4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly like the film, 10 Feb 2009
This review is from: Sleeping Beauty (Audio CD)
I bought this as I have always liked the film and wanted a copy of some of the music throughout the film. This is a disk of all the music in the film, from the beginning when it starts, right through to the very end, in essence you have all the background music without the animation.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Always Loved This Movie, 30 Oct 2012
Tom "TomTom" (Alton, Hampshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Sleeping Beauty's soundtrack jumps from one thing to another but that makes it great! Some classic beautiful songs all the way too a song about drunk Kings! You wouldn't find that anymore. I've always thought the best part of this soundtrack is how intense the music is. Made the film very scary as a child. Now it's just a great film to chill out with! Always loved those fairy godmother's!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good points about the CD, 21 Feb 2012
Firstly, I'll begin by recommending this 50th anniversary CD for Sleeping Beauty fans; I loved Disney's animated feature and its music hence the reason I bought this CD. As reviews note, it's the music without the animations.

Something I particularly like about this CD is the inclusion of lyrics. While several of my Disney soundtrack CDs include lyrics (eg. Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Lion King), not ALL of them include a lyric book. Ideal for those who like singing along but can't catch the words or enjoy memorising songs as I did as a child for my favourite Disney features.

One confusing point: combination of melodies and songs. Case in point: Once Upon a Dream. I LOVED George Burns' adaptation of Tchaikovsky ballet and as I was typing an e-mail, was waiting to hear it since I was playing the songs in chronological order on the CD. At first, couldn't see it listed on Windows Media Player OR the jewel case till I looked closer and saw 8) An Unusual Prince/Once Upon a Dream.

ARRAY(0xaa0417f8)

Sleeping Beauty
Sleeping Beauty by George Bruns (Audio CD - 2006)