5.0 out of 5 stars The best toaster in the world
Wow what can I say, going from a classic toaster to this baby...

No handle, just press the button and watch the bread slide in. Wait for the ping and watch the toast rise out. If you leave a slice in while buttering the other it will automatically glide back down and keep it warm, how cool is that !!!

Buy this toaster, failure to do so will result in...
Published on 10 Jan 2008 by B. P. Slack

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but...
Published on 15 Jun 2008 by PJR

5.0 out of 5 stars The best toaster in the world, 10 Jan 2008
B. P. Slack - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood TT720 Compact Toaster, 2 Slice (Stainless Steel) (Kitchen & Home)
Wow what can I say, going from a classic toaster to this baby...

Buy this toaster, failure to do so will result in you not smiling when making evenly browned toast.

4.0 out of 5 stars this toaster is fab, 5 Dec 2007
It is nice to look at on your worktop (fairly important) BUT best of all it does exactly what it says on the tin, it is great having the controls on the front of the toaster plus it is nice & compact, crumb tray empties easily & having no push down handle to get in the way is probably the way all toasters will go in the not so distant future,yes pleased I chose this one;

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toaster I've owned, 26 Sep 2008
I've owned the "classic" 4-slice Dulait toaster for the past 10 years which, to be fair, is a heck of a long time and only two elements have gone (but boy are they costly to replace). Well, it was as the second element failed that I began to look around and I saw this one on Amazon and read the excellent reviews. I popped it in my saved basket as I tend to do whilst contemplating a purchase. I was delighted therefore last week to find the price reduced to about the same, or slightly less, than the cost of repairing my Dualit. I ordered it and, as is the case with Amazon, it came really quickly, even on free Supersaver delivery. The old faithful is now safely stored in my loft "just in case"(I can still use the two outside slots as it's only an inner element that's gone) but, as I see it, I have little, if anything,to lose by this experiment.

My new toaster is smaller and much cooler looking than the Dualit. It has self adjusting slots so, at last, I can toast crumpets, bagels etc without having to use the grill. On the subject of bagels, it even has a special setting which toasts the inners more than the outers.

On a busy morning (ie most days)I get on with things whilst the toast is doing. This is why the keep warm function is superb for me as it keeps coming on and off to warm up the toast until you come back into the room and select the "give it up" button!

I love its lights, it's appearance, it's "nearly ready" beep and the warming rack for my croissants. Breakfast is now a luxury experience! Buy one, you won't regret it, especially for 30.

And by the way, the instructions say it can toast just one slice - a very rare feature I find.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another quality item from Kenwood!, 21 Jan 2008
I agree with the other reviews, does the job well and is amusing to watch this futuristic machine slowly consume the bread and then present you with perfect toast every time, warming rack is handy too.
I make my own bread (with a kenwood breadmaker which has worked well for the last 6 months) and my older dualit toaster I had only has 20mm slots which was ocassionaly a pain for larger slices, but this has around 30mm slots so is perfect.
Only gave 4/5 as I only got it recently so will have to see if it stands the test of time.
Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Techno Toaster", 20 Sep 2008
Alan H "Catfish Knight" (Peterborough, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If Wallace & Grommit can have 'Techno' trousers, then this is a 'Techno' toaster!
I can honestly say this toaster produced the best toast I have ever eaten. The toast comes out very hot, and in fact warmed up the cold plate I put it on, it stayed crispy and crunchy even when buttered. Unlike the toast toasted by my gas cooker, or from electric toasters I have used over the past 30 years.
The toaster is very easy to use, there is no lever to push down (which gets more difficult to do as you get older), you press a button and the toast disappears as if by magic! It shows you the progress of toasting on the front so there is no need to guess either!
You won't regret buying this toaster, it's excellent value for the results it produces, it has style, and great also because it is compact taking up a small space on the countertop!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster., 23 July 2008
Ashley Finesilver (London, England) - See all my reviews
I've had this toaster for a few months now. I've held off writing a review as some people have had issues with their toaster. I'm glad to say I've had no issues.
The toaster I received looks slightly different from the one pictured on this page. In that the buttons on the front have different lights on them. I think they may have replaced traditional bulbs with LED's which can last a lifetime.
I am very happy with the TT720 the bread carrige is set quite high which means having to fish out teacakes and crumpets with a fork is not an issue.
The whole look of the toaster is very cool and will fit in with any modern kitchen, the electronic carrige is still hypnotising and the toasting times are very exceptable.
Overall if I were to purchase another toaster I wouldn't hesitate in getting another one of these.

EDIT: It's now November 2008 for the last couple of months one of the lights on the toaster (the third from the left) has been fading and it has now finally failed, not the end of the world I know. Also the little binging noise which indicates the toast is almost ready has also failed. Still a great toaster but loses 2 stars for build quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good toaster, 20 Sep 2008
I have found this toaster to be excellent, produces perfect toast every time so far - not over browned & not soggy. Previous toasters I have owned, often overcooked the toast, this one produces consistently good results.
I like the fact that the toast if not removed is automatically lowered & kept warm for a period of time. I would like the audible alarm which sounds 8 seconds before the toast is to be ejected, to be a little louder or adjustable, but cannot say this would prevent me from buying this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but..., 15 Jun 2008
PJR (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I am now on to my second TT720 the first having suffered failure of one of the white LEDs on the front panel. These indicate the time of toasting that has been set and are therefore quite important. So, a second unit was supplied and guess what - the same thing has happened. The toaster is also pretty slow but perhaps it's because you are watching the LEDs count down to zero. On the plus side it does look good and the automatic lowering and raising of the slices appleals to the gadget lover. Hopefully toaster number 3 will be more robust....

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but..., 27 Mar 2009
Korky (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic looking toaster and no handle makes it seem super slick BUT if you use anything other than "standard sliced bread" it's a pain in the rear because it just doesn't accommodate anything beyond good old Mother's Pride sliced in the slots so you end up with jammed toast (haha) :( On top of that, the auto-warming feature is a pain too! It almost always drops the toast down again before you get a chance to remove it from the toaster (unless you're stood bored waiting for it) and wastes more time than it gives benefit. The crumb tray will only hold enough crumbs to feed a sparrow and once again, if you use seedy "non-standard" bread, you'll need to empty it after every few slices.

Very neat and if you use good old white sliced bread it'll probably be fine for you. For me, it was fairly useless and packed up after 6 months too :(

5.0 out of 5 stars I D Burton, 27 Nov 2008
I. D. Burton "toast of the town" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
I hope this product is durable, as then it will be perfection. The best toaster I have ever known and the first to brown evenly on both sides, which is what caused me to ditch the old one. Compact, easy to use, with simple buttons for all functions at the front, no pop up handle, and looks cool too. If you go away from the toaster for longer than planned then you know that your toast will be kept wsarm- I hate cold toast. I would recommend this to anybody!

ARRAY(0xafd9b84c)