.
The only thing I would change is the button size which is a bit small for my banana fingers.
By the way; I passed.
on 17 February 2014
no english instructions provided for the complex functions. not much good when you are a student ust starting out.
Amazon sent another - again no English instructions. Pretty poor when you place the order in England
on 7 August 2009
Casio fx-82 Solar Fraction

The fx-82 Solar is a new design of the classic fx-82, which has adopted the design guidelines of the Algebra fx 2.0 Plus. The fx-82 series' features have not changed since the mid 80's, because it is in essence a fully developed calculator and is the reason why the series has survived the times. However, it has two new features which cannot be found in earlier models - a solar panel, making it power independent and very light and slim, and a backspace key. But because of it is solar powered it does not store anything when the power is turned off, and it becomes rather sluggish under dim light conditions. But, the solar panel is both the calculator's advantage and disadvantage. Power independent - but to a price.
on 13 June 2014
Looks a good quality surdy calculator which seems to have all the scientific functions. The only problem is that all the instructions were in German! My fault I am sure but I am surprised the instructions were not written in English.
on 30 March 2015
Great old school calculator.
on 27 March 2014
a nice machine - same as my old one but the solar must be better as it never switches off - problem ! the instructions are only in German. Is it possible to have some English ones
on 11 May 2015
Does exactly what it says but slightly small buttons for me and solar option takes a while to kick in under indoor conditions unless good light source overhead