5.0 out of 5 stars Taize Chant
I found this CD absolutely terrific. Since being featured by Classic FM and the BBC's excellent program from Tudeley Church, I see it has risen to number 3 in the WH Smith Classic chart. Excellent recognition for such beautiful music.
Published on 16 July 2006 by Mr. Richard Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the real thing...
Published on 29 Oct. 2006 by Pilgrim

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Taize Chant, 16 July 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply sublime - beauty beyond words, 21 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Taizé Chant (Audio CD)
If I had to choose two words to sum up this album I would choose "Achingly beautiful". If you need spiritual music to aid prayerful meditation then this is it. Peaceful, sublime, relaxing, prayerful, rich in spirituality, this music in the spirit of Taizé is some of the best you can buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the real thing..., 29 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Taizé Chant (Audio CD)
It is very hard to recreate the sounds of Taize- the atmosphere of the church and those wonderful young people and the songs that gently fade away, because prayer never ends. For those wanting something gentler still, Taize has also produced some beautiful CD's in the medieval village church with a "little choir". If you want the sound and atmosphere of Taize, it is best to go for the real thing- the CD's produced by Taize, at Taize.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely selection of chants, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Taizé Chant (Audio CD)
This has a selection of beautiful Taize chants. Each one is quite long, but has a variety of instrumental descants and variations to add interest. O Lord Hear My Prayer is particularly moving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Taizé Chant (Audio CD)
What an amazing, peaceful, relaxing CD. Brings me into the presence of God.
Highly recommended for all those seeking God.

5.0 out of 5 stars prayer time, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Taizé Chant (Audio CD)
I find this a moving way to start a quiet time with God. Settles the mind and cuts out the distractions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exudes what it says on the Label!, 17 April 2013
This review is from: Taizé Chant (Audio CD)
I play this over and over again without tiring of it.
Beautiful music beautifully sung.
Ordering another one for my sick friend. Prefer it to an original Taize album I bought at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Calming, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Taizé Chant (Audio CD)
I sent this to my daughter who is a teacher as I love all the taize chants. She played it for her children during Holy week and they loved it as well, very calming and peaceful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fails To Live Up To Its Promises, 10 May 2013
M_Twang (Washington, T&W) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taizé Chant (Audio CD)
Flip this cd over and the back states 'Over an hour of reflection, contemplation, peace and serenity'.

There is some beautiful music on this album, but what I wanted was to hear the beauty of voices singing in unison. They are there, and they're beautiful, but some of the instruments alongside them are quite intrusive. It begins with a really up-tempo version of Gloria, which is good in its way, but not at all peaceful, but rousing. Lord Remember Me starts wonderfully but eventually the beautiful voices fade to the background as an oboe solo takes centre stage. All of the instrumental parts are performed beautifully, but if I wanted that I would have bought a regular classical music cd.

The worst offender is 'Jesus Remember Me'. This beautiful chant was something I was really looking forward to. Almost immediately the voices fade to the background, while strings then woodwind and other instruments drown it out - to such an extent that I couldn't stand it and have to skip the track, the track which I expected to be my favourite.

It is well done, has some highlights, but isn't peaceful.

I'm listening to 'Jesus Remember Me' as I type and I'll have to finish and go switch it off, 'aaaargh, some peace'!

1.0 out of 5 stars Discordant Notes, 14 July 2006
E. Freer (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taizé Chant (Audio CD)
The tracks on 'Taize' usually start and end as exquisite chants, the ending of 'O Lord Hear my Prayer' as particularly serene. Unfortunately they all swell with the accompaniment of instruments which are so loud and shrill they effectively block the chants.

The violin, cello, et al made this CD unlistenable to for me and reminded me of media news, weather and road reports which are broadcast with the overscoring crescendo of duh, duh, duh, de de de dah.

If you can bear the above you will like this CD. If, like me, you were expecting chants as a background for personal quiet times then I advise you to check Taize out from your library first. An otherwise beautiful CD ruined by the addition of noise.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Taizé Chant
Taizé Chant by St. Thomas' Music Group (Audio CD - 2006)