5.0 out of 5 stars dual charger for dsi/dsixl
one charger one plug no need to carry so much around it was a gift they thanked me said it was perfect as it saved them carrying two plugs around.what more can i say packaging great delivery prompt .
Published on 18 Mar. 2011 by leon247

As this is the first product review I have ever done so I am sorry if I waffle a bit but I will try to keep it relevant!

Published 1 month ago by Andy DK27

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars I may have been just plain unlucky as this item has had some very good reviews so not everyone has shared my experience., 25 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Venom DSi / DSi XL / DS Lite/ 3DS Power Supply Mains & USB (Nintendo DS) (Accessory)

I ordered this as a replacement to a lost charger for my DSi XL. The item arrived very quickly - as usual from Amazon and was well packaged. Upon opening the blister pack containing the charger my initial thoughts were cheapish plastic but no worse than some phone chargers - which I suspect this (the mains adaptor) was originally intended for.

The lead supplied had a USB connector on one end which goes into the charger and two mini USB Nintendo type connectors on the other. One of these fitted snugly into the DSi XL perfectly. So far so good and impressed up until this point, now were it goes downhill. I plugged the USB connector into the mains adaptor and noticed that it was a very slack fit but not enough to prevent electrical contact. I then plugged the adaptor into the mains and DSi XL and got the orange charging LED light up on the DSi. Great it works! After an hour of charging I took the charger off and it had done the job as advertised. I did however note that the charger seemed very warm. I know this can/does happen, but this seemed to be warmer than I would have expected. Note to self: Do not use when not in the house.

Next time I came to use the charger, after about 15 minutes of use, I heard noises coming from the charger, a kind of ticking. To me it sounded like something arcing in the mains adaptor. And sure enough before I was able to switch the mains off there was a blue flash, puff of smoke and the smell of electrical burning. At the same time (thankfully) the fuse also blew knocking out further power going to the unit.

Conclusion: The mains unit appears to be some kind of very cheep universal charger, probably not specifically designed for use with Nintendo kit. The USB lead itself was of reasonable quality with well fitting Nintendo connectors. Final thoughts on the mains adaptor are, IMHO not suitable for charging Nintendo products, potentially very dangerous and I am in two minds as to whether to alert trading standards or not.

Hopefully, I am just one of the unlucky customers as others have given this same item good/excellent review. Based on my experience I would not recommend this item and if you are a current user, use with extreme caution. Buyer beware or go for a genuine Nintendo product!

5.0 out of 5 stars dual charger for dsi/dsixl, 18 Mar. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

2.0 out of 5 stars Keep in mind you need a fairly good power pack on your PC or it may be ..., 6 April 2015
Using a 3DS XL, plugged it into the wall, and it started to hiss. (If yours begins doing this unplug it straight away or risk harming electrical goods.)
However, you can still use the USB wire to attach to your PC and use that to charge the 3DS XL. Keep in mind you need a fairly good power pack on your PC or it may be slow to charge, my power pack is 750w and I can play and charge the new 3DS XL.

If you end up with a faulty good like myself, you'd be better off buying just a standard USB Power charger cable for 3DS, they are cheaper and don't have as big of a risk with them. Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product and good value, 18 Jan. 2013
The charger is a good product and it is good value. I am pleased with my purchase and would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Double DS!, 28 Dec. 2014
actually ordered this for the wrong DS by mistake so it was never used but it's great quality, not a really cheap version that will break after a week or two.

It actually has two ends so you can charge two different DS's at the same time, which would be really handy if you have sons/daughters with different DS's as you'd only need one of these!

5.0 out of 5 stars May have been better to have two separate cables, 27 April 2015
Works perfectly. May have been better to have two separate cables. However, for charging my 'New 3DS' it works as expected. Charges quickly and does not get hot. Would highly recommend to any 'New 3DS' owners

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Pleased, 2 July 2014
Arrived quickly and has 3 connections so versatile. I have purchased replacement chargers before that haven't lasted too long but this is fairly robust and I am really pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% okay for use with N3DS XL!, 20 Feb. 2015
Jamie (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Works perfectly fine with my New 3DS XL!

5.0 out of 5 stars Charger remplacement, 7 Oct. 2013
I bought this product because my son has lost the DS Lite charger. This charger is so practical that my son charges two DS at the same time. (DSi and DSLite) Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 24 April 2014
It was bought for my son nintendo ds,it works pretty well.delivered on time,no problem at all I would recommend it,& at the price that it was going for I decide to get two..

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›