5.0 out of 5 stars Logic3 i-Station 7
Published on 21 Aug. 2006 by S. C. Dear

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty in design?
I used to have the i-Station 6 and loved it. However, this went faulty after 10 months. Returned to the shop and replaced with an i-Station 7.

Very disappointed.

Published on 10 Dec. 2006 by M. S. Hatton

5.0 out of 5 stars Logic3 i-Station 7, 21 Aug. 2006
S. C. Dear - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logic3 MIP107K i-Station7 iPod Speakers - Black (Electronics)
After spending what seemed hours reading various reviews on a number of ipod speakers I decided to go for the Logic3 I-Station7 for my little black ipod nano. I'm so impressed with the sound quality for such a small set of speakers. The speakers are small and compact and the sound is sooo impressive, not distorted like I was expecting at higher volumes. I tested them with my girlfriends Ipod mini 4gb and with the adaptors provided they work fine. The remote is a nice feature aswell.

If you have been reading reviews and cant deicide which speakers to go for then look no further, you will not be disappointed with these :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty in design?, 10 Dec. 2006
M. S. Hatton - See all my reviews

Very disappointed.

I don't think I'm too fussy with sound, but this unit produces a mains hum and I can hear, quite loudly, the sound of the hard drive spinning up amplified through the speakers. This doesn't occur when used with the batteries. My iPod is a 30Gb 3rd gen, but I also had the problem with a friends brand new 30Gb 5th gen.

I emailed Logic3 support in the UK who were excellent and very quickly posted me a new power supply but unfortunately this made no difference. They suggested I returned the unit to place of purchase for a replacement which I did.

I tried the new iStation 7 but exactly the same fault was occurring. They posted me ANOTHER power supply, tested before leaving the factory, but this didn't fix it.

So have now got my money back and will be looking for another solution. A real shame as I thought the iStation 6 was great and I see that the iStation 7 is many sites best buy for a budget travel speaker. I can only think that there is some design fault with it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart bit of kit, 12 Sept. 2006
K. Chavda (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Compact and light, with excellent output for the size of unit (more than adequate for a large bedroom). Serves as a docking station (so charges your ipod whilst using the unit) and comes with remote control[...] Great deal and I would highly recommend. It is a shame that it doesn't come with a nano docking adapter (doesn't mean mean you can't dock a nano, just means you have to be a bit more careful when doing so) but don't let that put you off, this really is a smart bit of kit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Less than delighted, 28 Feb. 2007
D. Elvin (London) - See all my reviews
Like a number of the other reviewers my speakers have the habit of turning off the 3D after a period of play and sometimes just turning off altogether for 5 seconds and then back on again. It is fairly random, and can be infrequent, but irritating when it happens (although it can be deal with by pressing the 3D button). There is either a design fault or a frequent manufacturing problem.

The sound is fine but not deserving of the superlatives some of the reviews have lavished on it. I have had better out of the similarly priced Logitech mm50 which is a more robust set of speakers than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whats all the moaning about?, 29 April 2007
J. Davies "TheCritic" (England) - See all my reviews
For the price these speakers are compared to the sound they make, they are brilliant. £40 and youve got a portable high fi with great sound. Stylish looking and easily portable, these speakers fit your ipod snugly and produce an excellent look. The remote is also very handy.

Like previous reviewers, I have experienced a mains hum. However, it only seems to happen when the ipods mains power is switched off and on again. The hum happens for a minute or two, then stops altogether. Also, I have not as yet experienced the 3D turning off randomly. To be honest, it does not enhance the effect of the sound overly anyway.

To conclude, this is a great buy and well worth the cost. I haven't tried this yet but I'm sure it would be loud enough for partys. Play your music to anoyone where ever you go!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST!!, 11 Nov. 2006
D. L. Morrall (Hemel Hempstead) - See all my reviews
This is the best purchase this year (other than the ipod itself).

The speakers are stylish and pack away neatly so you can take them abroad easily. The sound is LOUD without distortion and a cute little feature is that they have blue/orange lights that come on and add to their attraction.

IPODs fit safely in.

Not a negative word to say. I read all the reviews and thought their must be at least one bad point - believe me there isn't!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 13 Sept. 2007
A customer (Asturias) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I got last Christmas and I liked the desing from the beggining.
They are compact and easy to take on holidays , come with a useful remote control and the batteries last for a couple of hours , you can also charge the ipod from the base.
The quality of sound is acceptable-good and they work well in a small room without background noise , if you need to play something outdoor or in a party the system will elt you down as is not potent enough.
When you take into account the price I think the system compared really well with other expensice ones.
It comes with a cover , connections and adaptors , remote and battery.

2.0 out of 5 stars A little tinny, 18 Dec. 2006
Andrew Page (Linslade, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
A friend of mine had one of the models below this one, and it even did the job at small parties, so I thought this would be a good buy. Well, it plays music out loud, but that is about all it does. The sound is not all that hi-fi unless you turn it right up, a little tinny to be honest, and the bass booster does not really help. There is also background noise and electronic feedback. This becomes quite noticeable if you are used to an amp and Technics speakers like I was. Also (on my set at least), the speakers cut off the first few seconds of the audio file when you turn it on, which can get quite annoying actually. These may seem like niggly problems, but I just think there are better options out there. On the other hand, it looks stylish, is great for charging your iPod and comes with a remote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good volume, 27 Sept. 2006
MG Garcia - See all my reviews
Just received my speakers and tested them out with my mates, very good sound quality and the volume goes really loud for such small and light speakers, def fill a room and more!

Ideal for taking travelling and having a party in your hotel room!

You can also plug CD players and sony mp3 player! so fits all!

Great buy! very pleased!

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent sound ONLY when loud, 19 July 2007
I bought these speakers from Argos (the laminated book of dreams) and was initially pleased with the sound (especially the base). However, it was impossible to listen to music quietly (eg. at night) due to vast quantities of whiny, squeaky noise coming from the subwoofer at the back. Addtionally, sound would frequently cut out. The remote control was useless for anything other than volume. Finally, the alledged '3-D surround sound' had absolutely no effect other than to make the music slightly louder.

In the end I returned the speakers and bought better ones. Hrrmph.