5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a quick yoga fix
Published on 11 Jan. 2007 by V J Greenwood

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a great DVD from Barbara!
Published on 6 Dec. 2006 by Game Girl

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a great DVD from Barbara!, 6 Dec. 2006
Game Girl (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barbara Currie - The Definitive Barbara Currie [DVD] (DVD)
I had high hopes for this dvd as I have 3 other of her DVD's and love them but I was really dissapointed. I think the price is a give-away really. It is made with a rather amatuer feel to it and is just Barbara on her own in an echoey studio going through individual yoga moves, so it is very disjointed. The only good thing I got from this was one particular yoga move for thighs/hips that I hadn't seen before, which looks fab. I wouldn't bother......

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a quick yoga fix, 11 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Barbara Currie - The Definitive Barbara Currie [DVD] (DVD)
If you want to do yoga as a quick pick-me-up you might find this DVD useful - rather than doing a whole routine you can choose from the menu and do your favourite postures - the DVD is just lots of short snippets. It has a rather 'amateurish' feel to it - is unlike other Barbara Currie DVDs, but given the price, I'd say that it is worth every penny! I definately prefer it to the serious, hour long routines that some DVDs offer up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Basic, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Barbara Currie - The Definitive Barbara Currie [DVD] (DVD)
The DVD came in cellophane packaging, giving the impression it's new. However, I could tell the cover was actually photocopied. The DVD itself is extremely basic and quite amateurish in the way it's made. But for the price, it's fine and I'll still be keeping my copy.

If you're new to yoga, this is ok, but I would strongly recommend one of her other DVDs such as 'The 7 Secrets of Yoga' and especially 'The Power of Yoga' - which is my favourite. Those two are very professionally done and Barbara has two companions throughout - one of whom shows you the beginner's version of each posture.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit sad about this as it is similar to another Barbara ..., 5 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Barbara Currie - The Definitive Barbara Currie [DVD] (DVD)
Bit sad about this as it is similar to another Barbara Currie DVD I have. The best Barbara Currie DVDs are those where she does the moves as in a class with two young women demonstrating beginner and advance versions of each posture.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for beginners, 15 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Barbara Currie - The Definitive Barbara Currie [DVD] (DVD)
Barbara currie is excellent , although this is not her best DVDs. I recommend her power yoga and more latest ones for a good workout .

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this, 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Barbara Currie - The Definitive Barbara Currie [DVD] (DVD)
This is just a repackaged version of The Very Best Of Barbara Currie but half the length - a rip-off by the producers.

Barbara Currie - The Definitive Barbara Currie [DVD]