on 26 November 2008
I bought one of these (not from Amazon I must admit) and find it excellent. I used to use my great-grandmother's Spong mixer but saw the Kitchen Craft one and thought I'd give it a go. It works very well and is well designed - the suction base mechanism also holds the rest of the assembly together, and the handle can be used on a flat work surface. By that I mean that some mincers need to be hung over the edge of the table to give you room to wind the handle whereas this one does not. I often mince 10lb of beef for the freezer and it takes about 15 minutes to do. I find the blades on this mincer well machined and efficient. I can only surmise that the previous reviewer was unfortunate and received a faulty mincer. (Also unfortunate is that Kitchen Craft don't keep spares for this product, but one extremely helpful lady there did send me a spare mincing blade which she sourced from one of the company's reps, and didn't even charge me.)
You'll need a good sturdy work surface or granite worktop protector to use this on, and here's a tip - try mincing with about half of the meat frozen; that's what I was taught to do when I worked at a butcher's shop in my teens. i.e. freeze half of the meat then feed through meat in a 50/50 ratio of frozen and unfrozen meat.
on 4 September 2009
Having broken our old cast iron mincer on some tough meat we bought one of these little marvels from Amazon four months ago and found that in terms of meat grinding it certainly out-performs electric food processors. It's primary source of meat is game namely rabbit and venison, neither of which have caused it any problems so far. It also minces all manner of other food; chickpeas for falafel, herbs, onions, whatever takes your fancy, and for under a ten pounds you can't go wrong. Highly recommended!
on 11 June 2010
Bought this and really thought I was taking a gamble as there are some pretty mixed reviews.

However, I've had no problems at all with this mincer. I have only minced turkey and chicken but it's worked great. Bearing in mind that it's a very inexpensive mincer, it's done the job nicely. I'm always dubious about suction clamps, but it's worked fine (so far!). Just need to try beef I suppose to see how it copes.
Only reason it's got 4 stars is that it did take a bit of elbow grease to wash out all the parts. However for the money I shouldn't grumble!
on 28 October 2009
Can highly recommend. Haven't had any problems with it. And the price coupled with free delivery was great value for money.
on 12 January 2010
This product arrived promptly and was tried straight away. It worked well, did the job required but the suction clamp fitting didn't seem to want to stay "clamped" for very long. Apart from that, pleased enough with the product, it will be helpful.
on 3 October 2007
This is the perfect mincer for any kitchen, unless you actually want to mince anything that is.

This mincer was completely flummoxed by even pre-minced meat, the design seems to be fundamentally flawed. I used this mincer for two hours and (with the help of my food processer) managed to mince three pounds of pork. You constantly have to dismantle and unclog it if you ever hope to get anything out of it. After two hours of use the plastic outlet exploded into a million pieces ... no more mincer. I put it back in the box along with most of the meat and threw it in the bin in disgust.

This thing is a total rip off, please please please don't buy it no matter how badly you need a mincer, you'll be ten quid lighter whilst kitchen craft will be down the pub designing more shoddy merchandise to sell you.
33 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 November 2010
We needed a tool for mincing cooked chicken which we do on a regular basis and having had poor service from an ebay vendor I ordered this model from Amazon (which I should have done in the first place). Before placing the order I read all the reviews and after disregarding the usual nonsense ones and those placed by people who don't read instructions I placed the order. The mincer arrived very quickly (free postage) and was put to to use the next day, it works very well, is easy to clean and is not too expensive, what more can I say about it?. If you need a mincer then I can recommend this one but please read the instructions first.
on 22 April 2009
I wanted to buy a mincer for the not very heavy duty kind of mincing. I wanted to buy something that was not expensive and still fulfilled its duties around the kitchen. After much deliberation and upon reading other people'e reviews I bought this piece of kit for a reosnable price and have used it 5-6 times since I bought it. I have been able to mince meat with onions and parsley together to create wonderful tasty meat balls. I have also used it to mince bulgur and meat together to create wonderful tasty shells for mince meat stuffing.
If you are looking for a gadget that allows you to mince meat for small cretive dishes this is the gadget for you. It is very affordable and comes in handy for the small tasks around the kithen.
on 29 July 2010
It looks as if many problems with this mincer are due to poor instructions.

It is possible to assemble the mincer with the small cutting plade the wrong way round. The flatter side must face outwards so it is against the cutter with the holes in. If you put it in the wrong way, the handle turns and the meat moves up to the front, but it won't mince. It's a lot of effort, you get blood all over the place and nothing else happens. The instructions should have an assembly diagram.

At the handle end, inside the barrel of the mincer, there's a nylon washer. This isn't shown as a separate part in the instructions, but it does come out and you can wash it. This is where blood gets, so it needs removing. It needs to be put back carefully, with the projections on the back of the washer fitting into the grooves at the end of the barrell. If you don't get it right, you can't assemble the mincer.

Also you have to remember that this is just a small plastic machine and can't compare with a heavy duty commercial mincer. Even those aren't infallible. I remember being told what I could do with my shin of beef when I asked a butcher to mince it for me. You need to remove as much gristle as possible. If you leave something in that it can't cut, it will get twisted round just inside the cutting blades. It only takes a minute to unblock it. If you find that it is very hard work to turn the handle or the plastic creaks a lot, you are asking too much of the this mincer.

Correctly used, this is a good little machine and I consider it value for money.
on 14 November 2009
I read some reviews that were quite negative about this product however as it was very competively priced I decided to gamble.
The result was that I have a very usefull kitchen appliance that does exactly what it says on the box.
Having a textured work surface I do need to put a little water down before operating the sucker.
Cleaning after use is pure pleasure.