Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 October 2010
A few years ago RCA released a half dozen or so of buget priced "Elvis" cds, a few of which I have purchased, and this particular cd was the first to catch my eye, as of all these budget cds this one looked the outstanding pick of the bunch, and two years later I still stand by that appraisal. This cd is still available on Amazon and at half the price that I paid for it, and I would urge any "Elvis" fan who has yet to buy it to do so at the earliest opportunity. There are twenty tracks on this cd, ranging from the early rockers on the "Sun" label such as "Mystery train" "Lawdy miss clawdy" "My baby left me" onto "Trying to get to you" a great Elvis track, followed by "Trouble" "Big boss man" "Reconsider baby" "A mess of blues" and finishing off with "Stranger in my own home town" and "Pledging my love" this is a cd that rates a five star billing for content and for the price. When you consider that for all the albums Elvis released over the years on RCA that usually had ten tracks on the majority of them, and what they cost the loyal Elvis fans over the years, this has to be a worthwhile bargain and a must buy. For anyone who might not be a fan of Elvis, give this cd a try, and you will understand why he was a one off. Yours, Mrs. M Walsh."Maw"
on 19 August 2013
While I agree with the last reviewer that this is a great CD , it is only same as many more compilations that BMG keep repackaging. I myself have been and Elvis nut since 1956 and we have heard all this stuff over and over again . There must be lots of unheard of tracks in the vaults that they cannot be bothered to issue , then all of a sudden some obscure bootleg label issue un-heard versions of these tracks . Its high time BMG get there act together and started going through the archives. All Elvis tracks are great because the man was a sheer genius but please let us hear what is left in the can even if they don't match his exacting standards.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 March 2015
Although not usually thought of as a blues singer, Elvis Presley was admired by great bluesmen such as Howlin' Wolf, B.B.King, Bobby Bland & Junior Parker who he knew in Memphis.
This excellent compilation pulls together 20 of Presley's blues-inspired recordings scattered throughout his immense catalogue.
Anyone who doubts Elvis Presley's credentials as a blues singer should give a listen to this ear-opening collection.
on 11 September 2014
very good cd and good sellers +++