on 1 April 2010
This game is brilliant.

It is about a girl who inherits a stud farm once her Grandmother dies. I had already gotten the Pippa Funnell: Take the Reins on PC, and I bought this too judged on how much I loved that game.
Well, this didn't let me down. I couldn't stop playing it. The challenges are fun, and one in particular is very testing! I loved doing them, and I have completed the game, but not easily. There were many competitions and challenges I had to repeat, because I failed them.

Pros:

The story is imaginative, fun, and not easy, yet not terribly difficult.
Caring for your horse is good fun, and so is riding it.
Your decisions count. You choose what to build on your stud farm to expand and repair it.
The stud farm is beautiful.
It is a brilliant game!

Cons:

The graphics are not the best, but still, it was made a while ago. For instance, when the characters talk, their mouths do not move. For some reason, this annoys me hugely.
The horses gaits look a bit odd, especially the trot and canter.
You have to ride quite a long way to get to the practise arenas for the different events, which i find slightly boring.
The countryside which you ride through to get to places such as the village, a rich man's house, and arenas, is not the most exciting. It is basically a track through fields, a couple of bridges which you do not even get to ride across (you just stand and press Spacebar, then whoopee, you're over) and some trees.

If you ask me, the cons aren't bad ones at all, and I struggled to think of any. But basically, the pros are excellent. I haven't regretted buying this game for a minute. It truly is an excellent game. BUY IT!
on 22 February 2007
My friend actually has this game but i play it all the time with her.

If you want some tips well here you go!!!

TO GET PAST THE QUAD BIKE BIT:

Its actually really easy, all you have to do is concentrate on getting in front of the quad bike not catching him. then stand right in the middle of the path, but the first time it will not work, you have to do it a second time for her to catch hime. Good luck i hope this helps you! You will have quite a suprise when you find out who is the man on the quad bike!!!

This game is ssssssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooo good i spent up to 4 hours playing it!!!!
on 31 July 2008
In Pippa Funnell: The Stud Farm Inheritence, you play a young girl called Estelle Beaumont who has been given a stud farm her aunt passed down to her, but the stud farm is in very bad shape. There are two more people living at the farm: Davy and his younger sister Rose. Later in the game, you find that Vincent Blacklock is after the land, and is determined to get his hands on it.
on 4 July 2009
My daughter has wrote a review:

3+? How could some under the age of 10 play this? I've completed it once and i wanted to complete it again. I am 11 and i always get stuck on the sheep chapter(have to do it twice until i get it right) and the quad bike chapter, i always have to ask for help. When trying to complete it again, i can't do the quad bike bit. Even my dad and my cousin(older than me) has struggled at it. I've finally given up on trying to complete it again. This was my first Pippa funnell PC game and i was disapointed. If your going to buy a pippa funnell PC game, i brought 'Secrets of the ranch' not long ago and really enjoyed it. Overall i thought it was 3 stars, disapointing, hard and abit of fun.
on 20 December 2010
This game is fun but when you've completed it 5 times, it gets boring.
The good bit is you get loads of horses, but you never get to choose them so when you want a palomino, you get stuck with a boring grey.
Caring for your horse is okay, but the first time you get a new horse you get to care for it, but you never do again. But the first horse you get has to be cared for after every competition wether or not you've ridden that horse in the show.

The adventure is that you have inhereted a run down stud farm from your aunt and you have to get it nice again and upgrade loads of buildings, but a stupid man( i forget his name) wants to sabatage your project.
Here is whet it says on the back fo the box compared to it in real life
~ Personalise your stable and your stud farm yourself and rebuild the farm how you want it - no you can choose what order you can get the bulidings in but you can't choose where to put anything
~ Train and take care of your horses to help them gain experience points - yes you can do this.
~ Choose and ride your favorite horses - you can ride every horse you own but you can't choose which horses you want
~ take part in many different competetions with pippa giving you advice - pippa only gives you a phone call when you arrive
~unlimited gameplay manage your farm once the adventure is over - yes but theres not much point it quickly gets boring

The tasks you have to do are incredibly hard, the hardest being the sheep herdng and the quad bike chase. There are however quite good contests and loads of places to ride.
on 30 January 2007
I think Pippa Funells game is brilliant but maybe a bit hard. i have every single pippa funnell game and this one was one of the best 100% worth the money.!
on 12 August 2007
Well, this game is really good, but it gets reallly repetative. To the village, back, to the village, back, to blacklocks house, back, to blacklocks house back. Vincent Blacklock's house is AGES away, so it is boring just trying to get there.

But on the whole this is a good game, fun, and the house (once it is really built up) is actually quite nice! The horses legs are a bit funny, but you get used to it. The adventures are fun and it is fun breaking into the house!
on 16 February 2009
I bought this game ages ago, didn't manage to finish it, and only picked it up again a few days ago. Why? Becuase I was stuck on this really hard challenge, about this man on a quad bike. I had read all the tips on lots of websites on how to do it, but I always failed. But, suddenly, after putting it down for about 6 months, I finally managed to do it!

So yes, some of the challenges are infuriating. And it does get really boring riding from place to place, especially when your horse's endurance level is low. Also there are some really annoying glitches. The one I have on my game is the fact that I can't complete grooming my horse! That means that I can't ride it anywhere, and I have to wait till Davy the Groom comes along and does it for me, which costs credits. Oh and you can't do horse rides to earn credits, which is annoying.

But, despite all that, I couldn't put it down!!!!!!!!!!! :)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 September 2009
The graphics on this game are not very good, it runs better on windows xp, it's slow going, the house the games is set at is supposedly a stud farm (but it isn't), the movements of the horses are slow. There are far too many controls for the dressage e=extended, R=right shoulder in the list gets longer. The game is genrally ok other than the small things wrong with this game, if anybody thinks that Ubisoft should update this version of Pippa Funnell let me know!
on 18 July 2010
its quite a good game, but i cant find one of the flowers!!! the dandelion is supposed to be in the forest, but i cant find it. anyone help??
the game overall is alright, but the riding around gets really tedious, and trying to get points so i can improve my horses skills is really difficult. I can't get any, no matter how much training and competitions I do on a certain horse, I cant get any points for him.