4.0 out of 5 stars Angry and Melodic, 25 Jan 2007
This is everything you'd expect from another excellent band on subpop (can this label do anything wrong?). They are angry about all the right things- American politics, war, the influence of religion and express this anger in perfectly constructed punk/grunge songs. Short, to the point and difficult to get out of your head- Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of 06, 9 Dec 2006
This album has had limited critical acclaim, but is one of the first records in years that I've listed to over and over again. It has a punk/grunge heritage, catchy riffs, and politically charged vocals. I won't say more, but if that sounds like your cup of tea, listen to the samples for Here's Your Future, Pillar Of Salt and Our Power Doesn't Run On Nothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't stop listening to this album, 29 Oct 2007
I absolutely love this album, I just keep having to go back to it, nothing I've heard in ages puts that tingle down the spine and makes you want to jump around quite like this album does. It seems to be a bit of a concept album of sorts, telling the story of these guy's joining a cult then running away, but it's great the songs flow really well into each other. By "an ear for baby" there is this real oppressed feeling and then "a pillar of salt" comes on and it's like running down a hill with your arms out. great stuff. "power dosen't run on nothing" is one of the best songs about war and politics, simple to the point and angry. Go see them live if you can.

There's great energy and catchy tunes what more could you ask for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great simple songs, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Body, The Blood, The Machine [VINYL] (Vinyl)
The Thermals are somewhere between Poppunk and Indierock. They have a feeling for good melodies and they are rough enough and strange enough for me to find interresting. This is one of their finest moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Bands Currently Around, 7 Nov 2011
G. C. Bland "geoffbland" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The Thermals are one of the best bands around currently. For sure there's a punk-pop, grunge influence but the songs are extremely well crafted and, even, dare I say it, catchy. I can also say that there's not a bad track on any of the CDs they've done so far. I only found out about them recently but their CDs have not been off my playlist since I received them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learnt about them late..., 14 May 2011
but I love them!
Heard about them through their Record Store Day double A-side single with The Cribs, I really like their sound and this album is an interesting proposition; some interesting, witty lyrics and well produced guitars. Try something a bit different.

The Body, The Blood, The Machine [VINYL]
The Body, The Blood, The Machine [VINYL] by The Thermals (Vinyl - 2009)