Format: DVDChange

on 1 September 2013
I have always loved Smith & Jones's efforts but I found this one a little difficult to follow without subtitles.
on 14 May 2015
Good film, although not the best picture quality unfortunately, it was a bit fuzzy and "blocky", hence why I've dropped a star. But still better than an old VHS tape from when it was on the telly in the mid 90s. I do like this adaptation of Tom Sharpe's novel, even though it does differ from the original book. Smith and Jones are great as always.
on 25 August 2014
The book is definitely sharper, but when I read it the story felt more contemporary than it was meant to be which I understood having watched the movie. The 80s when I went to school we're apparently quite crazy and fun in a more kinky way than I'm used to thinking
on 10 September 2013
I like both Mel Smith and Griff Rhys Jones which drew me to the film initially. Both give
Great perfomances trying to outwit each other which Henry Wilt wins hands down as Flint tries
to prove Wilt is a mass murderer
on 3 May 2014
Dated, delightful, hysterically funny, but not on a second run. Comedy polytechnic lecturer and incompetent policemen conflict in film of book. All cast are excellent. Very English.
Watch it once then give to a friend.
on 18 February 2014
Nice to see a cleverly written comedy film that doesn't rely on American stereotypes about the British, and has a definite plot from beginning to end and not a random collection of shock-comedy value scenes.
on 13 May 2014
This is a great film to watch when you want to watch something which is full of laughs.... I think Tom Sharpe has a great sense of humour and we need more.. Suitable for adults who like to laugh at life...
on 15 September 2014
They could not have chosen a more apt couple of comedians to play the lead characters. It was close to the book and if you loved the book - or haven't even read it - you will love this sick comedy.
on 1 July 2014
This film had me laughing, from the very start till the very end! Mel & Griff at their very best! Brilliant LOL script! Excellent video & sound quality!
A must for any Smith & Jones fans! :-)
on 7 September 2015
First watched this many years ago so decided to discover if it had stood the test of time. For me it did - and certainly holds its own with most of the modern comedy around at the moment.