on 30 December 2006
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is very different to every other pokemon game, because in every other game you are a human who captures and battles with pokemon. In this you are a pokemon and make pokemon friends. You wake up one morning as a pokemon and then build a rescue team. Still pokemon join you if you have a place for them to live. What I like most about this game is that in the game all 300 and some thing pokemon appear. Also I always had to have torchic, treeko or mudkip at the start of my emerald and ruby. But in this, finally I get the chance to be totodile and cyndyquill. At the beginning you take a quiz deciding wich pokemon you are. Then you can choose a partner out of the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn starters. It is a very good game and you go against Zapdos (the first legendary you go against), quite early in the game. I would say that it's the best pokemon game ever.
on 3 December 2006
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red is certainly a change from the original Pokemon games, and also as good. I love it to bits! The graphics are decent, and it's really cute seeing those tiny little sprites on screen. In a world where you are a Pokemon you actually get to see other Pokemon talk and interact with you and each other, their emotions and you can get people to join you on your adventure. This is a truely cute little game that Pokemon fans are sure to love!
on 8 June 2013
This game is very fun and long lasting. There are randomly generated dungeons to keep you going forever with enemies to fight, items to collect, and Pokemon to rescue. At the start you take a quiz to tell what Pokemon you would be. No matter what you get, its always something cute. The randomly generated maze's get a little boring after a while which makes this a 4 star but with the storyline, its still exiting. Great game, worth the small amount of money.
on 3 October 2015
Bought this on a whim, as I love the Pokemon games. Obviously it's different because you control the Pokemon, rather than the trainer, but I really enjoyed this game! The item was delivered before the estimated delivery date, which is always a bonus!
on 21 December 2006
I don't see the point. I love the other pokemon games (especially crystal) so when someone bought this for me I was eager to play it. It starts of great and is loads of fun and has the third best storyline in any game ever (behind 2 zelda games). But it gets repetitive and is very hard to understand. It feels like a cross between minish cap and kingdom hearts. And it almost works. The graphics are decent for the GBA and so are the sounds. I think it could have done with more Pokemon but this just gets thumbs up from me.
on 12 June 2015
Great, fun game. Involved and a lot to do. Challenging but in the best way possible.
All credit to the seller as this was a legit copy of the game.
on 26 May 2013
I purchased the second hand copy and it works perfectly! The game is just the right balance of easy and challenging
on 10 June 2007
"Well, just imagine you're lying there, and you wake up... and you're a Pokémon!"

"Hmm, sounds interesting..."

"And get this! The world is ending!"

That sums up how I think this game was pitched.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is an interesting game. Very enjoyable with many of our old favourites (I ended up Charmander, my very first starter when I forst played Pokémon Blue) and some newer ones scattered here and there (I got excited to see Absol later on in the game). However, while the gameplay is all neww and exciting, and it seems Pokémon live in a civilised society after all... it just seems that little bit, well, dark.

Basically, the world is being thrown into an apocalypse, something we don't learn until roughly the middle of the game. You, the protagonist, and your new friend must level up, fighting off bad guys and bullies and wild Pokémon who hate you for seemingly no reason, until eventually you can solve why this is all happening and put a stop to it.

Despite the chilling thought of the world ending if you screw up (which is, of course, not possible. It's a game, after all), this is a very enjoyable adventure, almost like a Pokémon episode gone wonderfully wrong, and not only are you the trainer - you're the Pokémon as well. Not just senseless violence anymore! Now you have a reason to fight!

Kids will love it because, well, it's Pokémon, right? Adults would probably love it, fan or not, since it's challenging.

Ok, so you don't catch and train Pokémon now. But you do recruit and train together.

It's a very spiritual type of game. There's purpose other than to be the best. You're part of a rescue team and you have responsibility. Think Spider-Man if he became an actual spider (or Spinarak as the case may be).

However the rescue missions can get repetitive and it can be very frustrating if your client faints while you're trying to guide them through a Pokémon infested cave. And if you faint, you lose a lot of your money and LOADS of items. Very frustrating if your last Blowback Orb was being kept just in case and you lost it due to fainting at the hands of a Ditto in the guise of Lairon.

Overall it's a fun game, kept me up all night at first. Now it just sits on my bookshelf while I go back to Pokémon Silver.
on 1 September 2015
One of my favourite spinoff Pokemon games, good story and a wide range of possibilities. Love it.
on 27 August 2009
Pokemon rocks my eight year old son's world and therefore this was a big hit!