5.0 out of 5 stars Great Board

Published on 23 May 2009 by David

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Good enough, 23 May 2009
David (NOTTINGHAM, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unicorn Dartboard Eclipse Pro Bristle (Sports)
I ordered this to replace one already had(it had lasted 9 mths being used aprox every other day)which had been a good board but this one came with dents in it & the bull was off centre, I returned it for a replacement & this was as bad so cancelled order I have since bought a Winmau Blade 3 which is a great board & I've had virtually no bounce outs & have been told it will last longer than the Eclipse. A darts forum said that it is pot luck wether you get a good or bad Eclipse board, So you pay your money & takes your chance, me I'll stick with Winmau

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Board, 2 Nov 2013
I bought this dartboard about 3 months ago after the 2013 World Matchplay, as I thought I'd quite like to get into playing darts. It was (obviously) my first dartboard, so I've waited a while to review it. I'm now at university and I've played on numerous other dartboards - Winmau Blade 3/4s, Eclipse HDs and Target boards to name a few: we have a collegiate system and 9 different dartboards around campus - and I have to say, I really think that my Eclipse Pro at home is the best of the bunch.

I bought it after reading a number of reviews of different boards (mainly the Blade 4 and this) but didn't really know what I was going for...the main reason I got it was because the PDC uses them in all the major competitions, and I thought "if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me!" I am extremely happy with it. I used the board for about 3 hours every day for about 2 months (darting addiction is a wonderful thing!!) before moving to uni, and since moving to uni I've noticed a distinct gulf in quality between the Eclipse Pro and other alternative boards. The board seems to be much more hard-wearing and generally better than any other board I've played on.

If and when this board ever needs replacing, I will definitely get another of these if they're still being manufactured. For the price (around 12 LESS than the [in my opinion] inferior Eclipse HD, that our college have 2 of and I play on every day at university) they really are outstanding value for money, and I would definitely recommend this board for anyone: whether you're just starting out with darts or you've been playing for decades.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful Board but lovely wires, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Unicorn Dartboard Eclipse Pro Bristle (Sports)
Board wears dreadfully bad ,as bad as is seen during the tv tournaments.One goood thing going for it is that the wiring is absolutely teriffic,thats what the 2 stars is for and that alone. Plenty boards out there better than it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did someone let a snail crawl all over my new board?, 27 Oct 2010
This review is from: Unicorn Dartboard Eclipse Pro Bristle (Sports)
I bought this board to replace a Winmau Blade 3.

First off, once I took the board out of the cardboard box and looked at it, it looked like a snail had been crawling all over it. To be honest it looked dirty and where some of the areas of the bristles are not exactly flat, it looks cheap and nasty.

If I bought this as a present for someone, I would have sent it back and sought a replacement.

How it looks doesn't really bother me, so up on the wall it went and away we go. The bristles are 'firm' which means that the board should recover quickly once you remove the dart, well that just doesn't happen which means that the board will age faster than it should. That's a disappointment.

One final thing; when darts strike the board in different locations you hear different sounds, hollow bops where the bristles are slightly raised to the usual dull thud where the bristles are flat. That suggests to me that the bristles are not laid correctly on the board.

All in all this is a disappointing board and I anticipate that its life expectancy is short. Back to Winmau for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 14 Oct 2010
This review is from: Unicorn Dartboard Eclipse Pro Bristle (Sports)
I just bought a Eclipse Pro from Amazon and was shocked by the subtsandard quality. The board has cracks with huge indentation that was crudely painted over. One of the wire is split in two and would not fall back in place, the bull is slightly off centre. The metal plate on the side is scratched with a few dents. I have a Unicorn Hustler board which is an older lower range and although it is no pro standard and the bristle is a bit stiff it was much better made so I don't understand why Unicorn's top of the range dart board is so much inferior? If Unicorn is reading this I want a replacement or my money back!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars 6 months on, 15 Jan 2008
This review is from: Unicorn Dartboard Eclipse Pro Bristle (Sports)
I bought mine 6 months ago, I choose the eclipse as it had better reviews overall than the blade, + I read a couple that said the blade's wires rusted.
However 6 months on and the no-pin frame is starting to pop out. I am not sure if this is due to the cork expanding (6 months high humidity)or if its moving after it was pressure set?
our local's has done the same only worse.
you can't even hammer it back in and the board has got about 2 months left in it.
all the specs about bounce outs etc are right good board, miserably mine is like trying to park a bus in a cowshed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid At All Costs, 20 Mar 2010
Mr. Gary Duffy (Northern Ireland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unicorn Dartboard Eclipse Pro Bristle (Sports)
First of all, I really resent having to give this board a star at all. I've just bought one of these boards and its already on its way back. The quality was dismally poor, the board was covered in dust, damaged and discoloured (both on the wiring and fibres). To top it all, the outer bullseye ring isn't even filled with fibres. I simply can't believe that this has passed quality control. In fact, it would appear there is no quality control. The board I've bought should've been a factory reject. This is a shame because Unicorn produce fine darts and related accessories, but they really need to ask themselves if producing dartboards really is for them. On this evidence, I'd say that's a categorical 'NO'.

1.0 out of 5 stars eclipse pro dartboard, 26 Mar 2009
Mr. S. Toon - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unicorn Dartboard Eclipse Pro Bristle (Sports)
this is the second unicorn eclipse board i have purchased from different locations, over a year apart and both have been of old packaging with photo,s of the pdc at least 15 years old.the board is hard and very dry making me think it has been on a shelf gathering dust for a long time,not the quality i thought it would be,obviously the first wasn,t a one off.i will be using winmau in the future for practise and match boards

5.0 out of 5 stars Unicorn eclipse, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Unicorn Dartboard Eclipse Pro Bristle (Sports)
Spot on ordered it for a friend he seems very happy with his purchase plays darts all the time no bad feed back will be shopping with again very soon

1.0 out of 5 stars replcement board on it's way back, 18 Nov 2010
William Anakin (Salcombe Harbour) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unicorn Dartboard Eclipse Pro Bristle (Sports)
I have one of these boards at home (that I purchased from a darts store) and it's a very good board, no probs.

I bought one from Amazon for darts matches in the pub to use once a week, and after a couple of weeks the metal spider started to detach from the board.

Amazon replaced it straight away but after a couple of months the same problem has occurred and now I'm getting earache from the rest of the team as if it's my fault that the boards keep falling to bits.

Back to the blade boards in future. BIG THUMBS DOWN!