on 7 August 2010
This is undoubtedly as a U2 fan the best concert of their career, it has everything, great music great show, and to non fans i would recommend it and watch it carefully and you will be hard pushed to see anything better than this in todays music. Only down side, they should of put Ultraviolet(light my way) as a bounus track on the 2disk edition as it was one of their best songs of that tour.
on 19 November 2013
Clearly, this 1993 show from the Zoo tour in Sidney Australia is a favorite among U2 fans, and it's easy to see why. The band was tight and energetic, they were full of passion, and the stage production was simply incredible -- especially for its time. And, yet, after watching U2's most recent tours on DVD ("U2 Go Home: Live at Slane Castle" and "U2 Vertigo 2005: Live in Chicago"), I'm not nearly as impressed as I thought I'd be with the fabled Zoo tour.

In all fairness, I should come right out and admit that as an ardent U2 fan from the early '80s, I began to lose interest with my favorite band around the time Zooropa was released. I loved Achtung Baby, but I somehow felt that the Zooropa and Pop albums were trying a little too hard; in an effort to stay ahead of the game, I thought that U2 was losing sight of whatever it was that made them great in the first place. To me -- and to many other fans from my era -- U2 had no need to reinvent themselves; their sound was already revolutionary, and any major departure would be a step backward.

Having seen U2 in concert four times between 1983 and 1988, I skipped the Zoo tour and didn't shed a tear. I felt I had seen U2 in their prime and at the so-called top of their game. Ironically, it wasn't until years later, when I watched the 2000 Slane castle DVD, that I began to discover and appreciate U2's music from the '90s. Watching U2 in 2000, I realized that they hadn't lost a step since their "glory" days; they could still play and perform as well as ever, and, in some ways, I liked them even more. I was especially impressed with the consistency of the material from every stage of U2's career (including the '90s albums I had previously dismissed), and, all of a sudden, I felt a deep sense regret for passing on the Zooropa and Pop Mart tours.

And so, when I learned that the Zoo tour DVD was scheduled for release, I seized it with relish, eager to find out what wonders I had missed. I ran home, popped in the disc, and prepared to be dazzled. While I found certain numbers amazing -- "Zoo Station," "Mysterious Ways," "One," "Running to Stand Still," and, of course, "Where the Streets Have No Name" -- very few of the Zoo performances eclipsed, in my mind, the versions on the recent Slane Castle or Vertigo tour DVDs. Moreover, I found the whole Zoo TV concept distracting, over the top, and, I daresay, silly. Just like before, I felt U2 was trying too hard.

Meanwhile, I do respect and appreciate U2's effort in those days to step out of their comfort zone and into something more risky--especially when abandoning their signature sound could've ended in disaster. Furthermore, I'm convinced that U2 is a better band today because of that period in their career. What a lot of people forget, however, is that the Zoo and Pop Mart tours are NOT the essence of U2, but two unique -- and wonderful -- chapters in one band's 25-year odyssey. Meanwhile, I would argue that the recent tours, which do pay considerable homage to the '90s era, are a better and more complete representation of the "real" U2.
on 30 May 2011
The fabulous visuals, the fabulous music, this is U2 at their best, delivering a superb concert which is a technological achievement and shows why they are one of the top bands in the world.
This is before BONO started believing his own hype, and was a true showman.
on 5 March 2010
A music concert with the greatest perfection,
a very good job nice to see and hear.
on 1 June 2012
I cannot rate this highly enough, brilliant tour, brilliant addition to any U2 collectors library. DTS sound track is phenomenal and sounds great on my B&W soundbar....
on 5 January 2015
Great DVD. I used to own this concert on VHS and buying the DVD brought back great memories. Good quality picture and sound.
on 26 April 2015
best show ever by the best band ever.
watch this its better than everything else in the world
on 21 June 2016
The greatest stadium rock spectacle of all time! U2 never came close to surpassing this
on 12 August 2007
Will be a classic for U2. The tour of their amazing Actung Baby album which also spawned Zooropa. This kicked off the big shows for U2 with lots of visuals and Trabants hanging around. First class, enjoy.
on 4 November 2015