on 4 December 2009
Great little tape measure, which I found ideal in measure my chnaging body shape. Pull it out like a normal retractable tape measure, then there's a handy latch to create a complete loop and hold it in place. Great!

That said, the latch is easily knocked out which can be annoying unless you adapt and take care when taking you measurements.
on 26 October 2010
This is a really clever little gadget. While losing weight I wanted to not only weigh, but measure myself, however there's no question, I was pulling the tape measure tighter and tighter each week! Then ... I bought this inspired little item. No more cheating. I know for sure what my measurements are as it supplies the correct (and constant!) tension each and every time. Absolutely brilliant!
on 16 May 2009
Got this little thing for myself to see my progress. Small achievements in body building isa the motivation we all need. Thsi tape is easy to use on its own though the box itself does not hold instructiosn on how to measure this or that body part appropriately, i am sure you wont find trouble finding this part out in google yourself. :) I recommend this to all people who dont know their accurate measurements and want to track those! Excellent product.
on 3 September 2012
This works and is pretty sturdy. The reason I got it is that it's very consistent with the measuring tension - which means no cheating. Well, little cheating - if you suck your tummy in you'll fool it, but then you're only cheating yourself aren't you? Good on waists, hips and necks. God knows how the muscles on the packaging manages to use it to measure his bicep - the "catch" to hold the other end of the tape it a bit fiddly and I can't get it into place one handed. The tape does both inches and centimetres but is very inches biased - the inches scale is about 3x the size of the centimetre one. I'm happy with that but decimal devotees may not be.
All in all a good body measuring tape, but it won't replace a good household one for non human measuring.
on 7 March 2012
I bought this as I have recently started a weight loss programme and wanted to be able to take accurate measurements to track my progress. I find the tape measure tricky to use - it is fiddly and no easier to handle than a normal tape measure. I have also found that the tape measure does not always form a "snug" fit around the area being measured - around my chest for example, there is always a big gap at the back so the measurement is not accurate. Overall no worse than a normal tape measure but I wouldn't spend the money on this again.
on 12 November 2010
This is a decent little item.

I have been using this for a few weeks now, and it works well. Good for getting a measurement of yourself if you are alone, or don't want to inflict your naked form on anyone else.

Two minor issues:

- As mentioned in another review, the "latch" which forms the loops is easily knocked out. A minor frustration.
- If using the latch and release method, the device is only accurate to within roughly 3cm. Personally I would prefer the notches in the device to be smaller, so measurement is more accurate. To explain, if you can see the tape, you can read off the measurement directly. But if you are measuring an area where you can't read it, then you need to take the measurement, and un-latch the tape to remove it. The tape then snaps back to the nearest notch, which are about 2.75cm (inch and a bit) apart.

I would still recommend this tape measure, its just not quite perfect.
on 26 September 2009
The big recommendation for this device is the constancy of tension so that measurements taken over a period of weeks or months can fairly be compared. It is so easy normally to 'cheat' and pull a bit harder on the tape!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I respect all the 5-star reviews of this product, but I have a different opinion about it.

I give it a three star rating for the following reasons:

The plastic is very, very flimsy. The tape feels like it won't last too much because the material is too soft.

The main reason why I removed stars though, is because this tape is called "accu measure", but there is nothing accurate about it.

First, there is a button in the centre that should allow the tape to be freely pulled out, or to unlock the tape so that it can go tight around the body part you're measuring. This button is pointless. You can just pull the tape out just fine without pressing it, and when you press the button to tighten the tape, you find that when you remove it from your body, it still goes back a centimetre or so inside, so the "accu" part has nothing accurate about it.

Second, for this price they should have sent instructions on how to measure some body parts, but there was no such thing in the packaging. For a product that tries to be user friendly, I find it quite ridiculous that they didn't include instructions on how to properly measure at least your waist. Some people might read this and think that it's a silly thing to say, but when you never measured yourself before, you really don't know where to position the tape. A Google search didn't help.
If you're just writing the data on a piece of paper or typing into a spreadsheet, it could be okay, but when you're using it to record data into a tracking website or software, or because the doctor asked you to, then the lack of guidance becomes an annoyance and the lack of accuracy is shameful when the product itself is called "accu measure".

For a glorified piece of plastic that costs almost £6, this product lacks accuracy, quality, and instructions. The packaging is also bad. It's that type of annoying plastic that's hard to cut around to open. I'd not recommend this item. You would be better off buying a normal tape to measure yourself, this doesn't make it any more easy than that and it's one more thing to fiddle with. You can also use the tape to measure other stuff, whereas with this, you'll only be able to measure your body.

Bottom line? The product is not worth the price, so save yourself some cash and buy a normal tape.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 June 2013
It's cheap and I don't ask a lot. I just find tedious the way the plug hooks in the machine. Unless you hold it all the time it slips out easily. Specially measuring the biceps. It should have been something that stays hooked or some how tighter.
on 24 February 2009
As already mentioned, this product is great, it is accurate and easy to use, much much much easier than using a normal tape measure. I found it difficult to try hold it in place and then read the measurement, and to make sure it is secure and not too loose etc etc. This product makes sure that it isnt too tight but is a snug fit giving you accurate measurements each time.

The product seems durable and will last a long time. Definitely worth buying for those that want to lose weight but do not want to rely on just the scales, as you may of lost fat, but gained muscle hence not losing weight but losing inches/cm.

Recommended product!