Size: 3 cupsChange

on 27 May 2010
We bought this coffee pot (correctly called a Moka) in Sicily 9 years ago. Since then we have used it regularly to make what we think is great coffee (I'm no expert). The 3 cup size is perfect for a large cappuccino or for 2 "British Coffee Cup" sized cappuccinos. Once made the mistake of putting part of the pot in the dishwasher which dulled the aluminium. Since then we've followed the instructions and only rinsed the pot in warm water, leaving the coffee residue to coat the insides of the pot.

[Update Sept 2011]
I can recommend the following replacement filter set: La Cafetiere Bialetti Washer and Filter Set To Suit - Moka Dama 3 Cup, Replacement Part
review image review image
22 comments15 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 August 2008
I was given this when my old (cheap) coffee maker gave up the ghost. It's excellent and looks very nice (which is what you're paying for!). Only problem has been obtaining a replacement rubber seal for it - I'm still trying...
22 comments6 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2011
I bought this to replace my previous one. Love its shape and the coffee it makes. The rubber seal of my previous one had stopped working. Hope thia on lasts at least as long as the last one.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2010
This is a fab looking stove top espresso makers, so very Italian I had to buy one, It looks great on the stove top & it makes very good Espresso Coffee. I have only had it a few weeks & had allways hand washed it after use. But please do NOT do as I did & put it in the dish washer. If you did as I did & put it in the Dish Washer & has lost all its shine & is now a very dull, clean it with Brasso & get some of the shine back.

A di Alessi La Cupola Espresso Coffee Maker, 1 Cup, Black, (A9095/1 B)
33 comments6 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 July 2007
It is very elegant but I felt cheated when I first tried it only to find that, although it is billed as 'three cup', it will fill no more than one normal sized demi-tasse.
33 comments10 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 July 2011
This item was advertised as BLACK. It was infact stainless steel with black handles.
Item had to be returned which was time consuming.
11 comment1 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse