5.0 out of 5 stars A design classic and a nice cup of coffee
Published on 27 May 2010 by P. Grass

2.0 out of 5 stars Upset
Published on 14 Mar 2010 by Mr. M. Aarons

5.0 out of 5 stars A design classic and a nice cup of coffee, 27 May 2010
P. Grass "hungrybuffalo" (Near Frankfurt, Portland and Middlesbrough) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A di Alessi La Cupola Espresso Coffee Maker, 3 Cups, Black, (A9095/3 B) (Kitchen & Home)
We bought this coffee pot (correctly called a Moka) in Sicily 9 years ago. Since then we have used it regularly to make what we think is great coffee (I'm no expert). The 3 cup size is perfect for a large cappuccino or for 2 "British Coffee Cup" sized cappuccinos. Once made the mistake of putting part of the pot in the dishwasher which dulled the aluminium. Since then we've followed the instructions and only rinsed the pot in warm water, leaving the coffee residue to coat the insides of the pot.

[Update Sept 2011]
I can recommend the following replacement filter set: La Cafetiere Bialetti Washer and Filter Set To Suit - Moka Dama 3 Cup, Replacement Part

4.0 out of 5 stars Alessi Coffee Maker, 15 Aug 2008
I was given this when my old (cheap) coffee maker gave up the ghost. It's excellent and looks very nice (which is what you're paying for!). Only problem has been obtaining a replacement rubber seal for it - I'm still trying...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little coffee machine, 30 Oct 2011
Mrs. A. E. Jones (wales) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace my previous one. Love its shape and the coffee it makes. The rubber seal of my previous one had stopped working. Hope thia on lasts at least as long as the last one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Upset, 14 Mar 2010
Mr. M. Aarons (London) - See all my reviews
This is a fab looking stove top espresso makers, so very Italian I had to buy one, It looks great on the stove top & it makes very good Espresso Coffee. I have only had it a few weeks & had allways hand washed it after use. But please do NOT do as I did & put it in the dish washer. If you did as I did & put it in the Dish Washer & has lost all its shine & is now a very dull, clean it with Brasso & get some of the shine back.

A di Alessi La Cupola Espresso Coffee Maker, 1 Cup, Black, (A9095/1 B)

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 cups?, 16 July 2007
Mr. Stanley G. Watson (Abingdon UK) - See all my reviews
It is very elegant but I felt cheated when I first tried it only to find that, although it is billed as 'three cup', it will fill no more than one normal sized demi-tasse.

1.0 out of 5 stars Alessi la cupola espresso maker 3cups ,Black, 8 July 2011
This item was advertised as BLACK. It was infact stainless steel with black handles.
Item had to be returned which was time consuming.