5.0 out of 5 stars Wombling Free
I watched this many times when I was a child so I bought it for my own. They need to be a little older to properly appreciate/understand it(5 & 3 yro) but I loved watching it again with them all the same. The message it has about being environmentally responsible was lost on me as a child, but as an adult is very relevant. Love the music, love the quality.
Published on 28 July 2011 by Jo

3.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD - But bonus features let it down....
This is the story on Wombling Free

Based on the popular children's series, Wombling Free follows the adventures of the furry loveable litter-pickers from Wimbledon Common - The Wombles.
Published on 22 July 2011 by The Movie Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD - But bonus features let it down...., 22 July 2011
This is the story on Wombling Free

Only seen by those who believe in them, their work goes largely unnoticed until they are spotted by a young girl, who invites them to her birthday party to show her mother and the residents of Wimbledon that the cuddly crusaders do exist.

Meanwhile Orinoco, Tobermory, Bungo and the rest of The Wombles are up to Womble-ful things. They invent a pollution free car made of tin cans and mop handles, and stage a Hollywood musical extravaganza in an abandoned theatre - then launch the first balloon-powered aircraft!

The film on the DVD is alright, but they could of done better on the bonus features, the trailer is ok but the interviews are unedited from the Electric Winter Show and are too long and David Tomlinsons interview contains one or two bits of swearing, not sure that is suitable for a kids DVD.

Still, a good film for DVD but the bonus features could of been better,
3/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Wombling Free, 28 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars wombling CD, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Wombling Free [DVD] (DVD)
Bought as gift for Grandson as he loved the Wombles song on another CD he was given. I was hoping it was going to be a set of the former TV programmes but it is more like a short film. My grandson loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars wombling free, 17 Dec 2004
Eun-Suh (the bottom of a well) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wombling Free [DVD] (DVD)
i watched this video 5yrs ago when i was in yr4 at school and it was great. i always had liked the wombles and this movie hit the spot. an excellent film.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wombles, 15 Sep 2012
This review is from: Wombling Free [DVD] (DVD)
Was absolutely fab watching this film again. Bought it for my 4 year old not sure who enjoyed it more though. He sat and watched it all the way through. A lovely film, no guns or ammo only Wombles!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Likeable for all, 15 Oct 2014
This review is from: Wombling Free [DVD] (DVD)
Having watched this film, it makes me wonder why there weren't more made, the Wombles transfer brilliantly from Stop-motion to live-action, the vocal talents are fantastic, the Wombles sound just right, the guest actors are superb, especially Bonnie Langford in her first major role, the costumes are brilliant, the story wonderfully simple yet epic and Mike Batt's music is magical as always, in short, if you love the Wombles, see this film, and if you aren't a Wombles fan, still get it, it's likeable for all!

3.0 out of 5 stars Younger generation introduction, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wombling Free [DVD] (DVD)
Wanted to introduce The Wombles to my grandson, he thoroughly enjoyed it, and would like to learn more about them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wombling Free [DVD] (DVD)
Hadn't realised it was a film version, that was my fault was disappointed as I had brought it for my young grandchildren, they had watch the tv version with me and enjoyed sing along!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film., 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wombling Free [DVD] (DVD)
I remember the Wombles as I was growing up. I have now introduced them to my grandchildren and they love the film as well as the great soundtrack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Wombley, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wombling Free [DVD] (DVD)
I was so excited when I found this as I've not seen it since I was little. It is a super harmless and perfect family film. I love it and so do my 4 children (17,12,9 and 2 years old)

Wombling Free [DVD]
Wombling Free [DVD] by Lionel Jeffries (DVD - 2006)